Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Area 2 Championship

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At Area 2 in Production I will generally run 5 mags and a 6th as the loader. But I would have a couple of spares in the bag just in case a magazine gives any trouble.

Max round count is 32 but you better hit what you are aiming at.

A small stage will be about 28 rounds.

Edited by Viggen

Anybody know when they are going to post the stages? I am shooting Single Stack and need to know if I need to buy more magazines......... :huh:

i'd buy more! :lol:

I am carrying 7 ! :wacko:

You better!!!!!!

And you carry 7 and you shoot limited!!!! :wacko:

Bend in September maybe. Bend in November? Isn't that parka and ski pants weather?

Mesa is the desert and the weather reflects that. It's cool, heck downright cold when the sun isn't up, like first thing in the morning when you're shooting under lights.

Check the weather report before you go. We had freak weather for this years SMM3G and instead of a nice mild weather week that we usually see for that match we got rain and snow. I know most people were not prepared and froze their butts off.

Bend in September maybe. Bend in November? Isn't that parka and ski pants weather?

Mesa is the desert and the weather reflects that. It's cool, heck downright cold when the sun isn't up, like first thing in the morning when you're shooting under lights.

Check the weather report before you go. We had freak weather for this years SMM3G and instead of a nice mild weather week that we usually see for that match we got rain and snow. I know most people were not prepared and froze their butts off.

+1

take warm and wet outerwear.

lynn

I'm a native of Arizona and freeze so take it with a grain of salt :P For the first couple stages I wore long sleeves with underarmor shirt and long pants....by stage 3 of the day I lost the under armor and kept the long sleeve shirt.....most guys just wore long sleeves with a short sleeve shirt over the top...saw some gloves in the mornings. By late afternoon you are looking for shorts/short sleeves as you are standing out in the sun....Bring different color glasses, glare is killer out there during the day. Beautiful shooting weather tho! Average for November is 75/47..... so up to you...is that cold or not?

Edited by Trisha Lowry

Maybe this question has been asked before, but here it goes again...

I live and actively shoot in FL (elevation approx 10-15 ft msl) and plan to shoot the Area 2 match (I did receive my postcard), open gun with PF around 168-169. Do I need to modify my loads for the A2 match or should I expect the PF to remain unchanged? :(

Also, what is the address to UPS the ammo prior to the match? Contact person? :huh:

Edited by Big Guy

Any idea what the round count will be? :blink: I need to UPS my ammo out ASAP. Thanks!

i usually take 400 rounds with me for the last 5 or 6 years and still bring some home.

Maybe this question has been asked before, but here it goes again...

I live and actively shoot in FL (elevation approx 10-15 ft msl) and plan to shoot the Area 2 match (I did receive my postcard), open gun with PF around 168-169. Do I need to modify my loads for the A2 match or should I expect the PF to remain unchanged? :(

Also, what is the address to UPS the ammo prior to the match? Contact person? :huh:

i'd leave your loads the same. the pf won't be that much different. contacts on shipping your ammo, check here:

http://www.riosaladodesertclassic.com/Contacts.aspx

lynn

Edited by lynn jones

Any idea what the round count will be? :blink: I need to UPS my ammo out ASAP. Thanks!

Heh Newbie!!!

I didn't know you got your permission slip signed by mamma, or I would have told you to get your ammo to us. We have a shuttle going down, and he's transporting all our ammo in his truck (he winters in Pheonix). :(

BTW...Is she gonna let you come out and play with the boys after shooting, or are you gonna have to be a lap dog all weekend when yer not on the range??? :P I think you might have a spot of trouble getting a rental car with your driving problems (read: Captain Crunch). :lol:

All kidding aside, you are going to love this match!!! It is by far the best Area match in the country IMO. The competition is fierce, the people are freindly, and the prize table is second to none!!! I affectionately call Rio Salado "Mecca". I would like to think that is where IPSC shooters go when they die.

<insert mantra here>

"Happy Place...Happy Place...Happy Place..." :wub:

<insert mantra here>