• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Mine is

0QO Qo0

(we have more speed cameras and red light traps here in D.C. than they do in England. Its all about the money around here).

I like this one.

I didn't see my favorite posted yet:

455252295_9157b51252.jpg

(read it in a mirror)

Edited by belus

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

STICKER SHOCK!!

Holy crap, Batman--Oregon is desperate for money! I just rec'd my license renewal forms in the mail yesterday and the vanity plate rate rose so high I won't even mention what it is! Acckkk!!! I went straight to the DMV this morning and reverted to generic plates. And even THOSE rates went up slightly... but considerably less than the "personalized" rate. The person on duty said that LOTS and LOTS of people are now surrendering their vanity plates due to the rate hike. This sneaky outrage will surely backfire on Oregon's attempt to raise money after all, I bet. Greedy bastiches. :angry2:

STICKER SHOCK!!

Holy crap, Batman--Oregon is desperate for money! I just rec'd my license renewal forms in the mail yesterday and the vanity plate rate rose so high I won't even mention what it is! Acckkk!!! I went straight to the DMV this morning and reverted to generic plates. And even THOSE rates went up slightly... but considerably less than the "personalized" rate. The person on duty said that LOTS and LOTS of people are now surrendering their vanity plates due to the rate hike. This sneaky outrage will surely backfire on Oregon's attempt to raise money after all, I bet. Greedy bastiches. :angry2:

Georgia's doing that too, even on the commemorative plates (wildlife, your school, etc). My plate was a wildlife plate with a bald eagle superimposed over the stars and stripes that I got in 2001 after September 11th. (It was only 13 days after the fact; the fires continued to burn into December!) I've had that same plate since then but now they want an extra $35 a year to keep it and I declined. The lady understood; she said 70% of people were telling the state to blow it out. If this was supposed to be a fund-raiser, it isn't working! (I could keep the old plate, though.)

Essentially I was being asked to pay an extra $41 a year with the new rates. But I, too, was allowed to keep my vanity plates for souvenirs if I wished.

Looks like Georgia's going to lose money on their greed as Oregon is. :rolleyes: