Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slots to the Nationals - 2007

Flexmoney

Yep. But to clarify, I don't call returning champs for Nationals. I just send you guys your slots. You HAVE to go. Okay, you don't really have to go, but we assume you're going. To defend your title. So we send those out without a phone call. I have you down for your Production Nationals win. As soon as I get the rest of these calls over and done with I'll be sending it out. I'm reaaaallly hoping it'll be next week.

Area Championships were next. Those are pretty much done but Area 6 is proving to be difficult. Can't get callbacks. Same thing with Area 1 Limited winners. Just not playing nice.

Then I moved on to "other" tournaments. So far: Golden Bullet, Targeting Education, NC Sectional, MO Fall Classic, MS Classic.

Still trying to get to: VA/MD Section, OH Sectional, Summer Blast

We're trying to get through them all as fast as we can, but with 8 areas and 8 tournaments and five divisions within each of those 16 matches -- it can get a bit time consuming and confusing. If you've received more than one call from us for the same match realize we're both working from separate lists and while we try to do some cross-checking, we're also trying to just get them out the door. So just let us know you've already been called for a different match and we'll move on down the line.

(Also, please tell your wives I'm not sleeping with you and your grumpy old dads to PRETTY please give you the message! You wouldn't BELIEVE some of the uh, interesting things that happen when you call 800 people.)

Hope that helps!

Kim

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. But to clarify, I don't call returning champs for Nationals. I just send you guys your slots. You HAVE to go. Okay, you don't really have to go, but we assume you're going. To defend your title. So we send those out without a phone call. I have you down for your Production Nationals win. As soon as I get the rest of these calls over and done with I'll be sending it out. I'm reaaaallly hoping it'll be next week.

Area Championships were next. Those are pretty much done but Area 6 is proving to be difficult. Can't get callbacks. Same thing with Area 1 Limited winners. Just not playing nice.

Then I moved on to "other" tournaments. So far: Golden Bullet, Targeting Education, NC Sectional, MO Fall Classic, MS Classic.

Still trying to get to: VA/MD Section, OH Sectional, Summer Blast

We're trying to get through them all as fast as we can, but with 8 areas and 8 tournaments and five divisions within each of those 16 matches -- it can get a bit time consuming and confusing. If you've received more than one call from us for the same match realize we're both working from separate lists and while we try to do some cross-checking, we're also trying to just get them out the door. So just let us know you've already been called for a different match and we'll move on down the line.

(Also, please tell your wives I'm not sleeping with you and your grumpy old dads to PRETTY please give you the message! You wouldn't BELIEVE some of the uh, interesting things that happen when you call 800 people.)

Hope that helps!

Kim

My wife thought y'all were calling to offer "me" a slot. She nearly flipped when she found it it was my son and not me :P . If we accepted last week, should we be expecting the slot soon or will they be mailed all at once? Also, let me know if there are any South Carolina people you are trying to run down. Take care.

Jack

I got another call and turned down another slot. :(

Same here. I got the call for Tulsa, but I'll turn it down to go on the wait-list for Missoula.

The only times I was at a USPSA Nats was in '02 (my Glock era) and '03. Perhaps if I shot more big matches, I would be a better shooter? Hmm....

Decided to turn my slot down. I already have a 12day Hunting trip to North Dakota in October so I'll skip this yr. It was my first earned slot so alittle hard to turn down. If it was within driving distance I would probably go.

Flyin40

My wife thought y'all were calling to offer "me" a slot. She nearly flipped when she found it it was my son and not me :P . If we accepted last week, should we be expecting the slot soon or will they be mailed all at once? Also, let me know if there are any South Carolina people you are trying to run down. Take care.

Jack

Yes and no. You should be expecting the slot soon, but they haven't gone out yet. I'm reaaaaaaaally hoping to get them mailed out by mid-week this week. We're doing them all at once as a great big mail merge, hence the pressure to get everyone to respond to their offer. We're nearly there though, so I think realistically we'll be able to get them out to sections, clubs and individuals by the end of this week at the latest.

Lawman, I got the message about Mr. Hanlon, thanks. I'll drop you an email because there's still a few stragglers I just can't seem to reach no matter what I do.

Kim :)

Kim, I sent an email...one of hundreds I'm sure...but I think I'm in the same camp Flex is???

At least I hope since my phone hasn't rung (why can't my last name by Aaron) ?????

Edited by carinab

Kim, I sent an email...one of hundreds I'm sure...but I think I'm in the same camp Flex is???

At least I hope since my phone hasn't rung (why can't my last name by Aaron) ?????

Hi Carina,

I got your email, but when I tried to respond I kept getting a funny little message that prevented me from sending. I meant to just pick up the phone and call instead, but of course I could never get off the phone long enough to get on the phone -- if that makes any kind of sense at all.

At any rate, you're fine. I have your returning champion slot(s) from the 06 Nats and you'll be getting it soon. It'll go out with the rest of them this week (knock wood) and if you have any other questions feel free to give me a ring or drop me another line. Not sure what's up with the email, but it'll probably work better if you just email me directly: kim@uspsa.org instead of through the board. I have better luck with sending/receiving that way.

Thanks!

Kim

Got a call today from Matt, He offered a slot for the L-10/Open match.

I was not at home, and can only remember shooting L-10 at the A-6 and North Carolina matches so don't know where it is coming from.

I will politely decline though, will call them tomorrow and return the call.

Hopalong

• 2 weeks later...
Missoula here I come,

I think.

eerrrrrrr............jealousy. I would love to go but oh well. Tear them up when you go out Bill. Don't forget you'll be representing Ohio out there. Not sure how many other guys are going from Ohio.

Good luck

Flyin

Missoula here I come,

I think.

eerrrrrrr............jealousy. I would love to go but oh well. Tear them up when you go out Bill. Don't forget you'll be representing Ohio out there. Not sure how many other guys are going from Ohio.

Good luck

Flyin

Thanks John

I say maybe cause I got 2 free economy tickets and for some reason Missoula is premium destination and requires me use both even if I fly in 3 days early. Kind of a big price to pay but I really want this year.

Our section slots haven't arrived yet, nor has my son's. I am looking forward to the Limited. I bought 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the country at my son's school auction last week for the Nats in Tulsa. Looking forward to it. I haven't been to a Nationals since 1997.