Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Optic classification ?

Chillywig

Registered a week or so ago in practiscore for local match in limited optics and shot my first LO match today. The classifier was 22-06 blue don't care. Shot a pretty good run - hit factor was 10.17. But there's no LO division in my classification record. So do classifiers not count while its a provisional division? 

4 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

Registered a week or so ago in practiscore for local match in limited optics and shot my first LO match today. The classifier was 22-06 blue don't care. Shot a pretty good run - hit factor was 10.17. But there's no LO division in my classification record. So do classifiers not count while its a provisional division? 

It’s not provisional until May 1st. Should not have been available in match yet

28 minutes ago, Kwontanamo said:

it'll be provisional for a year correct?

Depends on the board.   After one year of provisional status they will review numbers and other data and make a decision on making it permanent, doing away with it completely or giving it another year or provisional status and then review it again 

Some clubs are running LO already. The one I'm shooting this weekend is one of them.

I don't really see the issue, your gear is still legal to use. Your classifier doesn't count. What does making me sign up as Open minor one more time really accomplish?

17 hours ago, SufferInSilence said:

Not sure why.  It would make more sense to use Limited.   

Why ? its all minor isnt it ? Would make more sense to use carry optics because its exactly the same thing other than some peoples feelings.

DOesnt seem like making sense has been high on priority list for USPSA for quite some time.

Considering they made changes to Revo, screwed up the HHF and made people GM's, then added PCC with to low HHF and made lots of GM's. Then CO had to low HHF creating more GM's.

Starting with to high of a HHF and not just manufacturing more GM's seems like a better move. 

Having them initially set off of Open does actually make the most sense.

Since to factor one you're going to have to shoot all alphas anyway more than likely, minor ends up not being a factor. And since many classifiers have multiple draws and reloads, there is a chance that the magwell and race holster would give an advantage on things like classifiers over carry-ops. And we've already seen across matches that a DOT on a carry-op's gun, tends to beat major in a limited gun, so you end up at open for initial classification. 

Or at least that's one way to look at it

Edited by RJH

6 hours ago, Joe4d said:

Why ? its all minor isnt it ? Would make more sense to use carry optics because its exactly the same thing other than some peoples feelings.

DOesnt seem like making sense has been high on priority list for USPSA for quite some time.

Love it! 😂 

5 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

Considering they made changes to Revo, screwed up the HHF and made people GM's, then added PCC with to low HHF and made lots of GM's. Then CO had to low HHF creating more GM's.

Starting with to high of a HHF and not just manufacturing more GM's seems like a better move. 

But I wanna explain to girls on tinder dates what a GM is… 

For my first LO match I just put the magwell back on my X5. And got a DAA Flex holster - which made all my other race holsters feel sad... 

I can see where having a 2011 with tuned ammo and spring we could get a gun that would shoot close to a open gun. Just gotta hit them A's fast. 🧐 😀

Edited by Chillywig

Well we are on HHF for things, 22-06 is criminally low, as are most speed shoots where the HHF is set at a nationals. The fastest time in any handgun division was 2.43 at open nationals. Since it’s been live, I’ve seen low 2s across pistol divisions, including production. 22-06 is going to race to the top of broken classifier charts with its buddy 9-09. With that in mind, we should set LO HHF off Revo to drive participation in the division. 

On 3/26/2023 at 9:56 PM, SufferInSilence said:

Not sure why.  It would make more sense to use Limited.   

Limited doesn't have optics.   You can put lipstick on a pig, but you are shooting an open gun 

16 hours ago, Sestock said:

Limited doesn't have optics.   You can put lipstick on a pig, but you are shooting an open gun 

pretty much, unless the stage has 32 rounds, or has someone come up with a 31 round 170mm mag that works ?