Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3 Gun Match

Dave M. You definitely do not want to shoot this match. Last year they made us start one stage with a training version of an AT4, another stage required us to start with a full auto AK 47. Neither of these are available for you to practice with in the great state of New Jersey. These are big boy's toys.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, I think we can manage. We've had the Naval Academy and the West Point cadets bring their toys to our playground!

Bill

P.S. Do you think I can have my daughter Dawn shoot a few of the stages at your rifle match next Saturday. Louie let her shoot a few for fun up at the NYS. She got all her hits. (mostly A's) :D

I just returned from the post office and my application is in the mail as I type this.

I didn't get to attend this match last year yet I am still certain that it is the real "Must Go" 3gun match of the year.

Hope I get to see 129 of the rest of ya' all there ;-)

I was in the truck headed for the post office 5 min's after she posted the app. The bad thing about it is I still don't know if I will be in the match or not. <_< The way I see it, she will have about 200 app's in her mail box Monday. I guess it will be luck of the draw. I had it made last year. I saw the match and app posted about an hour after Aaron posted it and met them at Ft Benning the next morning with the app's in hand. I was shooter #1 and that sounds good to poeple that don't know the real truth. B)

Boy this scramble to get in matches is crazy. Ft Benning will be sold out Monday or Tuesday, but the Area 6 Multi Gun may never be sold out. As far as stages go Area 6 had just as good of stages (with out full autos or AT4's), but it was just as much fun. They even had a portapoty that you could go full auto in or use a big stick if you had one ;), but anyway. The way I see it their are more app's in the mail now 2 1/2 hours after the app's came up, than the Area 6 has all together and that match has been posted for a couple of weeks now. :wacko: I don't know for sure how many they have to date, but I would bet on it.

Ronnie

Mine is in the mail now. I missed this last year because I dragged my feet. Hopefully I won't miss this one for lack of an Overnight Express letter.

Actually -- I go by postmark date. The only thing an Overnight Express letter will get you is an annoyed stats lady :)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

I like the way you are handling this on a "true" first come, first served basis.

I am looking forward to this match and the trip there and back (planning on driving).

Mine is in the mail now. I missed this last year because I dragged my feet. Hopefully I won't miss this one for lack of an Overnight Express letter.

Actually -- I go by postmark date. The only thing an Overnight Express letter will get you is an annoyed stats lady :)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda

I hope you would also take into consideration that at 7:00 PM May 12th apps released, most post offices closed except west coast only 4:00PM and Post offices are open.

thanks

LOuie

Linda

I hope you would also take into consideration that at 7:00 PM May 12th apps released, most post offices closed except west coast only 4:00PM and Post offices are open.

thanks

LOuie

Actually, I posted at 7:45 on the East Coast. I got off work, had to clock out, walk to the car in the parking lot & drive home in traffic. B)

This morning, I looked at site statistics for my website. Between 7pm - 8 pm Eastern time I had 37 "views" of the application. However, another statistic tells me that only 15 "unique" visitors were on the page at that time. Something tells me that a big part of the 37 visitors were shooters checking the page between 7:00 and 7:45. At any rate, for the entire 7 pm to midnight time frame last night, the application had 43 unique visitors. (I really have done this before once or twice)

So, safe to say, I think a few East coast shooters will get into the match.

Also, I will send confirmations by email within 24 hours of getting your applications, so no one will be waiting long for info.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Shot the match last year and was in early enough for the humbling session with Travis and Max. I'm sure this will be a fun match, hope they include a repeat of stage 12 that got tossed last year. That is still one of my all time favorite stages for a 3 gun match. App. is in the mail.

Linda

thanks

LOuie

Actually, I posted at 7:45 on the East Coast. I got off work, had to clock out, walk to the car in the parking lot & drive home in traffic. B)

This morning, I looked at site stastics for my website. Between 7pm - 8 pm Eastern time I had 37 "views" of the application. However, another statistic tells me that only 15 "unique" visitors were on the page at that time. Something tells me that a big part of the 37 visitors were shooters checking the page between 7:00 and 7:45. At any rate, for the entire 7 pm to midnight time frame last night, the application had 43 unique visitors. (I really have done this before once or twice)

So, safe to say, I think a few East coast shooters will get into the match.

