Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Nationals

Patrick Sweeney

My gut is telling me that there's a dry spell starting around the 1st of July, here in the midwest. Probably will last thru October.

I'm not a meteorologist, but I did Drive By a Holiday Inn this weekend.

Of course that means Bubber & WalterMitty better start building an Arc!

The problem with the Plains, there's nothing to stop the wind (which blows in the storms) but a fence row between Canada and Mexico, everytime a Polar Bear passes gas!

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gut is telling me that there's a dry spell starting around the 1st of July, here in the midwest. Probably will last thru October.

The problem with the Plains, there's nothing to stop the wind (which blows in the storms) but a fence row between Canada and Mexico, everytime a Polar Bear passes gas!

Yeah and about half the time somebody leaves the gate down in the fence which *really* turns up the wind! <_<

Yeah and about half the time somebody leaves the gate down in the fence which *really* turns up the wind! <_<

C'mon Walt we might as well let the secret out of the bag. The gate open thing is what "CAUSES" Tornadoes!

The bigger the gate the bigger the Tornado! And if the Buffalo up north trample a whole line, well here in the midwest a Hurricane Force Wind must be over 100 mph, none of that 60 mph stuff (thats just a windy day).

That's why you city guys are told to always shut gates behind you.

Getting better every day. We are up to 19 in with slots and at least six more who will probably make it in.

There are still a number of names missing from the list (i.e. I don't see underlug on the likely wait list, and only one of the Carden cousins is on there). This is good news, our actual list of Revo shooters might be quite a bit longer than Bwana's current projections! :)

I will be there, in "c" class. ( I'm one of the crono guys at the ohio state match). Money has already been sent in. I was out there last year, and it is a super nice range. See "yew all" there. ----JCB

I will be there, in "c" class. ( I'm one of the crono guys at the ohio state match). Money has already been sent in. I was out there last year, and it is a super nice range. See "yew all" there. ----JCB

C'mon JCB, it's "Ya'll".

It can be singular: Hey Cliff, ya'll want a beer?

It can be plural: Do all ya'll wheel gunners want a beer?

It can be plural possessive: Do all ya'lls kids want somethin' to drink too?

If you say something like "yew all" you may hear: Ya'll ain't from around here are ya?

:cheers:

It's starting to get lonely down there on the possibles list.

Do not be faint of heart Jim, you have been joined by another (John B.) and we have picked up one more firm entry (JC Booth). Carmoney is right, there are a lot of wheel-gunners flying under the radar and they will begin to pop up the closer we get.

82 and a wake-up! :cheers:

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

What about K. Klesser or E. Catalan?

Kevin is planning to go if he gets an invite, but I think he's in the 70's on the wait list.

So he's wearing knee-high tube socks, double-knit polyester short shorts, and pork-chop sideburns? :mellow: Got a picture?

Kevin is planning to go if he gets an invite, but I think he's in the 70's on the wait list.

So he's wearing knee-high tube socks, double-knit polyester short shorts, and pork-chop sideburns? :mellow: Got a picture?

Do I hear the Bee Gee's in the background????

It worries me a bit that you would even want one! :surprise:

Getting ready to book my flight for the "Main event"........

Is it advisable to stick-around for the "bad weather" day (leave on Friday, basicaly)...

Whats everbody doing............WalterM????????

It worries me a bit that you would even want one! :surprise:

mmmmm I too am worried............

I only have 40 in front of me on the list....... per previous conversations....I will be there .( If I am still in country in September)Sooooo ADD 1 to the list !

Getting ready to book my flight for the "Main event"........

Is it advisable to stick-around for the "bad weather" day (leave on Friday, basicaly)...

Whats everbody doing............WalterM????????

Well, I'm not much help on this, because this is in my back yard. I can stay or go without much forethought. The flight schedules and pricing out of Tulsa may make your decision for you, I haven't checked that myself.

If you end up with an extra day with nothing to do we can run up to Claremore and see the largest private gun collection in the world.

http://www.thegunmuseum.com/

Or maybe go see Will Rogers.

http://www.willrogers.com/

I'll probably go up early and shoot a warm-up match at Red Castle on Saturday.

http://www.tulsashooters.com/RedCastle/USPSA/default.htm

Then we'll set up and run a local ICORE club match in OKC the following Saturday, If you want to fly out of OKC that evening.

http://ipsc.okcgunclub.org/

Or you could just move here and shoot somewhere every weekend. ;)

http://www.bentworks.com/oksection/

He just wants to compare his picture with others !!!!! :surprise:

Hop

Yeah, I've got a closet full of clothes I'm waiting to come back into style. I've got some platform shoes and plaid cuffed bell bottoms that just knocked the ladies out! :lol:

I'll betcha feel a little faint just thinking about it don'cha? :goof:

Edited by Waltermitty

So um, what do we do about ammo? I'm assuming we need to ship it to ourselves at our hotel or at the match location? I figure send 500 rounds ahead of me and bring the 11 pounds I'm allowed on the plane? What do other people do who are flying? What does UPS or fedex think about it, do they want an FFL to ship it or do they allow us to ship it to ourselves?

So um, what do we do about ammo? I'm assuming we need to ship it to ourselves at our hotel or at the match location? I figure send 500 rounds ahead of me and bring the 11 pounds I'm allowed on the plane? What do other people do who are flying? What does UPS or fedex think about it, do they want an FFL to ship it or do they allow us to ship it to ourselves?

Last year USSA accepted ammo shipments and had it available in the main tent at the match. Seems like James Broom was the contact last year, but that may have changed since they've added some folks to staff.

They're all out at Open Nationals right now, but I'm sure either James or Kelly Raglin (Range Trash Guy) can direct you to the right person for information.

http://www.usshootingacademy.com/about/business/

It's been a few years since I've shipped ammo with UPS but at that time they required it to be packed in the factory boxes or plastic ones. They said it specifically could not be bulk packed and no FFL needed. I then had to take the package to the main UPS office as none of the UPS stores or anyone else would accept ammo. I know of others who have shipped ammo through UPS and not told them what was in the package but if it were to break open and you hadn't told them I don't know what they would do, if anything.

vince-i talked to phil about shipping ammo to the tulsa range for the MG nationals and he said they will be able to accept it at the main lodge-no problem.