Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Yesterday I came in 1st out of 217 PCC shooters for a knockdown money match

I was surprised someone beat Franco!  Man that’s fast.  You got a decent payday coming!

My PCC stovepiped on 4 stages, but it was just for fun (or not much fun).  I was happy with my open guns.

Posted (edited)

Franco is such a good dude. My first 3 gun match he was giving me all sorts of great advice. Then he smoked me at Blue Ridge and I’m finally getting competitive with him now. We chatted after the match on how to tackle the stages and small nuances to improve our efforts. Rich is a really solid guy and I’m lucky he is willing to chat with me and give me advice!

sorry about the PCC stovepiping that is a frustrating situation :(

Edited by 42ATK

I should’ve have just taken my iron sight revo and counted to 6 with an 8 round gun, would have got some $, but it’s work with irons.  I don’t travel 8hrs to work.

Are you going to try the falling steel World Series at Cardinal next month?  It might be worth your time.  I’ve got that long to fix my issues.  It’s probably a combo of loose grip, slippery shirt and underpowered (?) ammo. I am a pistol shooter foremost, but it’s fun to rail on targets!!!  I'll ask Dave O. what his thoughts are.

on stage 2 I tried twice to shoot it your way but got burned, that was some crazy focus you had.

we were at blue ridge last year too.  We took 6 guns with us. 

I’m debating doing the world shoot - what are the prizes there? Is it cash or something else? Haha it’s a bit of a hike for me. Shooting with irons is generally a ton of work! I feel your pain there. Stovepipes on PCC can also be overpowered ammo just launching stuff, so I’d take a slow motion video or pay attention to the ejection pattern of your rifle. David probably knows better though!

the nice thing was just staying consistent… with that many targets you have to create patterns. I’d make a few small changes if I shot the stages again though 

Never done the Falling steel worlds, steel is  just a lot of fun and if the PCC won’t cooperate I’ll just shoot open and locap open.

i was having issues keeping the rifle tight, the aftermarket buttstock is plastic and not at all grippy.  I might add a forward  pistol grip too.  
Though it did behave at blue ridge but to be honest I was using some 9mm legion ammo I had in the safe this time.  But I tested it at home first and all was good…. until the match 🫤

13 hours ago, 42ATK said:

YouTube Link

I was pretty stoked!!!

wow, very cool, nice job. 
How far away were the plates?  They looked farther than we normally shoot up my way. 

What make/model PCC were you shooting?

Sick runs man! Great job. The PCC division is so tight and the 2+ seconds you won by is a great margin.

I did three runs. I came in 6th in stock auto, and 7th in open auto. I just mess around in PCC but I always enjoy watching the top shooters. I built out a Brekke upper and only got the handguard a week before the match after backordering in early February. My new setup is having magazine extension / follower drag issues that I wasn't able to fix before the match and it ended up killing me on one stage.

I know it is the Indian and not the Bow, but I'd like to know what rifle and optic you were using, and magazine.  By the way Congrats it was impressive.

And hardware:
Angstad Arms 0940 Receiver Set for GLOCK®upper/lower

Handguard, muzzle break, buffer spacer, and Sprinco orange AR10 buffer spring here: Home - Brekke Custom LLC (Home - Brekke Custom LLC)

10.5" barrel: JP Enterprises Supermatch 9mm Threaded Barrel Up to $14.00 Off w/ Free S&H — 6 models (I use a rainier arms mod 2 10.5" barrel but this seems good too from what my buddy said and it's cheaper)

BCG: JP Enterprises EnhancedBolt 9mm AR Bolt Carrier Group (BCG) Up to $13.65 Off and Coupon Available w/ Free Shipping — 2 models - the stainless version

Buffer: Kynshot 5020SS Buffer

Stock: MFT Battlelink Stock

Trigger: Hiperfire Eclipse with the green springs (included)

Grip: Ergo grip

Handguard Grip: Ergo handguard grips

507Comp-GR and LaRue lower 1/3rd cowitness QD RMR riser

Radian raptor ambi charging handle

Mil spec safety (hiperfire trigger inconsistent works with radian safeties)

Techwell Magwell

On 5/8/2024 at 3:57 PM, 42ATK said:

And hardware:
Angstad Arms 0940 Receiver Set for GLOCK®upper/lower

Handguard, muzzle break, buffer spacer, and Sprinco orange AR10 buffer spring here: Home - Brekke Custom LLC (Home - Brekke Custom LLC)

10.5" barrel: JP Enterprises Supermatch 9mm Threaded Barrel Up to $14.00 Off w/ Free S&H — 6 models (I use a rainier arms mod 2 10.5" barrel but this seems good too from what my buddy said and it's cheaper)

BCG: JP Enterprises EnhancedBolt 9mm AR Bolt Carrier Group (BCG) Up to $13.65 Off and Coupon Available w/ Free Shipping — 2 models - the stainless version

Buffer: Kynshot 5020SS Buffer

Stock: MFT Battlelink Stock

Trigger: Hiperfire Eclipse with the green springs (included)

Grip: Ergo grip

Handguard Grip: Ergo handguard grips

507Comp-GR and LaRue lower 1/3rd cowitness QD RMR riser

Radian raptor ambi charging handle

Mil spec safety (hiperfire trigger inconsistent works with radian safeties)

Techwell Magwell

I'm bored and wanna build a PCC, might cherry pick from this. lol