• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stages look great !!

Mel, Trapr, bring your Mae West life jackets - I can't swim !!! :(:lol:

Ummm . . . Mikey, try not to think about the rather large 'pond' you have to fly over! :lol:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

Linda,

I am flying Delta and their brochures state they never deliberately crash in water so I am good to go !!

I witnessed Kurt and Trapr snorkelling in the Med this summer - an interesting sight and even the sharks were nervous when they realised they were now second in the food chain ! :D

We'll let you in. You being able to read the signs and drive at the same time is on you. But then...we do have MP's to assist. They're kinda trained in speaking Marine, so bear with them.

ERRAW!! (Yeah...whatever).

Rich

ETA: Miss you guys a lot Butch!

rich-git yer butt home fer thanksgiving-we're doing multigun that saturday...

mell, don't bring up SHEEP, the brits have this thing for sheep, and KURT is in wyoming in amongst them as we speak, it could be very BAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Trapr

It's not clear if you are worried about Kurt or the sheep. . .? :unsure:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Wow! First chance I've had to look at the stages. Craziness! :wacko::blink:

Better get some practice in with the scattergun and verify zeroes on the rifle (350 yards) and pistol (50 yard poppers).

Looks like fun though. Now if I can just find out where the range is on post (I only know the Airborne side of the base), I'll be alright (I know there's a map to the range). :lol:

For those that have never been to Benning, there's a good amount to do off base. For those that have never been to Benning and I'm competing against, Victory Drive is all you need to know (I'm kidding).

Rich

Now with ARea 6 behind us, it's time to narrow the focus and let the games begin at Benning, look forward to seeing you all.

We are getting quite a few questions on the rules, and as I already knew but it is becoming apparent to others, there is no one set of 3 gun rules, most of the major matches have variations of the same basic set.

Everyone please review the latest rules and understand them, it will ease my pain on match day. It is doubtful we will make any more changes prior to the match.

Hopefully we will have beautiful weather and clear sights.

See you all very soon

jeff

Everyone please review the latest rules and understand them, it will ease my pain on match day. It is doubtful we will make any more changes prior to the match.

Hopefully we will have beautiful weather and clear sights.

See you all very soon

jeff

And plenty of Tec-Loaders and trays (and replacement thumbs) for the dang shotgun stages. 36?! Holy crap. :wacko:

Rich

Just saw this stage. Don't know why I didn't download it (with the rest of them) last night. Wonder how far the target area is from the box. The sights on the rifle work pretty well and their distance adjustments are pretty on in case someone is concerned (at least the ones at Sill and here at Bragg are).

Rich

I'll conduct a PMI if you want (that's what y'all need. "How to shoot the M203 from a medic"). :lol:

On a side note, is Remington calling their Reduced Recoil slugs Managed recoil now? I've only ever shot theirs or Fiocchi Aero Slugs at matches and while the Federal Low Velocities are alright, wouldn't mind going with ol' reliable in green & gold. Any help is appreciated.

Rich

ETA: Here's some info if you're serious from ArmyStudyGuide.com

ETA2: To be a geek (and yes I did know the answer) the applicable FM is FM 3-22.31.

ETA3: Trapr, it's a Leaf sight using the frong sight post of a M16.

Edited by uscbigdawg

I'll conduct a PMI if you want (that's what y'all need. "How to shoot the M203 from a medic"). :lol:

On a side note, is Remington calling their Reduced Recoil slugs Managed recoil now? I've only ever shot theirs or Fiocchi Aero Slugs at matches and while the Federal Low Velocities are alright, wouldn't mind going with ol' reliable in green & gold. Any help is appreciated.

Rich

ETA: Here's some info if you're serious from ArmyStudyGuide.com

ETA2: To be a geek (and yes I did know the answer) the applicable FM is FM 3-22.31.

rich-remington just changed the name. we chroned both a couple years ago before vegas 3 gun nats and they were withing 10fps...

Jeff, Hamp,

Just a question on: 1.4.2 Rifles & shotguns must be cased or carried slung with the muzzle up.

Does this mean that carts (modified baby carriages with gun racks, homemade cart with verticle gun racks, garden wagons with gun racks, etc.) will not be allowed unless the gun is in a case? It might be hard to find a case for a scoped AR that will fit into a gun rack.

Not trying to be nit picky but this is a DQable rule.

Tom

Jeff, Hamp,

Just a question on: 1.4.2 Rifles & shotguns must be cased or carried slung with the muzzle up.

Does this mean that carts (modified baby carriages with gun racks, homemade cart with verticle gun racks, garden wagons with gun racks, etc.) will not be allowed unless the gun is in a case? It might be hard to find a case for a scoped AR that will fit into a gun rack.

Not trying to be nit picky but this is a DQable rule.

Tom

You will also get this information in an update I am sending out later this week to all shooters & staff (I'm sorry but my job is getting in the way again).

We decided that 'carried' means just that. If you are carrying the weapon in your arms or slung over your shoulder the muzzle MUST point up.

Any non-motorized cart is okay. All the custom or commercial conveyances you listed are okay.

Like I said, you will see this again. Pack your carts, wagons & baby carriages.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

Linda,

Any non-motorized cart is okay. All the custom or commercial conveyances you listed are okay.

Like I said, you will see this again. Pack your carts, wagons & baby carriages.

I guess I should have been more specific. My carrier has 2 motors on it (I know.... but I'm old).

3%20Gun%20Cart_edited.jpg

Tom