Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who's stoked about the new Tisas Night Stalker 2011?

notanoperator993

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like a rebranded Girsan 2311.  They're decent base guns, but will need work to be really shootable.  Moving the decimal place one digit over on the trigger pull would be nice.  All the Girsans I've handed have >3.5 kg SA triggers.

I just bought a Tisas 10mm Yukon commander (bobtail cut).   Ordered up some Wilson mags, will be interesting to see if it actually performs.  Fully prepared to have some teething issues.   I was going to build my own from Fusion parts, but decided to sorta try before you buy to see if it's what I'm truly after.   I may build an aluminum lower just to see how it holds up.  Will be a fun project.  

They need to knock it off with the Girsan 2311 format uber-long serial number or FFLs will get grumpy.  This one already is from booking them in.

On 1/2/2024 at 3:03 PM, notanoperator993 said:

Confirmation by Tisas is it'll be released at Shot show this year. Sub 1000 msrp. Found sku's at some retailers (out of stock obviously) that are showing sub $800 street. Carbon steel frame and steel slide. No mim. 

I hope they have a booth at shot show.  I'll be there to check it out if so.

Based on Girsan 2311 experience (I suspect the same factory makes both based on the pictures), magwells will be easier to fit than the Prodigy, but the trigger will be much worse.  It'll also be a bushing barrel instead of bull.  What optic plate they cut the slide for could be important.

I am looking forward to seeing the hands on reports.  I just picked up 2 of the Military Armament Corp, SDS company shotguns. Copies of the Benelli M2's.  They are amazing for the money. Really looking forward to it.

On 1/8/2024 at 9:48 AM, shred said:

Based on Girsan 2311 experience (I suspect the same factory makes both based on the pictures), magwells will be easier to fit than the Prodigy, but the trigger will be much worse.  It'll also be a bushing barrel instead of bull.  What optic plate they cut the slide for could be important.

EGW makes a magwell for the Prodigy that needs no fitting.

On 1/10/2024 at 8:26 PM, shred said:

Stacatto magwells fit the Girsan.  I'd expect them to fit the Tisas as well since they look to be made by the same Turkish OEM.

I have a Girsan 2311, and like the one you tested the trigger was unusable. I fit an MPA aluminum grip and dropped in EGW parts, and it’s now a functional basic 2011-like gun. I do not believe the Tisas is made by the same company — the frame for the Tisas 2011-a-like is steel, and the small parts are different. The cast Girsan parts seemed particularly brittle, and the frame rapidly wore from the replacement steel safeties I fit. I expect the Girsan will not hold up. I have marginally higher expectations for the Tisas.

I've had my hands on 3 Girsans and they all had that same super-heavy trigger.  But, dropping a new sear spring in one of them made a night and day difference.  I'm basing my guess based on the same long-ass serial number format on the Girsans and Tisas pictures and they're both bushing barrels and from Turkey, but its possible they're different OEMs.

28 minutes ago, notanoperator993 said:

Get the feeling shred doesn't like Turkish guns huh...

He probably isn't up to speed on Turkish manufacturing capabilities.  Lots is changing there quickly.

Nah, Turkish guns can be fine.  Just the trigger and serial number on all 3 Girsans I've messed with have sucked.

Changing the sear spring fixes the trigger.  The serial number is just annoying to FFLs.  The rest of the gun is decent for the price.

But, based on what I know about 2011 manufacturers and manufacturing here and abroad, I'd be somewhat surprised if there were two completely independent manufacturers thereof in the area.   The factories may have different names and they may say they make everything in house, but that is rarely the case.  YMMV.