Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you kurt, but I have not been beaten by a sagia yet in a match.

For the same reason we see iron sight shooters outshoot shooters with scopes...skill matters more than gear.

For anyone that cares to see results of a Saiga against other guns here are the results for this past weekend's rifle/shotgun match. http://www.riopractical.com/text/rs.htm Stages 2 and Stage 4 are the shotgun stages. Stage 2 was 16 shot, 2 slugs, Stage 4 12 shot.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

Yes Benny, I did get beat by a Saiga, except it wasn't in a match, it was in the shop and I never could get that commie POS to run :lol: Mark Otto is fairly slick with one as is the San Angelo crowd, but so far it hasn't happened in a match. KURTM

They have rebuilt the "roller coaster" that was on the cover of the last Front Sight. If you shot at Area 2 you'll know what I'm talking about. It is more angled this time. I don't know what the stage design is though but it's rumored to be a carbine stage.

I don't really have a problem with Saigas in Tactical either. They have some real advantages and some real disadvantages.

They have rebuilt the "roller coaster" that was on the cover of the last Front Sight. If you shot at Area 2 you'll know what I'm talking about. It is more angled this time. I don't know what the stage design is though but it's rumored to be a carbine stage.

Very cool. I can't wait to try it.

Pistol...close and far targets.

Shotgun...close and far. A lot of clays. Bonus flippers and slug shots probably at moving targets.

Rifle...2' to 350m at Larue's and flashers.

Lots of running, lots of sun...lots of fun.

(Note: I have not seen one stage design, but it's a 3-Gun match. Who cares about the stages. Show up and shoot!)

Rich

Most if the stages are partially up. These are my best guesses:

Bay 1: Looks like a rifle shotgun stage. Shoot the rifle from the firehouse at targets at the end off the bay (maybe 45 yards), leave it, get your shotgun and engage targets (poppers and clay) through ports in a wall.

Bay 2: CQB in house. Unknown weapon.

Bay 3: The dreaded "roller coaster"

Bay 4: Unknown

Wash 1: Shoot about 8 mid range rifle targets (100-200 y) from chopper, shoot close paper targets moving up the wash (rifle? pistol?)

House: shotgun and maybe pistol. manuever shotgun through tight hallway and ports.

Wash 2: Shotgun and rifle combo. Looks like you shoot a bunch of stationary clay on the move to the Hummer where you engage mid range rifle targets and maybe one far rifle target.

Smallbore range: 2 stages, unknown.

Training bays: short range shotgun CQB.

It looks like a good match with 11 (?) stages.

Great match so far. I've shot 10, 8, 9, 5 and 6 (yes in that order) The long (?) range rifle so far gave me fits. Apparently I shouldn't go to a match with a rifle that I shot for the first time 3 days ago and haven't shot past 100 yds. Other than that it's going well. The roller coaster is the same height as it was for Area 2 so it doesn't look any where near as difficult as that was. Stages look pretty cool. Not much shotgun reloading. Lots of 12 round SG stages and one 14 round slug stage. 6 rounds is the most anyone "should" have to reload. All the pistol stages are low round count, 6 rounds here, 8 rounds there stuff. Out of the three rifle stages I've shot so far I used the C-Mag on them all and will use it one more time tomorrow. Came in handy.

I've not heard the most positive of feedback about stages and of roving commentators harrassing shooters (one guy accused a shooter on stage of having a full auto sear in his rifle, to the degree that the MD said if it happened again (he had a JP trigger in there and as I know the guy is VERY fast on the trigger), he would DQ the shooter...isn't that backwards?).

Not the most positive and welcoming of attitudes by certain match staff.

11 stages, 250 rounds. A 12 round shotgun stage. 12 round shotgun to 10 round pistol. 7 round shotgun to 10 round pistol. When did the SMM3G turn into an IPSC pistol match?

Others, please comment to clarify.

Rich

ETA: Butch - Jerry DQ'ed for dropping his pistol going for a Tec-Loader. Apparently a lot of DQ's (11) for dropped guns and not leaving hot guns safetied.

Edited by uscbigdawg