Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Item for MBF

I do like the idea of the threaded adjustments.  It feels like when I move the bullet adjustment plate, it moves more than I want it to.  It might be a winner with the ability to have fine adjustments.

I have started to try to measure the position and depth of that plate for various calibers/ bullet profile, and keeping a record for quick reference to set up the plate when I switch back to that caliber/ bullet profile.  This way I am not trying to figure it out every time. 

21 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

I do like the idea of the threaded adjustments.  It feels like when I move the bullet adjustment plate, it moves more than I want it to.  It might be a winner with the ability to have fine adjustments.

I have started to try to measure the position and depth of that plate for various calibers/ bullet profile, and keeping a record for quick reference to set up the plate when I switch back to that caliber/ bullet profile.  This way I am not trying to figure it out every time. 

With my current setup, I'm definitely looking for that very fine adjustment that's just not there with the shims.

Ordering one this weekend to see how it does.

;)

8 hours ago, slavex said:

interesting that it will work with the Pro models too as the DAA one apparently doesn't. 

Even though BSPS states this in the description:

RPG2 CNC Bullet Adjustment for DAA Bullet Feeders

• This allows you to make tooless micro adjustments on the Standard and Pro Model DAA Bullet Feeders.
  • No more screwdrivers for set screws or guessing what size thickness pads to use.

After discussing with Eric, he stated the Pro version is going to be released in a few weeks.......

https://rangepanda.com/collections/dillon-1050/products/rpg2-cnc-bullet-feeder-adjustment

👍

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

4 minutes ago, teros135 said:

And will either of the RP versions work with the MBF that has the mounting "pucks"?  (The plastic DAA one doesn't, as the mounting rod interferes.)

That's a good question............probably best to ask Eric himself.............

https://rangepanda.com/pages/contact

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

Note that they dont drop right in older Mr bulletfeeders. You have to cut off a little from 1 side of that spot its not much and took about 15 seconds. It also doesnt fit with original mounting system I had to cut off 1/2 of one of the rods. again 15 seconds.

The DAA seemed to work out great I havent done a swap with it yet though

On 4/1/2023 at 1:35 PM, midatlantic said:

Double alpha has a plastic creation that requires an Allen wrench. It works great but only  a little cheaper than the metal version. Doing it again and probably get the metal.

What I like about DAA is that you can buy one for each caliber set up and ready to go. Guess could do same with other just cost more.

Edited by dtuns

1 hour ago, m700 said:

Note that they dont drop right in older Mr bulletfeeders. You have to cut off a little from 1 side of that spot its not much and took about 15 seconds. It also doesnt fit with original mounting system I had to cut off 1/2 of one of the rods. again 15 seconds.

Per DAA, modifications are needed for older MBFs built prior to 2018..............

Please note:

This Pre-Set Nose-Guide is a drop on fit to all the Mr.BF units produced from 2018 and later (the units which have the hanger that clamps onto the motor gear box). Earlier models – the ones which had the round aluminum rods and round Delrin puck hangers – will require some DIY fitting. You can still use this new part – but you will need to slightly widen the slot for the Nose-Guide in your Collator base before use, and modify the shape of the magnet holder piece to fit next to the round mounting rod on the base plate.

Watch the tutorial video for installation instructions.

Ya but who reads all that :)  I didnt realize it until i got it in the mail

1 hour ago, HOGRIDER said:

Per DAA, modifications are needed for older MBFs built prior to 2018..............

On 4/11/2023 at 11:33 AM, m700 said:

As everyone can see, I have an older MBF that still uses the "round rod" mounting systems.  Have previously been using the nose guide spacers from this kit:

https://benstoegerproshop.com/mr-bulletfeeder-optimization-kit-by-primer-catchers/

These spacers worked pretty good; but while still using the spacer set for the collator nose guide, I did have times when I  needed just a tad thicker or thinner spacer than the set offered to be 100% trouble free with certain bullets.

Just installed the RPG2 bullet guide; and it dropped in place perfectly.  A few adjustments of the Side Adjustment along with the Shim Height Adjustment, and it's dropping 124g PD JHPs perfectly!  I feel confident, after running enough bullets for a thorough test, this add-on will be fully operational and trouble free.  And I definitely like the "fine tuning" ability of the adjustments/set screws vs the older shim spacer setup!

Highly recommended!

👍

RPG2 Setup.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 8:59 PM, Johnnymazz said:

I have the pro model and the mini. The pro is way easier to adjust well worth the extra coin. Even my 115 grain 9mm bullets feed flawless.

Johnny - What was the cost of the Pro model?  It is currently out of stock and I am waiting for Eric Range Panda) to respond to my email as to when the Pro model will be back in stock.

Thanks

Mark

On 5/3/2023 at 12:19 PM, Sigarmsp226 said:

Johnny - What was the cost of the Pro model?  It is currently out of stock and I am waiting for Eric Range Panda) to respond to my email as to when the Pro model will be back in stock.

Thanks

Mark

$1,099.95 it in stock as of today. It can hold at least 400 9mm bullets in 115 grain NP