Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

Looks beautiful! You should do video! Any poppet holes or all comp?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Two small holes

2rf3dq9.jpg

I guess the CK Grip is smaller than the other options. I feel like I need to go to the long trigger insert on this one.

Edited by tyler2you

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open build by Doug Jones at Acc-u-Rail

CK Frame, Slide, and steel grip. Schumann Barrel w/ Bedell Titanium Comp in 9mm Major.

Does he rail a new build?

He does.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Edited by tyler2you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My first crack at an Open build in 9 Major. CK Frame, Caspian Slide, KKM Barrel, PT Standard Texture Grip, and Bedell Comp with the front port cut off. I had to keep everything pretty simple since I'm using a benchtop mill with no DRO. Counting handle turns and dealing with backlash can be nerve wracking. Got the slide down to 10.3 oz pretty easily. Only screw up was cutting the dovetail for the racker. Not sure if I lost track of turns or just measured wrong, but I cut too far and had to just run the dovetail all the way across instead of burying it on one side.

Took it out and put about three hundred rounds through it Friday and today. Had the slide fail to close completely twice in the first hundred. Switched out the 8lb spring for a 9lb one and then not another malfunction. I Parkerized the slide and frame for now until I shoot it for a while, then I'll send it off for either Melonite or Hard Chrome.

2d1u70g.jpg2h87cxx.jpg

244sdjb.jpg

Edited by tyler2you

Sitting at my dealer waiting for me to get back tomorrow afternoon, can't get here soon enough.

Well, I am halfway done on my wait. Very similar build only RTS2 and right handed.

Edited to add mines in 9mm, not super.

Edited by Kingman

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...