Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3 Gun Match

I do happen t have a nice 308 DPMS I would sell or rent you for the match though

Jeff

Thanks for the offer but no thanks. Way to...normal for my taste :)

I think I will just shoot Tactical and blend with the crowd. Moo B)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do happen t have a nice 308 DPMS I would sell or rent you for the match though

Jeff

Not sure why all the matches have gone that way on the Heman/ Heavy metal division, I'm with you thinking that if it makes major blast it. If we want to call it nostalgia division, then shoot MIA's, Garands and such, maybe we can make some head way to changing this in the future.

Heavy Metal has been 308 from concept to inception.

You/we have always had the option of shooting major cal rifles (6.8 if makes PF) in Limited, Tactical or Open divisions.

It is thought to be less competitive.

PK

Jeff

Not sure why all the matches have gone that way on the Heman/ Heavy metal division, I'm with you thinking that if it makes major blast it. If we want to call it nostalgia division, then shoot MIA's, Garands and such, maybe we can make some head way to changing this in the future.

WWI anyone? 1911 (not A1) or .455 Webley, 30/06, .303 or 8mm bolt gun, Winchester 1897 shotguns? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Many of you have asked about the Zero range and Test Fire areas. Both areas will be "open" Thursday afternoon, primarily for Friday shooters, but available for weekend shooters who arrive early. Of course, they will also be open Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

Side Matches will be open Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

Before you fire a round at ANY of these locations, you have to stop by stats (or registation at the hotel) to turn in your "waiver of liability" form. Once I have that, I will give you a card that will allow you access to the Zero Range, the Test Fire range (with gunsmith approval), and the side matches. No one shoots until I get your paperwork!

Please contact me if you have questions

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

We are looking for staff -- CRO & RO (or IDPA SO) -- to help at the match.

Preference given to those who have actually worked a major 3-gun match before. Then, anyone who has experience working at a major pistol match (National, Area or Tournament level). We are ONLY looking for experienced help, because we have plenty of "staff" at Ft Benning with no previous match experience B)

Perks: You shoot free (Friday only), free staff shirt, free meals at the range, free accomodations on Fort Benning, and eligible for all prizes (like any other competitor).

If you are interested, contact me at LChico@msn.com.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

First let me start my first post by thanking Linda Chico and Jeff, without them there is no way we would have been able to bring you the 2006 match. Linda is the best resource in the world for stats and match administration, and I am sure I piss her off more everyday because of my work schedule; I appreciate her efforts more everyday. As for Jeff, he was a God send referred through Linda, can't thank you enough man.

That said; get ready for an amazing match! The stages will be posted about a month out, though you will probably not be able to practice them much. ;) We will probably post the round count about 2 months out so those that are shipping ammo can get the right stuff out in the needed time. This year's stages are simply amazing, we are finalizing from a list that stands at about 24 right now, and I must admit I have some GREAT stage designers on the Army team.

We are currently attempting a work around of our Red Cockaded Wood pecker problem to bring you a really long range stage, otherwise we will be at 200 yards this year, but I would not worry about distance, they will still be hard to hit. We plan to bring you a good mix of technical and run and gun with fun being the major ingredient of all the stages. There will be a surprise or ten and the bonus targets will be back. We are going for a few more props this year so as to keep things fun and different.

As with any match we are still looking for sponsors and vendors so don't be shy, send me an email at fb3gunmd@gmail.com and I will send you the form. We could also still use about 3 experienced RO's so if you want to shoot and missed getting in this is a great way to shoot and get your accommodations for free.

Lastly I would like to thank the RO's that have volunteered there time to this match. I know it seems as though I have been very hands off, it is not intentional simply due to the nature of an Army at war. But I am very appreciative of those that have donated there time and talent, and those that supported this event by giving your entry fee and time. Thanks to you all, you will not be disappointed.

MD Checklist:

Parachute check

M203 check

Life raft check

S#*^ no one has seen before CHECK

GET READY FOR SOME FUN!!!!!!!!!

I had to google an M203 ...... The M203 grenade launcher is a single-shot weapon designed for use with the M16 series rifle and fires a 40mm grenade. The M203A1 grenade launcher is a single-shot weapon designed for use with the M4 series carbine and also fires a 40mm grenade. Both have a leaf sight and quadrant site. The M203 is also being used as the delivery system for a growing array of less-than-lethal munitions.

m203grenade.gif

Wow! Now that will be exciting!

Linda is the best resource in the world for stats and match administration, and I am sure I piss her off more everyday because of my work schedule; I appreciate her efforts more everyday. As for Jeff, he was a God send referred through Linda, can't thank you enough man.

Aaron -- you don't piss me off everyday -- it usually takes about a week of no returned phone calls or emails to get me really irritated :D

So far, I have moved 8 shooters off the waiting list & into the match. Those of you still waiting, please be patient. I am certain everyone currently waiting will get into the match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[ How many shotgun slugs? anyone

? :ph34r:

Haven't heard any round counts for this years match yet, but we only needed 10 or 12 last year, if I remember correctly.

We have not posted a round count, because we have not finalized the stages yet. The AMU is looking at about 24 stages. Part of the hold-up in deciding the stage mix is a woodpecker on the endangered species list: trying to design long range rifle stages around it's nesting areas. To quote Match Director Aaron Hampton: "We are currently attempting a work around of our Red Cockaded Wood pecker problem to bring you a really long range stage, otherwise we will be at 200 yards this year."

Once the stages are selected, we will post round counts by October 1st. I will also email round counts to every shooter registered for the match. By November 1st, stages will be posted on the match website.

See everyone in December!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

• 3 weeks later...

At this time, ALL slots at the 2006 Fort Benning 3-Gun Challenge are full.

We have enough staff (and even have a staff waiting list). All sponsor slots are full. There is a waiting list for Friday, and an additional waiting list for Saturday - Sunday shooters. If my mother wanted to shoot this match, I would have to put her on a waiting list.

You can put your name on a waiting list, hoping that enough registered competitors will drop out of the match, and you will be able to shoot it. To get on a waiting list, fill out the application and mail it to Linda Chico (address is on application) and include a check for the appropriate fees. Your check is NOT sent to the bank unless you get a slot in the match, but I will not 'save places' on the waiting list based on an email or phone message.

Contact me via email at LChico@msn.com if you have questions.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to be a bit late getting this to you. We had to tweak the stages a bit.

Round Count for the Ft Benning 3 Gun Match:

Pistol = 102

Rifle = 133

Shotgun = 95 (includes 28 slugs)

These are the minimum requirements (for those folks who never miss. . . :D)

Remember that we are planning 2 & possibly 3 side matches. Never hurts to have extra ammo.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

This message was also sent to all registered shooters in the match (using the email address you provided on the application)

Linda,

Two things. First, can we shoot the side matches even if we're not in the main match? Second, how long is the waiting list as of 09 OCT 06?

Thanks,

Rich

Yes -- you can shoot side matches if you are not in the match. You will need to go to the website to get 2 forms (one lists your firearms & ammo for the gate at Ft Benning & the other is a waiver of liability form).

You bring the waiver of liability form to stats & get a card that gives you access to side matches.

For the waiting list info -- check your PM's

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico