Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open - 2007 Now That The Match Is Underway

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I shot with Angus on my squad. He is such a riot and kept us in stitches all day long. I really like that guy.

Does anyone know when the the scores will be posted for us "non winning" shooters?

Edited by Matt P.

I shot with Angus on my squad. He is such a riot and kept us in stitches all day long. I really like that guy.

Does anyone know when the the scores will be posted for us "non winning" shooters?

They will be posted on the www.frankgarciausa.com website as soon as they are released, hopefully tonight.

Congrats to the winners and my BEbuddies that placed! Special kudos to my firend Kenny Dickerson, or KEND from Speed Shooters Specialties, as we know him here, for his 2nd L-10 finish. Not too shabby, K.

Sharyn, thanks for covering it for those of us that couldn't make it. Who got the hog?

Final Results

Limited

1. Dave Sevigny

2. Todd Jarrett

3. Travis Tomasie

4. Shannon Smith

5. Emanuel Bragg

Production

1. Petros Milionis

2. Daniel Horner

3. Jeffrey Degracia

Single Stack

1. Angus Hobdell

2. Paul Hendrix

3. Jay Townsend

Limited 10

1. Mike Burrell

2. Kenny Dickerson

Revolver

1. Richardo Lopez

2. Cliff Walsh

3. Marwan Itani

4. Johnny Brister, Mr. All Gun GM

5. Robert Perdueaka slflr

N320 not supposed to be temp sensitive but just squeaked by on Friday.

Perhaps you didn't read the thread that documents several of our experiences w/ N320 and temperature swings??? ;) My load changes over half a grain between 95 degrees and 35 degrees.... ;)

Turned out to be a bad muscle pull.

Match over.

Man, that's too bad, Tony... :( Sorry I didn't get to meet you, too.... Heal up and get back to it!!!

N320 not supposed to be temp sensitive but just squeaked by on Friday.

Perhaps you didn't read the thread that documents several of our experiences w/ N320 and temperature swings??? ;) My load changes over half a grain between 95 degrees and 35 degrees.... ;)

Turned out to be a bad muscle pull.

Match over.

Man, that's too bad, Tony... :( Sorry I didn't get to meet you, too.... Heal up and get back to it!!!

I didnt have any problems with 320 in my loads being temper sensitive. My loads chrono'd at almost the exact same velocity as they did in 80 degree weather.

Really fun match, thanks to Frank, Rosie, Wadette, and all the great CRO's, RO's, and Explorers who did all the hard work. Heading back to the snow/cold tomorrow but I will be back again next year.

Squad #19.......... you were a great bunch of guys to shoot with.

Ah! Now your screen name makes sense -- NH is "New Hampshire". You know, for a Yankee.... :)

Glyn, great shooting with you and everyone else on Squad 19 -- what a terrific group of upbeat shooters. Many thanks, too, to the hard work the staff at this match puts in. Those are long hours (heard the plate rack being shot in the dark, when I arrived at 06:30!

One thing that really struck me -- in addition to the usual devious stage designs, etc, -- is how well built the stages and props are. Everything was rock solid, and I'm sure that takes countless hours of work in the background.

Had a terrific amount of fun shooting this match, and that was my primary goal. I also wanted to be competitive in my class/div, but gave my own self the 'roto-rooter' on "Plumbing" when I started the stage convinced I wanted shoot it at the speed of light, with predictable results, many mikes, etc. A shame, but good lesson, and I had many stages I was really pleased with.

Got incredibly lucky, actually -- there was a good wait after the first few stages on Saturday, and I wandered over to the practice area to shoot a plate rack. First shot -- then nothing. Damn trigger spring on my Glock24 broke! Fortunately I had a spare gun, my G35, and was able to swap out the spring, and I bought a spare from Chris Patty, at the vendor's tent, but that was incredibly fortuitous it failed there, and not in a stage.

Anyway. Again, what a terrific squad (Eric, great shooting with you again, too!), and fun match.

6. Chris Patty (1st Master)

Nice job, Chris! Tried to find you to congratulate you in person, but.... it was a mess during awards :D

Smitty won the Limited shoot off, too, BTW.... ;)

Congrats to you, too, Dave.....8th Open? Good job! Keep up the good work!

-Mike

Just back and wanted to thank everyone for the kind words and congrats. I lubed up the walker with Slide Glide #3 and it helped considerably. :lol: Was an awesome match as usual with lots of international competitors. Enjoyed shooting with Matt Burkett and Ralph Arredondo for the first time. Always a pleasure to shoot with Dave Sevigny also. Am fortunate to get to do that frequently at local matches here in Atlanta. Congrats to him on his limited division win. Good seeing everyone. Gotta run and get the trailer unpacked and some updates on the website.

Just looked at the scores and it appears my buddy Peter Oliver took 1st B in Limited. :)

That's a pretty good accomplishment against some top competition.

Congratulations Peter.

I've never seen a shooter come so far, so fast.

Your improvement has been phenomenal and it looks like A class is just around the corner.

Whatever you're eating, I want a bowl of it. :D

Tony

Maybe I'm just retarded...but I'm not seeing the scores on Frank's site.

After you go to the page try hitting the refresh button on your web browser. Same thing happened to me earlier and after I hit refresh I saw the updated page.

Great Job Zman.... :lol:

Thanks, but finishing 3rd is VERY hollow. I shot very well for the 8 stages that my equipment worked.

I must say I am very disappointed in the Single Stack Division turnout. ONLY 4 shooters? There had been up to 13 at local matches, so I figured that there would be possibly 20 for the Open. It seems that the reputation of the Florida Open being tough scared away some of the guys/gals that had been shooting SS with regularity lately.

I am there for the long run, shootin' the skinny gun.

Next up is the Florida State Match March 31- April 1st. Hopefully we will have more participants there.

It was a great match to test your skills, so many of you missed out.

As for Angus, that guy was putting up Limited times with a skinny gun on long 30 round courses.

Congrats dude!!!

I noticed our own Fireant finished 20th in Open and was the high B Open shooter by a good ten spots. He "bit" a bunch of M's, A's and even a GM in his outstanding performance. It must have been the strategy tips I gave him on Friday after shooting the match. Yeah, that's it, my strategy tips. :lol:

Congratulations Roger!

I noticed our own Fireant finished 20th in Open and was the high B Open shooter by a good ten spots. He "bit" a bunch of M's, A's and even a GM in his outstanding performance. It must have been the strategy tips I gave him on Friday after shooting the match. Yeah, that's it, my strategy tips. :lol:

Congratulations Roger!

:lol::lol::lol: Thanks guys, you crack me up. That was my first big match with the open blaster, I think I like it. That was a great match and I had a blast. I'm making a mental note to practice some 30 yard shots before next year though.