Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least four of the ADs (Bruce, Gary, Manny, Rob) read this forum and we know that Mike V lurks as well. So it is being read/heard.

The problem is the lack of institutional will to make it so. They fail to realize that it is only that first year when essentially you have to double schedule to get out 1 year extra that is hard.

They complain that there are only so many ranges capable of handling an Area, let alone a Nationals. Well, if some of the larger clubs knew 18 months to 2 years in advance that they were going to have the Nationals they could/would be motivated to build out the range some more. A whole year to design and debug stages would lead to better stages.

The logic for doing it is simple. The logic for not doing it escapes me. Hopefully the next pres will take thing to heart and get the scheduling thing taken care of.

Probably because for some reason the link, if there is one on the USPSA site, to the USPSA Forum is impossible to find. I don't know why USPSA makes it so hard to find their forum.

You'll need the password to get there:

http://www.uspsa.org/forums/

Things are pretty quiet over there...

Probably because for some reason the link, if there is one on the USPSA site, to the USPSA Forum is impossible to find. I don't know why USPSA makes it so hard to find their forum.

Opening page, left side row of buttons. Says "USPSA Forums". :D

Edited by open17

Single Stack Nationals April 26-28 2007

ICORE June 15-17 2007

Canadian Nationals August 1-5 2007

Steel Challenge August 16-17 2007

Add to that out west....

ICORE Southwest Regional April 21st 2007 (Richmond, CA)

Golden Bullet California Sectional July 27-29 (Richmond, CA (still pending approval))

I wanted to make the CAN Nats so I made sure the GBC was a week earlier.. I'll be taking off a lot of time in those two weeks.. and dang, two weeks later is the Steel challenge.. August will be one busy month!

Vince

I see, but I always go in through the Members site and I can't seem to find it there.

I seem to remember in the first few years at Barry that the Nationals were scheduled several years in advance. I think this was before/just after Limited so there was only 1 Nationals to schedule.

What with multiple Divisions/Championships it gets quite a bit more complicated. Then there's the issue of having things scheduled so far in advance there would be little immediate incentive to build new National Level ranges. This years Open/Prod Nats at Tulsa are an example of being able to be a bit flexible.

BTW how long has MV been Pres? Going on, close to, 10 years isn't it?

I see, but I always go in through the Members site and I can't seem to find it there.

Wow. I see what you mean. I did find it from the members page. Additional content>

NROI website>external links> Range Officers Forum will get you there. What a PITA!

USPSA Forums

Step #1 Go To www.uspsa.org

Step #2 Read the lefthand directory until you see "Forums"

Step #3 Click on Forums

Step #4 Read Forums, unless you are not a USPSA Member, then you will first have to join and then have to getyour copy of Front Sight to get the password.

Jim Norman

Well, if some of the larger clubs knew 18 months to 2 years in advance that they were going to have the Nationals they could/would be motivated to build out the range some more. A whole year to design and debug stages would lead to better stages.

I could be wrong on this, but I believe the clubs come forward and request to be considered for a Nationals. Assuming that is the case, how many clubs have requested a Nationals next year (or a better question would be... how many have requested 2008 or 2009)... :unsure:

Not trying to pick a fight here as I think everyone agrees that more notice is much better than less notice. Personally, I'm trying to carefully balance 2007 match requests/match committments/work committments/and wife requests (okay, committments :o ).

I'd love to know the Nationals schedules a couple of years in advance, but I do think that the clubs need to request them. If clubs are currently requesting Nationals in advance and this purely on USPSA, then that is another issue... ;)

I think that once USPSA has determined the dates and times for 2007 Nationals that they should start immediately on the 2008 dates, then next year they will work on 2009, so everyone has a clear idea of where and when.

As for 2007, as long as Open is in Tulsa I could care less about when and what happens to the other divisions. If Tulsa hosts the Nationals for the next 10 years I would be happy.

The range is amazing...

I agree with keeping the match in Tulsa. I heard rumblings about the Open Nats being held in Montana in 2007 and all I can say that I wont be making the journey that far. Although it is a beautiful place and I will visit there one day, the logistics are too difficult for me to shoot a match there. Tulsa is geographically close the the center of the U.S. and easier for more people to attend. The range is incredible and I cant see why the Nats would ever have to be held in any other place. The USSA range to pistol shooting is what the National gun club in San Antonio is to clay shooters. If you have a facility of this type that easily accomodates a large volume of shooters, then why look anywhere else. I hear the Limited nats will be in Tulsa next year so I will be putting the open gun up for awhile next year.

I generally hear what the dates are just about the same time you do.

Not saying that's optimal. That's just how it is.

Have - several times over the past several years - offered a motion for a non-binding resolution which indicates the Board's desire to have next year's Nationals dates announced no later than the end of the current year's Nationals season, but... for myriad reasons, the resolution has never passed. Which is especially annoying because it wouldn't actually *do* anything except put it on the record that that is what the Board *wants*, and we can't even seem to agree on that....

B :ph34r: