Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Things You Only Do Once -

Set 2 boxes of 500, 125 grian Zero JHP's on the back of your wifes truck and forget about them. Get a call that she has gold shit flying off her truck all the way down the street. Trying to find and pick up 1000 bullets from a residential street.

oh my!

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set 2 boxes of 500, 125 grian Zero JHP's on the back of your wifes truck and forget about them. Get a call that she has gold shit flying off her truck all the way down the street. Trying to find and pick up 1000 bullets from a residential street.

oh my!

:o That wouldn't be fun.

On a skeet field with the controller in my hand, finishing the round and going to pick up hulls about 3 feet in front of the low house window. Threw down the controller and things went "Matrix" quickly, I could distinctly hear the machine cycle and caught the clay bird in the back at about 45MPH. Had a bruise for about 3 months from that stoopid stunt. Could have been worse, could have caught the bird in man land, would have probably been fatal :)

Did many stupid things as a kid growing up, I'm an identical twin and we were both the "evil" twin growing up. Have the scars and the memories of to many boneheaded escapades.

David

Once was enough....

Do you realize that a Dillon 650 doesn't care one iota that your finger has slipped between the bullet and the brass when seating the bullet?

Do you also realize that the pain in the left index finger takes a while to alert the brain to tell the right hand to get the pressure off handle of the said 650? (probably no more than a few milliseconds, but it seems like a millenium or two :blink: )

I didn't cut a plug out of it, but the fingertip was badly discolored, had a semi-circular impression and was completely numb for several days.

dj

And 1050's too. :D

And unfortunately I must inform us that we're drifting the thread, because this isn't one of those things that only happens once. :lol:

be

I can't believe I just found this thread! Things you only do once...

Step on a hoe lieing on the ground - BOING! Knocked me on my butt and busted open my chin - 7 stitches!

Use your dad's straight edge razor and imitate shaving your face - 7 more chin stitches!

Ride a dirt bike in the desert wearing ONLY a bikini! 14 stitches in my leg, AFTER THEY REMOVED THE PEG and bike from my leg. Oh yeah, and we were 3 hours away from the hospital!

Use a paring knife to slice a hard boiled egg IN YOUR HAND. 12 stitches around the palm of my hand.

Get mad at your boyfriend and slam your car in reverse in his parents driveway without looking to see what was behind you. It was only a motorcycle, a brand new Kawasaki GPZ :) Not much of it left by them time I drove over it though!

dajarrel, my SDB--for all its good qualities otherwise--also, like other presses in the Dillon family, doesn't care if it smashes my bullet-placing fingers in its unyeilding and stone-cold vice grips powered by my crank-throwing other hand. Jeez. No words for it. :angry:

I can't believe I just found this thread! Things you only do once...

Step on a hoe lieing on the ground - BOING! Knocked me on my butt and busted open my chin - 7 stitches!

Use your dad's straight edge razor and imitate shaving your face - 7 more chin stitches!

Ride a dirt bike in the desert wearing ONLY a bikini! 14 stitches in my leg, AFTER THEY REMOVED THE PEG and bike from my leg. Oh yeah, and we were 3 hours away from the hospital!

Use a paring knife to slice a hard boiled egg IN YOUR HAND. 12 stitches around the palm of my hand.

Get mad at your boyfriend and slam your car in reverse in his parents driveway without looking to see what was behind you. It was only a motorcycle, a brand new Kawasaki GPZ :) Not much of it left by them time I drove over it though!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

dajarrel, my SDB--for all its good qualities otherwise--also, like other presses in the Dillon family, doesn't care if it smashes my bullet-placing fingers in its unyeilding and stone-cold vice grips powered by my crank-throwing other hand. Jeez. No words for it. :angry:

Either does the 1050...

My trigger finger nail is almost back to normal after 4 months...

Play basketball barefoot on a gym floor,the bottom of my feet had huge blisters.Drink a pint of Jack and stagger onto a C130 for a 3 hr flight.I was okay until the descent.I scraped pieces of Quarter Pounder out of my kevlar for 2 years.

Throwing water on a grease fire. I know it is COMPLETELY the wrong thing to do, but in the heat (har har) of the moment, it was all that I could come up with.

Never again! It turned from a steno can to a wall o' fire!

I stuck a sunflower seed in my right ear when i was 4.

