Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats The Most Rounds You Have Reloaded In One Sitting?

Hello all,

I was doing some bulk reloading last night and the thought struck me as to how many rounds people have loaded at one time. I just did 500 which wasn't really that bad. I know there are people out there that load thousands at a time :)

I started on a 550 and about a year ago moved to a 650. I find that I have to stop and tweak something or other several times in the first 1-200 rounds. Thats just because I have 11 calibers that I reload for, so its inevitable that I get rushed and forget to change something. Worst so far was leaving the large primer tube in the mag while loading small primers. It did a good enough job but just kept putting them upside down and occasionally it would lock up the primer disk. I took it off, cleaned it, adjusted the station tab, all the hard stuff but never checked to make sure it was the right tube. Stupid me. I'm surprised I didn't set off all the primers with a sideways one. Good old Winchester primers I guess.

Anyway, please post some of your marathon runs with your machines. Most I have done has only been 800, so not much.

Tom

Most ever is probably around 3K on a 1050. I start to get a little tired around 2K rounds as my bench isn't exactly the right height. Made the bench for a 650 with a strong mount. With the 1050, I have to bend down at the waist just a little to get to the bottom of the downstroke.

Edited by al503

Most 2000 but it's not uncommon for me to just kick out 500 at a time.

Some day I'm going to just sit back and load every case I have.

The same. I think I did around 2100 before I ran short of "want too" one day. Usually one box of Black Bullets at a time.

I do now have 1050s set up in what I most often shoot and just got a auto primer filler..so..I might try for a PB! :D

Edited by Merlin Orr

I did 10 thousand about a yr ago...on one day..dillon 1000... :P

Jeez, did you have carpal tunnel syndrome after that? Thats like 12hours of reloading!! Your my Hero!

I don't think I even have 10K cases to reload!

Had everything set up and ready to go...had my bud filling primer tubes for me...started at 8am and finished about 9 pm with a break for lunch...then sat back and admired all the loaded rounds and enjoyed a few serious glasses of single malt...and I did have one jam that took a bit of time...probably closer to 9k rounds...still a bunch...

2000 nine mm. on my 550.

I have found standing on the concrete (even with a rubber mat) loading for extended periods gets me down in the back. These days I limit myself to runs of 500 then sit down and run them through a case gauge.

I used to go for 1k+ of 40 each session (2-4x per month) on my 650.

Now I find it better to load 2x or 3x each week, about 300 rounds each session.

Just got the 1050, though. This should double my output in the same amount of loading time. :D

27,000 on an ammo master when I worked for a commercial reloading company.

Neal in AZ

Holy crap!

So I guess that means they do work after all... ;)

Did you run into any problems with the Ammo Master when reloading those amounts of ammo?

Neal in AZ

Holy crap!

So I guess that means they do work after all... ;)

Did you run into any problems with the Ammo Master when reloading those amounts of ammo?

We had 4 of them and they did work very well as long as they were maitained well. We had 2 x .38 machines, 1 x 9mm and 1 x 45 ACP. At the time we were loading for LAPD and they were still using revolvers so we were loading 700,000 rounds of lead free .38 spl a month. All of it was loaded on one machine that basically ran 8 hours a day for 25 days a month, the other machine was a backup. The ammo masters ran good unless you crashed them. If that happened it took 30-45 min for an experienced operator to clear it out and reset it.

On the .38 machine we had the speed turned way up so we could have a high production rate. It was easy because the long case of the .38 kept the powder from spiling. On the 9mm machine we had to worry about spillage so the speed had to be turned down. Since the speed was slower the 9mm machine ran fine and I had no problems with it even while loading the big runs. All I ahd to do was keep the powder, bullet feeder and primer tube full and keep my foot on the pedal. :D

Neal in AZ

Edited by Intel6

1,500 on my 650

Neal in AZ

Intel6,

A lot of people have been whining on this board about how long it takes to change out calibers on the Dillon 1050 or 650. :)

Perhaps you could tell us how long it takes on the Ammo Master.

Back on mute. :ph34r: