Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who's stoked about the new Tisas Night Stalker 2011?

notanoperator993

15 minutes ago, shred said:

....pester Dawson....

Dawson is selling sights for the Girsan and Springfield Hi-Power copies. It probably isn't too much of a stretch to see some Tisas front sight options.  I'm assuming the Tisas and MAC share the same front sight dove tail. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, shred said:

Dawson added the Tisas Night Stalker and MAC to their reference collection.

Here's what Dawson sent me when I asked about suppressor height sights for the MAC:

No sorry, we will not offer sights for that setup or this model.

Thank you for contacting us.

3 hours ago, Tokarev said:

Here's what Dawson sent me when I asked about suppressor height sights for the MAC:

No sorry, we will not offer sights for that setup or this model.

Thank you for contacting us.

With the MAC optics plate using a Glock cut rear sight plate, wouldn't it be ordering a Glock rear and a 1911/2011 front of the appropriate height?

Depends on the dovetail up front but that would likely do it.  Dawson's only had the guns less than a week so maybe premature to claim they won't be making them unless there's a technical reason not to.

On 2/26/2024 at 11:02 AM, shred said:

Depends on the dovetail up front but that would likely do it.  Dawson's only had the guns less than a week so maybe premature to claim they won't be making them unless there's a technical reason not to.

On 2/26/2024 at 10:47 AM, mreed911 said:

With the MAC optics plate using a Glock cut rear sight plate, wouldn't it be ordering a Glock rear and a 1911/2011 front of the appropriate height?

Has anyone confirmed yet that the rear sight on the RMR plate is actually a Glock dove tail cut?

On 2/28/2024 at 1:01 PM, mreed911 said:

MAC has.

Nice. 

Has anyone been able to confirm other than MAC? These are the guys who said the gun used an aluminum frame (later confirmed to be steel) and that the RMR plate had sights tall enough to work with most RMR pattern optics.

The MAC looks super interesting, especially given the “get in” price. Will be interesting to see how well they hold up over time. Certainly one to watch! 

On 3/10/2024 at 12:01 AM, glazer1972 said:

I got the 5” Tisas Duty.... for 7 bills it’s impressive. 

How's the general barrel fit? On my Girsan the barrel bushing was pretty much just there to keep the recoil spring plug in place. 

1 hour ago, donnyglock said:

I’m sure he means in the barrel lock up. 

He specifically asked: the barrel bushing was pretty much just there to keep the recoil spring plug in place

2 hours ago, mreed911 said:

He specifically asked: the barrel bushing was pretty much just there to keep the recoil spring plug in place

Technically he asked about "general barrel fit".  Then followed up with the statement you quoted about the bushing in a girsan. 

My particular Girsan's bushing is sloppy in terms of fit to the slide and fit to the barrel. The bushing itself can be moved around inside the slide. The barrel can also be wiggled around inside the bushing when the slide is in battery. 

The pistol has been reliable through about 1,300 rounds but is probably about a 3.5 or 4" gun at 25 yards. 

Bushings aren't particularly difficult to fit however the Girsan part is a bit unique. It appears to be shorter than a commander length and will take some shortening to fit. 

Note that the 4.25" Girsan is government model in stroke but is actually commander in length. To accomplish this Girsan simply took a 5" slide and cut it off three quarters of an inch. As a result there won't really be any OEM style parts available. A replacement barrel would need to be a 5" with the correct government lower lugs but then chopped at the muzzle, etc. 

Something I found on my MAC is that the height of the lobe that keeps the slide stop from coming out is off.  The lobe is about .243" tall while other slide stops I have measure .01-.015 taller.  

This means the slide stop can be pushed out of the gun whatever position the slide is in.  

• 2 weeks later...

So does anyone have a range report on the Tisas DS's? Accuracy at distance as well as reliability? I think I'm going to get a few for inventory and plan to put one through it's paces myself. I may have missed this but it seems the conversation moved towards Girsan.

9 hours ago, Jmob50 said:

So does anyone have a range report on the Tisas DS's? Accuracy at distance as well as reliability? I think I'm going to get a few for inventory and plan to put one through it's paces myself. I may have missed this but it seems the conversation moved towards Girsan.

https://youtu.be/8s1TVS1-JEs?si=EvjCPiwF0LpPb7ly