Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C more RTS3

Does anyone have one of the c more RTS3s yet and how has it held up? I’m looking to put a red dot on my Beretta 92X, and I am leaning toward the c more, I have use may c more sights , would like to try the small red dot on my Beretta!

any info,would be appreciated!

Thanks

Jeff

I have a ton of RTS2s that have lasted to north of 40K rounds on both major and minor guns. Ive also killed some RT2s in under 5K. Cmores warranty repair is very quick (Usually 1 week turn around, 2 at most). 

The V5s are much better than the previous generations. 

Edited by Maximis228

10 hours ago, Sarge said:

If you were around when the RTS2 debuted you will have learned to wait before buying a new release

@Sarge 

what the heck are you doing???

Stop, stop, stop!

We “need” a bunch of folks to run out and buy this dot RIGHT NOW, and start beating on it hard.  We only have about 6 weeks between now and the Black Friday sales and we need to know everything we can about this model by then, so the rest of us can make an informed decision about it.  

We need to be encouraging people to buy, and use this thing, not sit back like the rest of us and wait for the reports to start flowing in…

:)

39 minutes ago, ALL_comped_EVERYTHING said:

Shooters Connection has plenty in stock. I just picked up the 6 moa.  Just dropped so $600 was cheapest I’ve seen, hopefully that price settles in around $400 after the initial roll out. 

fingers crossed, waiting for favorable reviews and no major issues. 

After looking at an rts3 in person. It’s pretty much the same as an older gen romeo3 xl/max. Since it’s made by the same company, in the same factory, that’s not so surprising.  

I don’t really see anything new here.

That said, they seem to have all the bugs worked out of this design. So it’s probably as reliable as other Japan dots.

IMG_0993.jpeg

IMG_0994.jpeg

IMG_0995.jpeg

Thanks @Rich406

it looks like it sits lower than the old Romeo3 Max.  It would be great if they got the bugs worked out, looking forward to a further review once you get it mounted and out to the range. 

8 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Thanks @Rich406

it looks like it sits lower than the old Romeo3 Max.  It would be great if they got the bugs worked out, looking forward to a further review once you get it mounted and out to the range. 

It doesn’t sit lower. It uses the same base case as the romeo3. 

im not sure I’ll mess with this much, now that I’ve seen it in person. If I’m gonna use this generation of Japan dot, I’d rather use the r3 xlIMG_0997.thumb.jpeg.d4829a67e61ba557454e1ba974559a57.jpeg

2 hours ago, Rich406 said:

That said, they seem to have all the bugs worked out of this design. So it’s probably as reliable as other Japan dots.

Any issues with the refresh rate of the emitter like some of the old RTS 2's?

I’ve seen worse refresh rates, however it still has a slightly dotted line when moving. The sig for comparison is a solid line no matter how it moves. 

Edited by Rich406

2 hours ago, Rich406 said:

im not sure I’ll mess with this much, now that I’ve seen it in person. If I’m gonna use this generation of Japan dot, I’d rather use the r3 xlIMG_0997.thumb.jpeg.d4829a67e61ba557454e1ba974559a57.jpeg

Thanks, I appreciate the comments and especially the comparison pics. 

8 hours ago, Chillywig said:

I find the thought of a 30 year warranty interesting on a red dot. 

And without any restriction on electronics. It’s at the top of my list, pending reviews. 

On 10/15/2024 at 6:28 PM, Rich406 said:

Hmm, these seem like two of the better pistol optics out there. What would you consider instead of them?  I have a couple of Romeo3 Max optics and like them a lot, just not too crazy about the P320Max pistols they came with. I tend to prefer the taller window shape on the RTS3 than the wider R3 XL, but I’m leaning towards the RTS3 mostly for the 9moa dot size. 

Why do you prefer the R3 XL?

Sorry to pester you with so many questions, but it’s a new, and expensive optic, and you are one of the few who happen to have one in hand…

quick review...

nice package-nice add of the lens pen.  includes a real nice adjustment tool as well.  cover is much more pliable than the hard plastic of the rts2.  couple first impressions.  the adjustment buttons are a huge improvement.  rts2 buttons are squishy and you never knew which level you were on.  this one has real easy clicks for each setting, no question you are actually adjusting the levels.  the battery tray is seriously bulletproof.  there are two fully captured screws on the tray that require some serious attention,  documentation has a whole 1/2 page on how to remove and install the tray.  it is designed to hold up, period.  oh yeah, did I mention there is no locking screw for adjustments?  just the two elevation and windage screws!  off to the range, zeroed at my normal distance of 20 yds, then shot a group at 40 yds for drop dope.  shot 200 rounds then checked zero and 40 yd groups.  life is good-no movement.  

so, first impressions are good.  I like the huge window, just hope it doesn't make me lose target focus.  seems built like a tank, time will tell.  price may turn some off, but 30 yr warranty made this an easy choice for me. YMMV.