Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2007

The match applications for the 2007 Florida Open are being distributed here locally and are available on the website.

Several rumors about the match are being spread and this is what I have been able to confirm with Frank:

The match fee remains unchanged from last year and Frank plans to repeat the Harley raffle that he did last year. All competitors will receive a ticket with their match booklet and additional tickets will be available for purchase at the match.

I am sure there will be great new stages and rumors about them will begin to surface soon after construction begins. For now we can just keep this tread open to share information about the match.

Leo

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I am going to shoot this match since it's obvious that I am not going to get into Area 2 again. It looks like about the same level of shooters attend the Florida Open so I can watch some of the big dogs shoot. I'm pretty sure I have a couple of my friends from the Dallas crew talked into going also. Looks like fun.

These are published details:

10 stages, 290+ rounds

$1,000 to Open Match Winner

$1,000 to Limited Match Winner

$500 to Limited-10 Match Winner

$500 to Production Match Winner

"NEW: Cash Payback to class winners GM-D" (no specifics about this beyond what is in quotes)

Trophies to Match Winner and 1st - 3rd place in GM-D

Special categories to be recognized (Law, Lady, Senior, Super Senior, Junior, Military, International)

Open, Limited, Revolver, Production, Limited-10, Single Stack

$20,000 prize table and shooters will tour prize table in order of finish. Every effort will be made to assure that everyone wins a prize.

All questions are being forwarded to Frank and his response will be posted (He is currently out of the country)

Edited by L9X25

http://www.frankgarciausa.com/flaopen/main.html

What's the best airport to fly into - especially if you're hauling guns and ammo?

Orlando is the way I've gone. Frostproof / Sebring is an hour+ drive from there. About the same from Tampa. Watch out since it's Daytona weekend and reserve a car, like, now if you go via Orlando. That was the biggest pain in the tuckus last time they matched.

The published round count is 290+

The word is that Juniors will pay the same fee as everybody else. They might change that for next year, but that was not something that had been discussed in the past or contemplated for this year.

I was informed that the match will be USPSA sanctioned as a Level 1 match. I personally have no idea what the requirements are for a Gold Team Qualifier.

Many of the question pertaining to the range location and travel are answered on Frank's website, including airports and driving directions to the range, etc. Go to www.frankgarciausa.com and wander around a little, it is not a very big site (just a few pages) but you can get a lot of information there. Look particularly at the "where we are" page.

As mentioned earlier, Orlando is the closest at about an hour or so away (traffic cooperating) with Tampa about 1.5 to 2 hours away. Miami is about 4 hours away. If rental cars become a problem in Orlando, Tampa would be the next best alternative, since it should not be affected as much by the Daytona crowds.

Leo

Edited by L9X25

Leo,

Thanks for the update. I'll have to think about this one. At $200 a pop for Dad and son, plus travel, might be a little steep. That would be the equivalent to 3 other major matches around A6. However, its the international flare that I want my son to experience - he met a lot of people when he went to the World Shoot with me. It would be neat if he could compete with them.

Any chance the idea of a Junior discount could be bounced off of Frank for this year? Say a discount for Juniors shooting with a parent who is paying the full match fee (Real Juniors who are not sponsored shooters)? Could we try? Is Frank in country?

Thanks.

Jack

The published round count is 290+

The word is that Juniors will pay the same fee as everybody else. They might change that for next year, but that was not something that had been discussed in the past or contemplated for this year.

I was informed that the match will be USPSA sanctioned as a Level 1 match. I personally have no idea what the requirements are for a Gold Team Qualifier.

Many of the question pertaining to the range location and travel are answered on Frank's website, including airports and driving directions to the range, etc. Go to www.frankgarciausa.com and wander around a little, it is not a very big site (just a few pages) but you can get a lot of information there. Look particularly at the "where we are" page.

As mentioned earlier, Orlando is the closest at about an hour or so away (traffic cooperating) with Tampa about 1.5 to 2 hours away. Miami is about 4 hours away. If rental cars become a problem in Orlando, Tampa would be the next best alternative, since it should not be affected as much by the Daytona crowds.

Leo

Jack,

I ran it "up the flagpole" toward Frank and that is the response I received. Frank is not in-country so I don't speak directly to him. I pass messages to him through his people and receive the responses the same way.

Feel free to e-mail him directly and see if you get a different response.

Leo

Thanks, Leo. Sounds like he has his mind pretty much made up. We'll see how things go. Take care and I'll see you in Titusville in a couple of weeks.

Jack

Jack,

I ran it "up the flagpole" toward Frank and that is the response I received. Frank is not in-country so I don't speak directly to him. I pass messages to him through his people and receive the responses the same way.

Feel free to e-mail him directly and see if you get a different response.

Leo

News Flash ...

Hotel rooms are becoming a limited commodity. We are competing with the Daytona and Sebring races and the rooms are disappearing. Make your reservations soon to insure you get the preferred locations.

The host Hotel is the Quality Inn. The best rate we could get is $81.99 a night. Call 863-385-4500 and mention that you are with the Florida Open to get the special rate.

The Holiday Inn Express and Inn on the Lakes still have a few rooms available, but not many. The Econo Lodge Still has rooms as of today. Another possibility is the Best Western in Winter Haven. The confirmation cards will have more Hotel info along with contact numbers.

Are we having fun yet?

Another Big News Flash!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Florida Open will also be giving away another New Harley, the only way you can win is

to be a participant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can get a entry form at:

http://www.frankgarciausa.com/flaopen/register.html

I will also be holding several classes before and after the match.

*Intermediate/Advanced Pistol Course's*

February 14-15 Intermediate/Advanced (up to 8 people per class max)

class tuition $395

February 16-18 Florida Open Pistol Tournament entry fee with a chance to win a

HARLEY!!!! $200

February 19-20 Intermediate/Advanced (up to 8 people per class max)

class tuition $395

*Advanced Pistol Courses* */(prerequisite is must have attended a prior

USA Intermediate/Advanced Pistol Course) /*

February 21 1 day Advanced class (4 people max) tuition $275

February 22 1 day advanced class (4 people max) tuition $275

Let me know if you need any registration or entry forms.

let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Manny

• 1 month later...

Woo hoo!

Can't wait. Application is gone, ATF form 6 received...

Yeah baby!

37 hours non-stop drive door to door last year, wonder if we'll beat it this year?

I think there are 5 coming from Nova Scotia this year. See you there.

Pete

I am in the process of making reservations..question - how long of a day is it on Sunday? Does it make sense to try and catch a flight Sunday night or wait til Monday morning.

Thanks.

Paul