Single Stack Photo Thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So, Erik are you going to run that out of a full Kydex holster? I'm really curious to know if the Kydex marks the IonBond. It marks up hard chrome more than I ever thought it would. Keep us updated.

It won't mark Ion Bond, not mine anyway

Hello: It has already been used from a Kydex holster at least 50 draws so far. Can you see the wear marks :roflol: ION bond is great and harder than chrome. I am thinking of doing my Spartan in all ION bond or maybe 2 tone. It does take the ION bond a while to soak up the oil but when it does it looks great. Did I mention I like the two tone look :cheers: Now I have to build my Caspian race ready next. Thanks, Eric

So, Erik are you going to run that out of a full Kydex holster? I'm really curious to know if the Kydex marks the IonBond. It marks up hard chrome more than I ever thought it would. Keep us updated.

I've got thousands of draws out of kydex holster with my IonBonded Limited gun. Absolutely no marks at all!! This stuff is very impresive. The bluing on my Les Baer is starting to look pretty bad from kydex. I'm thinking of getting it covered in IonBond as well.

I've got thousands of draws out of kydex holster with my IonBonded Limited gun. Absolutely no marks at all!! This stuff is very impresive. The bluing on my Les Baer is starting to look pretty bad from kydex. I'm thinking of getting it covered in IonBond as well.

That's good to hear. I think I'll go IonBond over chrome as soon as the time comes.

Larry: Yes, the slide is ION bond just like your pistol and yes your pistol was my template for it. I love the two tone. Thanks, Eric

Yea, I knew you were going to fall into the green eyed jealosy trap and copy mine, dosent change the fact you did good. As to answer the questions about Ion Bond and Kydex, Ion Bond will wear a hole in a kydex holster and not show a mark. Stuff is so hard its screw driver proof.----------Larry

• 1 month later...

Here is my STI Sentinel 1911 in 45ACP. I started shooting it in USPSA and IDPA right out of the box last Spring. It has since gone through a few modifications.

Dawson Ice Magwell

Extended mag release

Stainless slide release (after the original sheared off at the Indiana Sectional)

STI Recoil Master has since been replaced by a full length guiderod. (I thought is was kind of a pain to deal with and I wanted to make it IDPA legal also)

Dawson fiber optic front sight

Extreme trigger kit (work done by Want2Race Gunsmithing)

Rosewood thin grips (cause I got grubby little paws)

Also had to put in a new extractor (I forgot which brand)

This gun runs great!

post-15605-1259369548_thumb.jpg

So... I needed a new single stack for this years SS Nationals so I gave the guys at the Springfield Custom Shop a call to see what they could do for me. And look what showed up today, an UNFIT OVERSIZED frame & slide for my new blaster.

Dang, I like knowing the right people B)

post-4907-1229918182_thumb.jpg

Well, it's almost a year late but here's the finished pictures. Shot it in every match this year till the Production and Limited Nationals. I'll be back with it for the '10 SS nats.

post-4907-1259380957_thumb.jpg

post-4907-1259380929_thumb.jpg

So... I needed a new single stack for this years SS Nationals so I gave the guys at the Springfield Custom Shop a call to see what they could do for me. And look what showed up today, an UNFIT OVERSIZED frame & slide for my new blaster.

Dang, I like knowing the right people B)

post-4907-1229918182_thumb.jpg

Well, it's almost a year late but here's the finished pictures. Shot it in every match this year till the Production and Limited Nationals. I'll be back with it for the '10 SS nats.

post-4907-1259380957_thumb.jpg

post-4907-1259380929_thumb.jpg

now that is a good looking piece!

Here is my STI Sentinel 1911 in 45ACP. I started shooting it in USPSA and IDPA right out of the box last Spring. It has since gone through a few modifications.

Dawson Ice Magwell

Extended mag release

Stainless slide release (after the original sheared off at the Indiana Sectional)

STI Recoil Master has since been replaced by a full length guiderod. (I thought is was kind of a pain to deal with and I wanted to make it IDPA legal also)

This gun runs great!

Nice gun.

How you like Dawson Ice Magwell?

Dawson Ice Magwell

Extended mag release

This gun runs great!

Nice gun.

How you like Dawson Ice Magwell?

I wasn't sure about it at first but it has really grown on me. I don't think it helps me reload much faster but it has saved what would have been a blown reload a few times. It really helps with keeping my grip locked in.

I wasn't sure about it at first but it has really grown on me. I don't think it helps me reload much faster but it has saved what would have been a blown reload a few times. It really helps with keeping my grip locked in.

Good to know you like it. I have to think about it for my single stack gun.