Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

92X Performance, not performing?

WildPete

1 hour ago, ColoradoNick said:

Do you follow Ben Stoeger on Instagram? Lol.... if not you should check out his recent update. 

Yeah. Andreas has struggled with those guns for the better part of a year. This issues with them have been comical. 

10 hours ago, ColoradoNick said:

Do you follow Ben Stoeger on Instagram? Lol.... if not you should check out his recent update. 

That's why I was asking. Just recently I bought a 92x Performance Ghost Hydra + holster from Lynda Turnbull and asked if she was still shooting for Beretta. She didn't respond to that question. I know she was having extractor issues in one of her first matches with the 92X.

2 hours ago, WildPete said:

That's why I was asking. Just recently I bought a 92x Performance Ghost Hydra + holster from Lynda Turnbull and asked if she was still shooting for Beretta. She didn't respond to that question. I know she was having extractor issues in one of her first matches with the 92X.

She appears to have switched to a Taran tactified Glock 34

I have an LTT 92 Centurion with over 20K rounds through it - all factory. I replaced the original barrel with a cut and crowned factory stainless barrel because the original one was starting to keyhole with certain types of ammo. 
Less than 5K rounds later the new barrel suffered a catastrophic locking block failure resulting in some frame damage. Recoil springs were always replaced on the pistol. Shot mostly 135PF loads. Even had a Shok-buff installed.

Given that this involves Beretta CS, a modified factory barrel, and running reloads, I'm not even going to bother trying to warranty anything.

I still have and shoot a couple other LTT 92s. Probably going to just shoot them to failure and move on afterwards. Which is a little disappointing, because I do like how they shoot.

IMG_1275.thumb.jpeg.485aaaff6f7b18749b06941b604b4201.jpeg

Edited by sk8242

On 3/31/2023 at 3:53 PM, sk8242 said:

I have an LTT 92 Centurion with over 20K rounds through it - all factory. I replaced the original barrel with a cut and crowned factory stainless barrel because the original one was starting to keyhole with certain types of ammo. 
Less than 5K rounds later the new barrel suffered a catastrophic locking block failure resulting in some frame damage. Recoil springs were always replaced on the pistol. Shot mostly 135PF loads. Even had a Shok-buff installed.

Given that this involves Beretta CS, a modified factory barrel, and running reloads, I'm not even going to bother trying to warranty anything.

I still have and shoot a couple other LTT 92s. Probably going to just shoot them to failure and move on afterwards. Which is a little disappointing, because I do like how they shoot.

IMG_1275.thumb.jpeg.485aaaff6f7b18749b06941b604b4201.jpeg

I think that happened to E. Langdon to.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget that the guy who broke 2 92X Perfs was running 9# recoil springs. OTOH I have been shooting my 92X Defensive for about 9 months. Two idpa matches and at least one practice session each month. Stock recoil but 10# hammer spring.  Replaced the extractor w/ Wilson extra power version at maybe 5 months. Just replaced it again and added a .010" shim. It sure was difficult to get that extractor pin installed and I was concerned the casing would have a hard time slipping under the hook of the extractor. So I hand cycled maybe 15 shells through it. Some I moved the slide forward very slowly. No problem at all getting the shell in position. Just maybe 200 rnds so far but working fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a buddy here in Australia that is a Berretta Australia sponsored IPSC shooter who has had nothing but trouble with the 92X and its ancillaries like optic plates, firing pins and springs and the like.

He has reverted to the APX OR for his comp gun. 

1 hour ago, OSP737 said:

Well, I was thinking about giving this gun a try for IDPA, but I don't need to buy problems, it's off the list!

To be clear,my gun has been problem free,zero issues. Just not liking the way it feels in the hand.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/13/2023 at 2:53 AM, Derpinpanda said:

So there hasn't been a single change in production to solve the issues since release?! I really wanted one so bad and was hoping that the issues would get solve in future batches.

Just don't shoot 20,000 rounds with a 9 pound recoil spring (and probably an 11 pound hammer spring) and the gun will be fine.  

On 7/17/2023 at 1:30 PM, Stony Lane said:

Just don't shoot 20,000 rounds with a 9 pound recoil spring (and probably an 11 pound hammer spring) and the gun will be fine.  

Interesting... But is that really enough to crack the barrel in that specific spot (along the serial numbers that everyone has shared)