Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When The New Camera System Works

chuckbradley

http://www.shootersconnection.com/wmv/cuffed.wmv

This is from my brothers store where my other brother Mike (some of you may know him) just installed a new camera system. Its really trick. He can cut and edit then write it all to a dvd and hand it to the officer. This guy had been stealing dip many, many times. My brother Scott is the one who confronted the thief.

This is from my brothers store where my other brother Mike (some of you may know him) just installed a new camera system. Its really trick. He can cut and edit then write it all to a dvd and hand it to the officer. This guy had been stealing dip many, many times. My brother Scott is the one who confronted the thief.

Sweet justice. Gotta love it when the thief gets caught.

-Cuz.

He worked for a pop company as a merchandiser. Its not what you would consider a real good job. He will probably loose his job.

When I caught my first shoplifter in that same store about 26 years ago I let him go. I quickly hardened, we all have, and now anybody caught in any of the stores goes to jail. That store used to be my Dads until he retired. I used to have a couple myself and my brother mike has one also. Shoplifting and employee theft are one of the biggest threats to small business.

The officer here wasnt going to take him in because he didnt leave the store. Scott told him to call his supervisor. In Kentucky all you have to do is conceal the item and you are shoplifting.

I have two service stations in New Mexico and one of them was burglarized last night.

Do you mind asking your brother who makes his system. I got pretty lucky, the guy only did about 1000 dollars worth of damage. I have a closed circuit system, but I dont think it will help much. The Clarity of that video is awesome

Kevin

Disk based systems can store an amazine amount of video, particularly at low B&W resolution (though very nice quality, it's not exactly HD). If you get a high speed net connection to the store, you can even point one camera at the register and check up on the employees from home.

Nice quality video. I always enjoy the video that they show on the local "crimestoppers" segment of the news. Most cases you can't even make out the sex of the offender, let alone receogize the person but "Call if you know this person" :lol: Why do they bother?

This guy had been stealing dip many, many times.

Guess you have to watch the video first. I thought you meant he was stealing potato chip dip. :lol:

Potatoe chip dip 1.49, Tobacco dip 3.99, Cathing the thief -priceless.

Imagine what he racked up stealing cans of dip at 3.99 each. He took 2 in this tape. He offered to pay for them if scott didnt call the police. Scott said you going to pay for a 100 cans he said yes, Scott just laughed and sent him on to jail.

Gotta love that, but the part I hate is that since the tape has made it to the net he'll probably scream that his rights have been violated, his ability to get a job are hampered, and some liberal judge will give him a ton of cash, just like the stupid DEA guy shooting himself on video.

This world is really starting to suck...

Gotta love that, but the part I hate is that since the tape has made it to the net he'll probably scream that his rights have been violated, his ability to get a job are hampered, and some liberal judge will give him a ton of cash, just like the stupid DEA guy shooting himself on video.

This world is really starting to suck...

We have a video from my wife's video rental store of a creep stealing 10 adult DVDs. Her system is an old VHS tape system that only shows a few frames of motion every couple of seconds, so I didn't really get angry until I converted the stop action frames into an animated gif and saw what the jerk was doing in the Adult section before he hopped the front counter and stole the DVDs. I thought about posting the video on the internet, but didn't, exactly for the above reasons plus I didn't want him coming back angry and taking it out (excuse the pun) on Meimei. It's been several months and he hasn't returned.

Nolan

I like how your brother edited out the part where he kicks the crap out of the guy before giving him to the police ;)

Geez Dan, nobody would ever do something as barbaric as that! Come on, he got those marks on him when he fell down the steps!

I have had alot of people ask about the equipment. Sinc emy email is down today, and I dont know why, I am posting his info here

Mikes email is

mikeinsg@adelphia.net

he installs and sells

here is his webpage

vsskentucky.com

+1 on the web based systems.

Met a guy whose business was/is to set up the web based stuff . Told me about a local who owned 26 Dairy Queens. Had them all hooked up via the WWW.

The owner could go on vacation and check in on any of his DQ's.

Yep, off with the hand!