Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok day dreaming here...Lmt optics money is not an option whose building your new ghat?

Dfehr401

I have been looking to get a new 3 gun open build/ lmt optics since i sold all my 2011's.  Getting the bug to get a new build bored of the 320 & shadow 2 triggers lol.  So if money was no option what would you get.  Keep in mind Im day dreaming here.  Post pics if you have them.  This is a fun thread no bashing the new div.  

Built this as a range toy before LO was announced.  Still haven't decided if I'm going to shoot LO this year, or stick with Limited.  If I go to LO, I'll probably build something similar with a 5" barrel and SRO.

IMG_3950 2.jpg

On 3/19/2023 at 1:26 AM, ltdmstr said:

Built this as a range toy before LO was announced.  Still haven't decided if I'm going to shoot LO this year, or stick with Limited.  If I go to LO, I'll probably build something similar with a 5" barrel and SRO.

IMG_3950 2.jpg

I think Im going to do this with the 4 1/4.  I love tinkering so I might have to pick one up.  Grip looks killer!

27 minutes ago, Dfehr401 said:

Trying to find someone to do trigger now.  

If your looking to get a trigger for a 320, TSA constructs one as close to a 1911 "feel" as I ever experienced in a striker fired pistol!

https://www.thesigarmorer.com/product/the-sig-armorer-p320-competition-level-kit-with-cradle-trigger/

2 hours ago, Dfehr401 said:

I think Im going to do this with the 4 1/4.  I love tinkering so I might have to pick one up.  Grip looks killer!

Thanks.  Grip is bare titanium (old style Phoenix Trinity) and the rest is black nitride by H&M.  With the short barrel and light grip, the gun is really light.  It handles great, and with minor pf, recoil is a non-issue.

1 hour ago, OpenshooterMclass4lyfe said:

If money was no factor I’d get a limcat wildcat tracker.   But spending that much money even if it wasn’t a factor seems dumb to me for a provisional division. I’d rather  just buy another open gun. 

I just saw one if those on limcats site those things look badass.  Id be down for that or a venom.

On 3/19/2023 at 9:19 AM, HOGRIDER said:

Same here!!!

IMO, great bang for the buck!

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-ds9-limited-optic-comp-loc/

👍

I was able to demo this model this weekend. I was just standing still shooting at targets and steel from maybe 12 yards. Shot it fast and hit A zone and steel every time. I have little to no experience with 1911 and 2011 platforms and felt like the pistol was made for me. 

13 minutes ago, Stafford said:

I was able to demo this model this weekend. I was just standing still shooting at targets and steel from maybe 12 yards. Shot it fast and hit A zone and steel every time. I have little to no experience with 1911 and 2011 platforms and felt like the pistol was made for me. 

👍👍

MPA SCS.jpg

Edited by HOGRIDER
update

On 3/27/2023 at 3:31 PM, Stafford said:

I was able to demo this model this weekend.

Holy PRICE jump.  Almost a grand already. I was looking at their DS9 line at the beginning of the year and they cost was $2,999.  It looks like MPA designed an "IDPA" version and a "USPSA" version.   Not sure I understand the mark up on the "LO" version of the pistol?

Curious if they are worth that price point.  I guess time will tell.  

30 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Holy PRICE jump.  Almost a grand already. I was looking at their DS9 line at the beginning of the year and they cost was $2,999.  It looks like MPA designed an "IDPA" version and a "USPSA" version.   Not sure I understand the mark up on the "LO" version of the pistol?

Curious if they are worth that price point.  I guess time will tell.  

I'll let you know in about 4-5 weeks...........

;)