• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:huh:
Today I was in an existential mood

:huh:

I am willing to go with any experience and explore any mindset that will further my shooting. If wearing a green man-thong improved transitions...well then... :ph34r:

I get all my practice...reading Micahs posts :D

Im exausted :mellow:

Jim

Thanks Jim...I actually went to the range tonight with my wife. I didn't shoot much, rather spent my time coaching her to shoot the G19 better. We made a bet at the end...she had 15 rounds loaded up and a 7 inch plate to hit at 15ft, I had 10 rounds to hit a 3 inch plate at 70 ft. I had 7 hits, she had 9...so we had dinner where she wanted.

The way I see it, we both won :)

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

I am willing to go with any experience and explore any mindset that will further my shooting. If wearing a green man-thong improved transitions...well then... :ph34r:

Oh boy. I'd be careful with that one!! You never know what might show up on the internets these days. :D

2/2/07

-Jogged for one hour

-Full dryfire session

Among other things, during practice, I have been working on, as Max states it, hearing the B in BEEP. Not every match (hell, not even Prod/Open Nationals) will have strong/weak hand, but every match, and damn near every stage, starts with a beep. By improving my reaction time, I can begin saving 1-3/10ths on every stage.

Every little thing adds up. Instead of tapping my competition on the shoulder and saying "Here's 1.9 seconds that you can have...my reloads and draw are kinda crappy!" I'd rather have that advantage in my favor.

Next Sunday is another Miamisburg match...and holy hell I can't wait. Next month Rayners will start having monthly matches. What kind of crazy a-hole would drive three+ hours just to go to a club match?

:D You're reading his journal right now :D

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

Rayners first match is THIS month .......... not next month. Unless you're still draggin' ass in last months Dry-Fire schedule. :lol: February 18th ..... but I'm sure you already knew that. Probably writing it on your calendar as you read this B)

No Bill, the classifer is yet to be announced, but it could be MADNESS!

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Rayners first match is THIS month .......... not next month. No Bill, the classifer is yet to be announced, but it could be MADNESS!

::

I know thats why I say you all are mad. Its 11 degrees outside like which classifier matters when your gun is frozen in the holster.

Keen, it was all a hoax. I whited it out...so you are not forking over your services to "that club" ;) If busting balls wasn't a part of this wonderful sport, I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much! Bust away :)

Rayners definately sounds groovy...my only current issue is that since it is an all day thing, I will only be able to go on my weekends off (ever other). In a perfect world however, I will have a better job before too long.

I isolated my jamming issue to my strong hand thumb rubbing against the slide when the gun cycles. Being aware of this problem now, I am making the consious effort to NOT place my thumb there, rather have it point towards the target away from the slide.

Sign me up!

I already did! Have fun being a grunt worker at Sim :D

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

2/23/07

-Completed the Miller Analogies Test :D

-Full dryfire session

To my delight, I beat the hell out of this graduate exam and had plenty of time to complete all of my drills before rushing to work at noon.

Yesterday and today I am filled with exitement over all of the major (and club) matches that I will be attending this year. It's like being the fat kid in highschool, then losing weight and being successful after graduation and returning to your 5 year reunion. People won't know what to say :D

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

2/4/07

-Jogged for one hour

-Full dryfire session

I gotta be honest with you...I completely got up on the wrong side today. My body hurt, I couldn't wake up, and everything ticks me off. If there ever was a day that I didn't feel like doing crap until work, today was it.

I'm not going to be able to pick and choose my mood, or how my body feels for every match. What I can do is focus on what I can control (the shooting).

2/5/07

-Jogged for 30 minutes

-Full dryfire session

I am officially coming down with something flu-ish. My body is killing me, but I was still able to get in some exersize and all of my dryfiring. Taking everything with a grain of salt, I am fortunate to have this experience. Consider the following...

-You have paid $160 to compete in the Area 6 match. Vacation has been approved, hotels paid for, and bags packed. The morning that you are to leave, you become ill. Will you go ahead and shoot? Will you have the focus to shoot well?

Dryfire, although a little slower than usual, went very well today. Bet you ass I'll be shooting rain or shine, sickness or health ;)