Single Stack Photo Thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics Victor R.

Is there a new coating on your Trojan?

I can only see a little bit wear in the front of the slide.

Thanks. No, I just got the gun about a month ago. It has 500 rounds through it so far and it's only seen 1 match. That wear is from dry firing. I think this gun is awesome for the price but I think they slacked on the finish to make the $1,000 dollar mark. Which is fine because I will be getting it finished some time in the future.

Nice pics Victor R.

Is there a new coating on your Trojan?

I can only see a little bit wear in the front of the slide.

Thanks. No, I just got the gun about a month ago. It has 500 rounds through it so far and it's only seen 1 match. That wear is from dry firing. I think this gun is awesome for the price but I think they slacked on the finish to make the $1,000 dollar mark. Which is fine because I will be getting it finished some time in the future.

Get the FreedomGunworks Atranite finish. Super Black :)

nice gun, can't wait to see it in action!

Here is the initial picture of a very long term project I just copmpleted. It is a Springfield 45, new slide with ball cuts, bottom edge bevel, gentle lower and flair, flat top, Heinie ledge sights, hand fit and lapped grip safety for a seamless fit, Kart barrel, EGW bushing, Heinie magwell with Legacy custom mainspring housing, re-profiled back strap / frame ifiled rear for reduced girth, hand checkered mainspring housing at 25 lpi, front strap was checkered by EGW at 25 lpi and hand pointed by myself, magwell opened to maximum size. Extreme engineering trigger parts, Wilson flat trigger, all the work was completed by myself except the front strap checkering (EGW), and the awesome Canyon Blue finish by Canyon Creek. Sorry for the crappy picture, will get some nicer ones up in a few days.

post-2219-061384600 1287949251_thumb.jpg

Here is the initial picture of a very long term project I just copmpleted. It is a Springfield 45, new slide with ball cuts, bottom edge bevel, gentle lower and flair, flat top, Heinie ledge sights, hand fit and lapped grip safety for a seamless fit, Kart barrel, EGW bushing, Heinie magwell with Legacy custom mainspring housing, re-profiled back strap / frame ifiled rear for reduced girth, hand checkered mainspring housing at 25 lpi, front strap was checkered by EGW at 25 lpi and hand pointed by myself, magwell opened to maximum size. Extreme engineering trigger parts, Wilson flat trigger, all the work was completed by myself except the front strap checkering (EGW), and the awesome Canyon Blue finish by Canyon Creek. Sorry for the crappy picture, will get some nicer ones up in a few days.

Great job and would love to see more pictures!

Here is my Stainless SV Infinity Single Stack in 40 S&W.

2.5 pound short/flat trigger

FLGR

Infinity AET bushing barrel

Aluminum mag well

Panel cut

Square, undercut, trigger guard

20 LPI serrations on front/rear of slide

40 LPI serrations on top of slide with radial flute

Edited to add it weighs 37 ounces.

Dillon002-1.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

post-13546-091917900 1287969007_thumb.jp

Edited by SV-COP

FLGR

Aluminum mag well

Panel cut

Dillon002-1.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

One of the NIcest looking 1911's i have seen :cheers:

FLGR

Aluminum mag well

Panel cut

Edited to add it weighs 37 ounces.

DAYUM son! That is one fine Single Stack. Glad to see its in your hands at long last. Looking forward to getting some of my fingerprints on it soon!!!

Back to the days of Mike LaRocca and Dan Sierpina

When a single stack with a dual port comp was the ride C-More was in its early years and folks were buying stock in TASCO and rebuilding P-9s

TrioL926-1.jpg

LaRocca .38 Super Elite

Practical Pistol Services 10mm Delta Elite

Reworked Colt Gold Cup upper on a Series 70 frame

Reminded me of the big Oakley glasses,..watching Satterwhite showing us how to use a Beretta 1201 and Mark Mazotta showing us how to talk slow and shoot fast..

John

This means I must shoot single stack now! Custom work done by Rich at Canyon Creek, this thing is beautiful..

1911one.gif

Nice looking looking pistol SNS, I dropped mine off with Rich Monday. I'm just getting some minor work done, but maybe some day I can get a sweet looking pistol like that. :rolleyes: