Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New "what The Hell Toy"

Sgtsvi

Like the title says. I just got a wild hair and bought something for the cool factor. I am going to use it as a starting weapon in an upcoming IDPA match with a Jack Bauer theme.

daves253.jpg

daves254.jpg

It is a SWR Trident 9 with a booster that makes it work with Browning tilt barrel designs. It is a modular design that was developed for subguns but will fit a pistol also. I am in the process of getting a SBR stamp for a RRA 9mm carbine so I can put a 9.5" barrel with a three lug mount and use the suppressor on a carbine or pistol.

the light has not caused any failure at all. I have ran about 100 rounds through it so far without a hickup. The barrel is a Lone Wolf threaded coated stainless barrel and is excellent in its quality.

Next can will be for a .308 that will fit my bolt gun or my new DPMS LRAP4 carbine.

Edited by Sgtsvi

As soon as the gubmint finishes processing my paperwork, I'll have a surpressed bolt action .22 rifle. The silencer is actually part of the barrel and it looks like a bull-barrel target rifle. .22lr shells sound like a hand clap and the rifle is surprisingly accurate with the cheap 3x9 scope on it. Loads of fun.

Like Sgtsvi said.. Just for the H#ll of it. Every once in a while, a guy's just got to have a toy he can call his own. :D

FWIW

dj

Like the title says. I just got a wild hair and bought something for the cool factor. I am going to use it as a starting weapon in an upcoming IDPA match with a Jack Bauer theme.

daves253.jpg

That ain't fittin' no stinkin' IDPA box!

:P

To hell with the box, I want to see the concealment holster. :lol::lol:

I will start the stage with the suppressed gun on a table with 3 rounds and have 3 targets needing one headshot each. after engaging targets put the gun down and draw your own pistol and finish the course of fire. I was going to end the stage with the suppressed gun but I was afraid the shot timer wouldnt pick up the shots.

I shot it in the test tunnel at SV with hot CCI Lawman ammo and not ear protection and it was totally sick! I can't wait to roll some subsonic loads with 147 gr. bullets and see how they sound (or dont sound).

As soon as the gubmint finishes processing my paperwork, I'll have a surpressed bolt action .22 rifle. The silencer is actually part of the barrel and it looks like a bull-barrel target rifle. .22lr shells sound like a hand clap and the rifle is surprisingly accurate with the cheap 3x9 scope on it. Loads of fun.

Like Sgtsvi said.. Just for the H#ll of it. Every once in a while, a guy's just got to have a toy he can call his own. :D

FWIW

dj

a friend of mine has a ruger 1022 full auto and suppressed...sweet!

he also had a mp5 sd full auto...really really fun.

lynn

Edited by lynn jones

• 1 year later...
That ain't fittin' no stinkin' IDPA box!

:P

I've got basically the same setup. Glock 17 (but with a Burris Fastfire red dot) with an SWR Trident. I have to store my quiet toys out of state while I live in Missouri. For kicks, (and since I wasn't in MO), I shot an indoor USPSA match with this gun last night.

DSC07423.jpg

I had a couple of people tell me that it wouldn't be legal in a "real" IPSC match, as it wouldn't fit in the box (there is no box for Open). The same guy told me that the rule book did not allow silencers or machineguns. However, I believe both are legal. You can shoot machine guns. You just have to shoot them in semi-auto mode in a match. (okay, splitting hairs, I know). A silencer would likely be considered an external weight or a comp, which would put you in Open. (this is for handguns only. I believe M. Voigt issued an opinion that they were legal in Lim/Tac for Rifles.) But I'm not aware of any rule that forbids them in competition.

I also found that I can go really fast with a silenced gun. I ran a 20-round stage in 2.39 seconds! Either that, or the timer only picked up my first shot. I had to re-shoot without my "comp" on the gun.

To hell with the box, I want to see the concealment holster. :lol::lol:

We don't need no stinking IDPA holsters!

But a Hogue Powerspeed holster works well.

I will start the stage with the suppressed gun on a table with 3 rounds and have 3 targets needing one headshot each. after engaging targets put the gun down and draw your own pistol and finish the course of fire. I was going to end the stage with the suppressed gun but I was afraid the shot timer wouldnt pick up the shots.

That's a match I'll be looking to come play in.

That does sound like fun.

Unless you have installed taller sights since the picture was taken, what are the competitors going to say when they realize the can blocks out the sights?! :devil:

Hope they know how to shoot using both eyes.

That does sound like fun.

Unless you have installed taller sights since the picture was taken, what are the competitors going to say when they realize the can blocks out the sights?! :devil:

Hope they know how to shoot using both eyes.

I have a set of Ameriglo's that are special made for suppressed guns coming in. They should be on the gun in a week or two.

I had a couple of people tell me that it wouldn't be legal in a "real" IPSC match, as it wouldn't fit in the box (there is no box for Open). The same guy told me that the rule book did not allow silencers or machineguns. However, I believe both are legal. You can shoot machine guns. You just have to shoot them in semi-auto mode in a match. (okay, splitting hairs, I know).

Actually even in semi mode, full autos technically aren't allowed;

5.1.11 Handguns offering “burst” and/or fully automatic operation are prohibited.