Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classification Update

I believe they are going to use the August classification run, because the schedule is too tight to use the September run (they generally close entry on the 12th, and in this case the match starts on the 13th.)

B

• 2 years later...

Just an FYI. I have a friend that's been checking for the update every ten minutes or so this week. He finally called them yesterday and they said because of the Steel Challenge key people were out of the office and the updates would be done early next week.

Flex would be proud, I did the search before posting :rolleyes:

Edited by boz1911

• 2 weeks later...
Hope you are right Gary..................... :D

Yep, I am right there with ya. As of yesterday, I broke into A according to my calculations, just a couple weeks before nationals. Is there any way to know for sure what classification will be used for nationals?

If you earned it, own it.

I am not hoping for A or B, just curious what my classification will be for that match. Being a large match like that, do they go into the system to get a accurate up to date classification?, or do they just wait for it to be posted?

Somewhere in all the paper work I read that the August classification will be used. And practically, since the cut off for uploads is the tenth of the month with the run being done on or about the fifteenth, there is no time to get the run done prior to the nationals. In fact, there is high probability that the run won't get done until the nationals are over since the USPSA staff will have some work to do. ;)

Good job on your bump. Now forget about it and go shoot an excellent match

Best of luck,

Chuck

PS: did anybody notice that this thread was about the 2006 Nationals? :roflol:

Edited by ChuckS

45DV8 and I just had this discussion. Two schools of thought. One, all the staff will be at the Nationals and the updates won't get done as happened last month because of the Steel Challenge. Two, it's the Nationals so they will make every effort to update. I guess we won't know until then??

If you earned it, own it.

+1.

Shoot your best and shoot to win...not to lag back and claim victory in a lower class. That's puss stuff. If you want to be/get better, THEN BE/GET BETTER and fight your way up. If not...does it really make a difference what class you end up in?

--Lanzo

Lanzo, only you are trying to twist this question into something it is not. Take a step off the pulpit and calm the preaching. I am just asking when classifications will be changed. If you feel the need to attack someone, attack people that intentionaly shoot poorly on classifiers. I, have always shot classifiers the best I could. When i shot the one yesterday, i knew if I nailed it, I would be In A class, and it is a goal I have had for a long time. I just simply wanted to know if I was going to be shooting nationals as a A class, or B class, simple question no more , no less. I have never shot a nationals match, and I have heard the rumor that when you go to sign in, they check your classification with classifiers that are pending, or processed, not by whats on your card. Just loking for some clarification on his, for those who have shot a nationals level match.

Lanzo, only you are trying to twist this question into something it is not. Take a step off the pulpit and calm the preaching. I am just asking when classifications will be changed. If you feel the need to attack someone, attack people that intentionaly shoot poorly on classifiers. I, have always shot classifiers the best I could. When i shot the one yesterday, i knew if I nailed it, I would be In A class, and it is a goal I have had for a long time. I just simply wanted to know if I was going to be shooting nationals as a A class, or B class, simple question no more , no less. I have never shot a nationals match, and I have heard the rumor that when you go to sign in, they check your classification with classifiers that are pending, or processed, not by whats on your card. Just loking for some clarification on his, for those who have shot a nationals level match.

My bad bro. I'm not trying to attack you. My post was meant to be in general. I was just agreeing with the other guy. I'm sorry if you took it that way. A friend and I talked about guys lagging back this weekend on the way to a opening of a gun store and I read that post and pretty much was like "Hell Yeah!" and +1'd it. Sorry if I offended...not my intention, but I could see where you thought I was pointing the finger.

Good luck at the Nationals!

--Lanzo

Dave,

Just so you know I was not calling you out. My comment was something that I try to live by. I do know what your are talking about though, when we went to area 3 together I got bumped just before the match, that is okay I wouldn't have one anything in any class the way I shot.

See you Wed. I finally get to shoot a match again.

• 3 weeks later...