Also, I will send confirmations by email within 24 hours of getting your applications, so no one will be waiting long for info.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

About the shirts. Will you be having extras at the match for sale as well? I ordered a SS, but once we can actually see them, people may want to get more. Just curious.

Thanks

About the shirts. Will you be having extras at the match for sale as well? I ordered a SS, but once we can actually see them, people may want to get more. Just curious.

Thanks

A graphics arts design guy is working on logos. Current plans are for the shirt to have a unique Match logo on the front, and a colorful '3-gun" action picture on the back.

Once I have those designs, I will post those on the web site (superimposing them on the appropriate colored shirts). I will email match participants asking them to check out the designs and see if we can get pre-orders.

I usually order 3 - 5% above my pre-order number for the match. That is usually 3 to 5 extra shirts per size.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 AMU 3 Gun Match Statistician

Edited by LChico

I always buy match T's at the match rather than pre-ordering. I make my mind up by seeing them and either liking them or not so I never pre-order. Just one of my things, I guess. If I want one, I jump on it at registration/sign-in, "if" they are available. If I miss out, it has never bothered me much.

On behalf of the entire Army Marksmanship Unit, we are extremely proud to have Linda and Jeff on board with us! While outlining the stages today over lunch, it was abundantly clear that this year’s match is going to far surpass our inaugural effort.

Oh and another thing, Linda is THE Grand Master of stats!! (And everthing else that goes into holding a match :) )

Travis Tomasie

U.S. ARMY

Travis,

You won't be imitating a BFV with a port-a-pot again will you? lol Maybe I can buy you a coke again this year too! ;) Looking forward to another great match this year, apps went in the mail today! :wub:

I stopped my app by the post office this morning on the way to the monthly Cherokee match. Hope to get in, as I didn't shoot the Benning match last year. Will also probably be inquiring about vendor and sponsor arrangements. Saw the vids and it looked like a blast...no pun intended. I did hear about some of the issues with last years match and what I can guarantee is stats issues are history with Linda at the helm.

Edited by cpty1

I'd love to go. I'll should be at Bragg and settled in there by then. I'm going to unfortunately hold off on sending in an app to fund the US3GN. Being out of the game for 2 years and then ordering parts from Korea is getting a little pricey.

I'm going to try my best though.

Rich

Didn't make into Superstition even by putting the app in the box at the Post Office at 6am on the postmark date. Was pretty bummed about that.

Didn't get into DPMS yet either. But I heard I was 14th on the list which is good news... so I'm told.

Downloaded the app friday evening at 9pm after getting off work, ran it to the Post Office saturday morning at 5:45am. So right now it's sitting in a big pile with other mail waiting for monday morning 6am pickup.

The stress is becoming too much. But I still hope for a happy ending.

My guess is that anyone that took the time to get it into the mail this weekend will get a slot no matter where they are posting it from.

Ifn'ya were to have waited until after Monday morning, I kinda' doubt it.

Linda,

I mailed my app on Sat. I hand-wrote the app because I didn't have access to a printer :-)

I shot last year and it was great. Your participation will only make it better!

Cy

After seeing Jeff's picture in the Front Sight with all the shotshells, shouldn't he be required to wear an ORM-D sticker? Mike, Mikey and I plan on being there... good luck with the match preparation. Les

Linda,

I mailed my app on Sat. I hand-wrote the app because I didn't have access to a printer :-)

I shot last year and it was great. Your participation will only make it better!

Cy

Handwritten will be fine, Cy.

Most of the 3 Gun shooters don't know me yet, but I appreciate all the positive comments from all my friends among the pistol shooters. I've done a lot to learn about how to score a 3 gun match over the last 4 weeks. I wanted to be sure I could meet my personal standards for stats at a shooting match. :)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 AMU 3 Gun Match Statistician