Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

92X Performance, not performing?

WildPete

Quote from JJ Racaza (picture with 4 92x Performance guns):

"Can you guess which gun now has over 35k rounds and around 4 years old?
I may finally have to respring some of these guns. I’ve left them basically stock from factory. People ask me all the time what my recoil spring or hammer spring I use. Whatever factory set up is! Honestly, I don’t really know."

On 7/21/2023 at 11:14 AM, Derpinpanda said:

Interesting... But is that really enough to crack the barrel in that specific spot (along the serial numbers that everyone has shared)

Apparently, yes. I tried a 9# recoil spring in a standard 92. It's ridiculously light. The gun shot 'flat' but felt like it was being battered. I would never want to use one in an all steel gun.

Edited by cyberiad

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2023 at 1:25 PM, cyberiad said:

Apparently, yes. I tried a 9# recoil spring in a standard 92. It's ridiculously light. The gun shot 'flat' but felt like it was being battered. I would never want to use one in an all steel gun.

Thanks for the info! I don't really mess around with springs because I just don't know enough about how to fine tune everything to make it work. As long as it sets off the factory ammo I buy with and the trigger isn't a hot mess I'm typically happy

• 3 months later...

After I got mine and it went back to Beretta TWICE. The slide would not come off. The second trip worked. They trimmed the frame inside where the bbl ramp was rubbing.

I ditched the 9mm slide and had a .40 caliber DAO Brigadier slide milled for the left side safety paddle and had a .357 Sig barrel made for it and had a stainless .40 barrel in my parts box.

The 9mm slide has not been on it since then.

Edited by gnappi

• 3 months later...

I have 2 of the 92X Defensive pistols that I use in IDPA and USPSA.  I am very happy with the pistols, but did up putting a small shim under the extractor spring.  I used a 2mm flat washer that fit perfect.    Both my slides are difficult to remove, but work butter smooth during normal operation.  

I have had no issues at all since putting the shim under the extractor spring.  

2 hours ago, Dacsoft said:

I have 2 of the 92X Defensive pistols that I use in IDPA and USPSA.  I am very happy with the pistols, but did up putting a small shim under the extractor spring.  I used a 2mm flat washer that fit perfect.    Both my slides are difficult to remove, but work butter smooth during normal operation.  

I have had no issues at all since putting the shim under the extractor spring.  

You have a link to the washer?

This gun seems to have a lot problems between barrels, fitment, qc, extraction issues developing, is it worth it at this point to consider buying one to replace a LTT 92g for USPSA CO? Always been curious how the additional weight performs 

We used to run 92s at work, and it was constant breakage with them. Ton of locking blocks cracked / split. I feel like the model is solid and shoot greats, but enough rounds through them the 92s just implodes on themselves. 

Keep the locking block properly lubricated and change the recoil spring at proper intervals and there won't be a problem.  I've shot hundreds of thousands of rounds through Berettas and have never (knocks on wood) broken a locking block.  I've worn out an aluminum frame (chunks cracked off). 

On 3/5/2024 at 9:30 AM, FuzzyGreenHat said:

We used to run 92s at work, and it was constant breakage with them. Ton of locking blocks cracked / split. I feel like the model is solid and shoot greats, but enough rounds through them the 92s just implodes on themselves. 

Gen 3 locking blocks last somewhere around 20k, changing recoil spring every 5k will basically get you there, I am not really concerned with my 92 LTT, already have north of 20k on it.