Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The list is moving very quickly. Today is only the first day over the deadline turn in date and this morning at 0600 when I checked my #, I already had my slot up and waiting for me. I paid for it and I'm all set now, Tulsa, here I come. I was really suprised to see only 1 day had passed over the deadline and the list was already moving. I was #27 BTW.

Well, me and my son were #3 and #4 on the list and we are rolling to Tulsa! Now I just have to fill out the school form stating why my son will be out of school for a week in September...

Reason for Absence: Pistol Shooting Tournament? I don't think our uppity school district will like that one. :surprise:

Reason for Absence: Father/Son Bonding Vacation. Sounds good to me. :rolleyes:

Well, me and my son were #3 and #4 on the list and we are rolling to Tulsa! Now I just have to fill out the school form stating why my son will be out of school for a week in September...

Reason for Absence: Pistol Shooting Tournament? I don't think our uppity school district will like that one. :surprise:

Reason for Absence: Father/Son Bonding Vacation. Sounds good to me. :rolleyes:

How about Latin lessons, 'Diligentia Vis Celeritas' ?

Stared at that " There are 0 people... who have not been offered a slot..." message for a very long time. It was certainly a welcome change to see the wait list slot offer message.

My first Nationals as a shooter...

Looking forward to it!

See y'all in Tulsa!!

As has been said, the wait list is moving fast. I voided all unreturned slots yesterday at 5 pm PST and started issuing invites around midnight last night. I think I invited around 80 or so then. I have a few more to invite, but I need to crunch some numbers first.

I just want to remind you to check your email for your invite if you're expecting one, but remember that email is imperfect -- both from our end and yours. If you made a typo when entering your email address it will result in an email floating around in cyberspace and sometimes our server will hiccup under the load and an email might not make it to you for whatever reason. The backup plan in that event, and one that will not fail no matter what (knockwood), is your classification lookup page. Please keep an eye on that if you're expecting a slot from the wait list. You'll see a notice and a link on that page to claim your slot. You can just click that link, claim your slot, pay for it and be done.

I say this because we have been experiencing a rash of people who have not claimed their slots online in the required time (six days) and are then completely shocked when the invite disappears. If this happens, it's gone. I can't get it back for you. Even if you claim you never got the email. Even if you claim you never saw the invitation on your classification lookup page. Even if you claim you were abducted by aliens for seven days and had no chance, what with all the probing, to get to a computer to process your slot. It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that there's 200+ other people waiting in line for that slot, you have been given ample warning and it's not fair to those still waiting patiently.

Please check your email and record regularly and once invited, claim your slot within 6 days if you intend to make the match. If you find that you're unable to make it, an email or phone call would be greatly appreciated versus letting your 6 days run out, so that we may remove your invite and move immediately to the next person in line.

Thanks, I appreciate your cooperation and hope to see you in Tulsa in a few months!

Kim

A huge thanks for all your hard work, Kimberley! :bow: I was #5, so I paid up this morning then made reservations for myself and the crew at the match hotel - I'm looking forward to my first USPSA Nationals!

As has been said, the wait list is moving fast. I voided all unreturned slots yesterday at 5 pm PST and started issuing invites around midnight last night. I think I invited around 80 or so then. I have a few more to invite, but I need to crunch some numbers first.

I just want to remind you to check your email for your invite if you're expecting one, but remember that email is imperfect -- both from our end and yours. If you made a typo when entering your email address it will result in an email floating around in cyberspace and sometimes our server will hiccup under the load and an email might not make it to you for whatever reason. The backup plan in that event, and one that will not fail no matter what (knockwood), is your classification lookup page. Please keep an eye on that if you're expecting a slot from the wait list. You'll see a notice and a link on that page to claim your slot. You can just click that link, claim your slot, pay for it and be done.

I say this because we have been experiencing a rash of people who have not claimed their slots online in the required time (six days) and are then completely shocked when the invite disappears. If this happens, it's gone. I can't get it back for you. Even if you claim you never got the email. Even if you claim you never saw the invitation on your classification lookup page. Even if you claim you were abducted by aliens for seven days and had no chance, what with all the probing, to get to a computer to process your slot. It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that there's 200+ other people waiting in line for that slot, you have been given ample warning and it's not fair to those still waiting patiently.

Please check your email and record regularly and once invited, claim your slot within 6 days if you intend to make the match. If you find that you're unable to make it, an email or phone call would be greatly appreciated versus letting your 6 days run out, so that we may remove your invite and move immediately to the next person in line.

Thanks, I appreciate your cooperation and hope to see you in Tulsa in a few months!

Kim

Did you send out confirmations to the slots that were sent in?

Moved from 200 to 120th today. Not overly optomistic - but we'll see. I'll likely head over no matter what.

Also - procurred all my gear today - holster, belt, mag pouches etc. etc.

Hoping now this deal just comes through.

J

This is for all you guys and gals that have a slot or might get one and can't decide what to shoot. SHOOT REVOLVER!!

Sam "Hopalong" Keen has made a public challenge. If we can get 50 Revolver shooters at the nationals this year, he will give away a S&W 686 NIB by drawing among those wheel-gunners. To sweeten the pot even further, John Heiter (MS Classic Match Director) and Keith a forum member and an anonamous forum member have all pledged a crisp new $100 bill to the drawing winner. To make it even sweeter, Bob Perdue is throwing in a set of grips and one of his belts, hearthco has added 15 of his moonclips, and Randy Lee is kicking in a hammer. Now you can't beat a deal like this. Without even winning the match or going to the prize table you can walk away really fat from this nationals. So, if you haven't decided which gun to shoot yet, this should give you some incentive. If you are already signed up for Production or Limited, give this some serious thought. Jump in the deep end of the pool the water is fine and you will have lots of good company. Who knows, the pot may even get sweeter!

Well I am one of those people who didn't get any email about the waiting list. :excl:

Luckily I have good friends instead of good luck. Keith left a message on my cell, and WalterMitty PM'ed me. B)

So I hit the USPSA site and paid up. It says that I am now registered so things must be going good so far. :goof:

Thanks again Keith and WM. I owe you both a couple the night before. :cheers:

Now I have to contact my factory rep for some more of my special Nationals blended ammo. :P

Do those who got "earned" slots get any confirmation that they are in the match? Sent mine in several weeks ago. Guess I better see if my check cleared. :unsure: I hope they got it because I already have airline reservations.

Edited by Jack Suber