Had it removed when i was 6. :o

The look on the doctors face was priceless. ;)

My wife had a single birdseed from our wedding reception in her ear canal for a bit over two years. In her first few weeks of medical school, they were learning how to use odoscopes to check ears when a classmate found something strange. The instructor told here to go to an ENT ASAP, as she could not diagnose what the "object" in her ear canal was. After a few stressful days of waiting, and praying it wasn't some kind of tumor, we all had a great laugh.

Payback is hell, and each of our so-called friends that had dumped the large volume of seed on us, were each paid back in spades on their own wedding days. They all knew it was going to happen to them and went to great lenghts to avoid it by not having the traditional birdseed sendoff. However, I always brought my own "ammo". Myself or my wife was in the wedding party for each one, so we had the inside info and everyone's parents knew the story by the big day. They all seemed to get a laugh out of our revenge plots. I had the father of one bride casually ask his daughter if she had remembered her ear plugs. One payback had me setting them up with the limo driver to leave the sunroof open for a birdseed bomb. On the latest, I hid behind the limo with a two gallon bucket full of birdseed and when the innocent groom opened the door to get in the car I let loose over the top of the limo and covered them in seed.

In anger one night at a wiseass busboy in the kitchen who was squirt-gunning me in the back of the neck repeatedly, I (the restaurant's hostess at the time) threw a 64-oz coffee can full of water at him when he least expected it (the expression on his face was worth it!!!!). Only trouble was it was a Friday night in the middle of the dinner shift rush and the kitchen came to an instantaneous halt, the vinyl floor being covered with a layer of water........ might as well have been an oil spill on a freeway. Just as suddenly I felt like a jerk, grabbed every towel in the house and apologized for several minutes--all the while mopping the floor on my knees. Pretty surprising, though, how fast I got that floor dried out. Even the owner could't stay angry too long.

It all happened pretty fast. You had to have been there. :ph34r::P:rolleyes:

He never squirt-gunned me again. The owner saw to that.

I stuck a sunflower seed in my right ear when i was 4.

Had it removed when i was 6. :o

The look on the doctors face was priceless. ;)

My wife had a single birdseed from our wedding reception in her ear canal for a bit over two years. In her first few weeks of medical school, they were learning how to use odoscopes to check ears when a classmate found something strange. The instructor told here to go to an ENT ASAP, as she could not diagnose what the "object" in her ear canal was. After a few stressful days of waiting, and praying it wasn't some kind of tumor, we all had a great laugh.

Payback is hell, and each of our so-called friends that had dumped the large volume of seed on us, were each paid back in spades on their own wedding days. They all knew it was going to happen to them and went to great lenghts to avoid it by not having the traditional birdseed sendoff. However, I always brought my own "ammo". Myself or my wife was in the wedding party for each one, so we had the inside info and everyone's parents knew the story by the big day. They all seemed to get a laugh out of our revenge plots. I had the father of one bride casually ask his daughter if she had remembered her ear plugs. One payback had me setting them up with the limo driver to leave the sunroof open for a birdseed bomb. On the latest, I hid behind the limo with a two gallon bucket full of birdseed and when the innocent groom opened the door to get in the car I let loose over the top of the limo and covered them in seed.

Mine did have a sprout. It had apparently begun to grow. :D

GRRRR,,,,,,,damn it, I don't want to,,,,,,but it is funny,,,,,damn embarassing,,,,,,but funny,,,,,OK, I talked myself into it telling on myself.

Was messin' around with my .45 taking some longer range shots from a rest on a table. So I promplty got comfortable (oh,,,,indoor range, close quarters,,,,ballistic panels on both side of me). Squeeze off a few rounds,,,,,adjust my rest, wipe down the glasses, squirm around a bit more,,,,,squeeze off a few more rounds,,,,,,adust my rest, wipe donw the glasses,,,,,squirm around a bit more,,,,ahh,,,,,comfy. Bang Bang Bang,,,,Holy $hit it felt as if a cherry red cattle brand had been planted squarely between my a$$ cheeks. Fortunely I had the sense the thumb the safety before jumping up and doing some sort of discombobulated gay chicken dance in front of a bunch of manly men,,,,,,with one hand reachin' for the heavens and one hand reachin' for the promised land!!!! :lol:

Man,,,,,talk about "diggin' for gold",,,,,or in this case, "diggin for brass". :o

Remember "crack kills".

H4444

• 1 month later...