Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Holster Recommendations

I'm looking to "step up my game" in Production class, and am looking for recommendations for the best holster to use. I've just ordered some CR Speed Glock mag holders to go on my CR Speed belt, and need a good competitive holster to go with them.

I'm seriously leaning toward the Blade-Tech with the DOH attachment for USPSA Production class, and also using the Stingray belt attachment when I switch off to IDPA SSP class.

Any pros/cons on this set up, or any others, would be appreciated!!

Edited by Rather-B-Huntin

Well, for pure speed, the Ky-tac holsters are the way to go, but rumor has it the customer service can sometimes be challenging.

I recommend taking a look at Comp-tac. Greg and the guys do a great job, and they can work with you and get you a product VERY quickly.

-Mike

I am using the bladetech with the stingray attachment for both USPSA and IDPA. nothing like changing the holster position that screws with your draw..

the bladetech, the comptac, kytac are all good fast holsters..you will do well with whatever you get..

I just bought a couple of weeks ago a Blackhawk CQC Level 1 holster for my Sig 226.

Heres a link:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=4150

Comes with belt and paddle attachments. The belt attachment is adjustable for belt width. Both the belt and paddle can be easily adjusted for cant also. I couldn't be happier. Tension screw for trigger guard is easily adjusted. I looked for a very long time before settling on this model. Comes in basic black and carbon fiber finish. Gun fits perfect and the draw is smooth with no hangups.

I bought the carbon fiber one from Optics Planet for $38.95 Shipping was included. If you get the basic black it will be $24.95 shipping included. The carbon fiber is basically a carbon fiber sticker they charge an extra $14.00 for. It looks good but serves no useful purpose.

Hello: Get a Comp Tac belt holster. It will be the same for USPSA and IDPA so you can practice with the same holster in the same position. It does help to use the same stuff all the time. Comp Tac are nice people to deal with and you get the stuff fast. Hope this helps. Thanks Eric

What ever you plan on using, I would not recommend switching back and forth between two holsters putting your gun in two different places. Stick with one and you will become fast with it. Just because so-and-so used holster A and is fast with it, doesn't mean it's the right holster for you. Pick one and practice with it. With that said, material of holster will make the difference. So any kydex holster will be fast.

My only concern is I'm not convinced that DOH holsters in general are going to be legal in USPSA too terribly much longer. Why not just get a Blade-Tech Standard Belt Holster? Just a few days ago I did the fastest close range draw and fire of my life - .86 second - from a Blade-Tech SBH.

+1 for the CompTac holsters! I use their same holster for Ltd, prod, IDPA and work. It's a very well made,very durable and a very fast holster. Greg is excellent to deal with. I agree with racerba and no matter which holster you end up purchasing, stay with that holster and practice with it! Good luck.

My only concern is I'm not convinced that DOH holsters in general are going to be legal in USPSA too terribly much longer. Why not just get a Blade-Tech Standard Belt Holster? Just a few days ago I did the fastest close range draw and fire of my life - .86 second - from a Blade-Tech SBH.

I think you may be right about DOH holsters being illegal in Production and SS with the rule changes. The upside of the Blade-Tech design is that if DOH holsters are made illegal in certain divisions, it is really cheap to get the part to convert your DOH holster to a belt or paddle holster.

I use a Comp-Tac holster for my 1911 when I shoot Single Stack and IDPA. Its a great holster and very quick. They make great stuff and as stated above, they ship FAST.