Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Photo Thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... I needed a new single stack for this years SS Nationals so I gave the guys at the Springfield Custom Shop a call to see what they could do for me. And look what showed up today, an UNFIT OVERSIZED frame & slide for my new blaster.

Dang, I like knowing the right people B)

post-4907-1229918182_thumb.jpg

Well, it's almost a year late but here's the finished pictures. Shot it in every match this year till the Production and Limited Nationals. I'll be back with it for the '10 SS nats.

post-4907-1259380957_thumb.jpg

post-4907-1259380929_thumb.jpg

Very sweet Matt. Do you do your own checkering?

You going to DSC Sunday.

Here is my Single Stack. Dan Wesson Valor, ICE magwell, Sevigny Competition rear sight, Dawson .100 front.

I really like that rear sight. What dovetail cut does it fit?

Novak.. there is a slight gap (.010) under the sight because the Valor was originally an adjustable rear Novak. So the slide was cut lower to allow for adjustment.

Started as a plain used Para 745.Then a target barrel, trigger job, checkered 20LIP front strap and a S&A mag guide fit to the frame same 20LPI. fiber optic front sight reblued by Rebel.Picture also makes a nice background on my computer :cheers:parasmith.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting a nice 1911 to use as a back up gun for CDP and SS and figured if I was gonna spend some money might as well buy something thatll still be nice in 30 years so I picked up the used Les Baer from a collector this week!!! Its a few years old but with only 2,000 rounds through it is just gettin started.

Probably gonna keep it simple with a Dawson front sight and S&A Magwell...but who knows maybe I'll throw a big ole funnel on the bottom.

I know I would have been better off with a cheaper SA loaded and some more bullets but what can yah do!

PII_RS.jpg

Should keep my Trojan in good company.

IMG_0190.jpg

Edited by rrflyer

Corey9mm005.jpg

Want2Race finished up my IDPA heater for me today!

That is a fine looking bottle of Blanton's!

Oh yeah, the heater ain't too shabby, either!

I'm surprised, no disappointed that its still that full! mad.gif

I've been wanting a nice 1911 to use as a back up gun for CDP and SS and figured if I was gonna spend some money might as well buy something thatll still be nice in 30 years so I picked up the used Les Baer from a collector this week!!! Its a few years old but with only 2,000 rounds through it is just gettin started.

Probably gonna keep it simple with a Dawson front sight and S&A Magwell...but who knows maybe I'll throw a big ole funnel on the bottom.

I know I would have been better off with a cheaper SA loaded and some more bullets but what can yah do!

PII_RS.jpg

Should keep my Trojan in good company.

IMG_0190.jpg

I like this one.....slap an SV magwell on it and shoot!