Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Is Everyone Running For A Rifle/shotgun In 3 Gun

XAFSP

Currently:

Rifle - Cavalry Arms/DPMS/TSS 16" Cav-15 w/ TA01NSN and a JPoint

Shotgun - TSS Benelli M2

At home:

Rifle - Colt/Voigt 18" AR w/ TA-11 and JPoint or a Colt/JP 20" AR w/ Sightron 2.5-7x32SG & JPoint

Shotgun - Briley Remington 1100

After deployment:

Rifle - Full TSS AR w/ TA-11 and JPoint

Shotgun - TSS Benelli M2

Rich

ETA: You can spend a little or a lot on your rifle & shotgun but know this. Don't go cheap on mags and ammo. Lots of ammo and solid mags ('cause there's no such thing as great AR mags) and a "decent" rifle is better than a great rifle/shotgun and cheap mags and worst of all, not enough ammo. Know your zeroes (yep...I drank Kelly Neal's Kool-Aid) and shoot the damn things!

Edited by uscbigdawg

Rifle(s): I have two rifles that I use depending on which club I go to. One club sets most of it's rifle stuff up between 150 and 220 yards, for that club I use a Bushmaster Varminter that I've tweaked with a Simmons 1-5 "Bennie Special" (Tactical). For the up close and hosing club matches, I've got a Cav-Arms with a CMT upper, 20" H-BAR, comp and an EOTech 512 (also Tactical).

Shotgun: Winchester SX2 with 3-Gun Gear sidesaddles (Standard/Limited)

Ed

Primary rifle = JP CTR-02 20" 1:8 lightweight bbl

Spare rifle = Eagle Arms EA-15 shavetop with 20" 1:9 heavy bbl.

Shotgun = Remington 11-87 with lotsa' JP mods along with my own hacks.

Gotta' get a spare shotgun!

Colt AR-15 It's an SP1, that I've had for decades. It's got an 18 1/2" , 9 twist barrel, Clark carbon fiber handguard, muzzle brake, lightened carrier, 2 3/4 lb trigger, and Simmons Benny Special.

Essentially stock Benelli M2 21" with SRM extension, that's it!

Spare shotgun, Winchester Super X model 1. 22+" barrel, with tru chokes. 9 round extension, big carrier release button. If the button didn't have to be pressed to release the carrier to load, I'd not have the Benelli.

Like Dan my AR is built on an old SP1 lower that has been in the family since the mid 70's, the rest is a combination of JP, DPMS, Bushmaster and a Meopta K-Dot. Super X 2 for the shotgun with a HK/Benelli backup. STI edge in 40 S&W for pistol.

Lots of ammo and solid mags ('cause there's no such thing as great AR mags)

You obviously haven't beenusing HK mags, or regular mags with magpul followers and chrome silicon springs!

Check them out at CProductsLLC

www.cproductsLLC.com

I love my Magpul followers they are truly Anti-tilt, as opposed to the Green follower crap.

But if you want really great mags go with HK's even though they cost $50 a piece.

My Gear (tactical):

*JP 15 20" 1:8 upper over a DPMS lower. ACE stock. JP Trigger. Meopta 1-4X Kdot.

*TSS Limited Benelli M2

My Son's Gear (open):

*TSS Benny AR 17" upper (light bbl., carbon fiber ff tube) over a LMT lower. JP trigger. Nikon 2-7X and JPoint on Burkett mount.

*TSS Open Benelli M1

Nick-

You obviously haven't beenusing HK mags, or regular mags with magpul followers and chrome silicon springs!

www.cproductsLLC.com

I love my Magpul followers they are truly Anti-tilt, as opposed to the Green follower crap.

But if you want really great mags go with HK's even though they cost $50 a piece.

You obviously don't know much about AR's given that whatever gee-whiz, whiz-bang doo-dad someone comes up with the magazines will always be the weak link in the AR. That said, I love the Brownell's mags with CS springs. I'm testing the PMI 40 this weekend. After that, I'll try the DPMS 45's.

Rich

My Gear (tactical):

*JP 15 20" 1:8 upper over a DPMS lower. ACE stock. JP Trigger. Meopta 1-4X Kdot.

*TSS Limited Benelli M2

My Son's Gear (open):

*TSS Benny AR 17" upper (light bbl., carbon fiber ff tube) over a LMT lower. JP trigger. Nikon 2-7X and JPoint on Burkett mount.

*TSS Open Benelli M1

Nick-

I wish Nick was my Dad!! :D :D

My setup so far: Picture if you like.

3-gun is really new to me I have shot two club matches and area 7 3-gun. In all of those matches I had to borrow a rifle.

Limited:

Pistol: Springfield Armory XD-40 (16 rd magazines make it tough but shoot what you got)

Shotgun: Browning BPS with home made 10rd magazine extensions.

Rifle: AR-15 RRA Coyote Rifle (brand new still unfired)

Now I gotta find a rifle case that'll hold a 16" or an 18" rifle with an ACOG on it. <_<

Good lookin' setup mcb!

Rich

ETA: With a Benelli M2. McB's is close, if I had some more depth for the ACOG. The gap in between works great for holding my chokes and (possibly) taking off the JPoint (yeah I'd have to re-zero it every time but we're working on that).

Edited by uscbigdawg

Tac Iron: DSA lower with A1 stock and Accuracy Speaks buttplate, JP trigger, JP/DSA 20 inch upper with LMT rear sight and JP apeture front sight. Triangle Shooting Sports Rolling Thunder Comp. Triangle Shooting Sports Benelli M1 12 g. shotgun (90% of the time) or an Accuracy Speaks 1100 20 gauge done by Accuracy Speaks (10% of the time and never for anything serious).

Tac Scope: DSA lower with LMT SOPMOD stock, JP trigger, POF-USA 16 in upper with slimline foreend or JP 20 in upper with Leupold 1.5-5X, EoTech, ACOG TA11, or IOR 1.1-4X scope depending on mood or match. Same shotgun.

Heavy Metal: DSA FAL with free floating foreend, Hampton lower with M16A2 rear sight, front sight milled to .040, Accuracy Speaks Comp, DSA trigger job about 4 lbs. Remington 870 12 gauge shotgun done by Marty at Accuracy Speaks.

Open: I'm screwed. No open shotgun or pistol anymore. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

www.cproductsLLC.com

I dont know about the HK mags but I bought 4 of the stainless CProducts mags and they are oversize. I sent 2 back and got a runaround about how its the poor quality of my lowers. Funny, at the time the 2 lowers I had were both newer Colts, a 6721 and a 6933SBR. They do fit in my LMT lower that JP built for me but I am not that impressed with them to spend that much again over GI spec.

Shotgun - SX2 Practical

Rifle - Clark Gator 20" with a Meopta 1-4 for longer range matches, Professional Ordnance Carbon 15 with a Soup Can Tasco for the short range stuff.

Edited by Sestock