Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok day dreaming here...Lmt optics money is not an option whose building your new ghat?

Dfehr401

On 3/18/2023 at 11:26 PM, ltdmstr said:

If I go to LO, I'll probably build something similar with a 5" barrel and SRO.

I think you may want to revisit the 5" option.  I think Atlas is onto something when they built their Flagship 9mm guns with 4.6" barrels.  I also feel that my AXG Pro with Sig's 4.7" barrel shoots much better, than any of my 5" 9 mm guns.

Something to flesh out before starting the build possibly?

I love what you did with that Prodigy.  Kind of makes me want to buy one to learn on how to work on 1911/2011 Double stacks.

Edited by Boomstick303

24 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

I think you may want to revisit the 5" option.  I think Atlas is onto something when they built their Flagship 9mm guns with 4.6" barrels.  I also feel that my AXG Pro with Sig's 4.7" barrel shoots much better, than any of my 5" 9 mm guns.

I love what you did with that Prodigy.  Kind of makes me want to buy one to learn on how to work on 1911/2011 Double stacks.

Thanks, appreciate that.  I'm not opposed to going shorter than 5" barrel.  But, I built a 5" 2011 in 9mm with a bushing barrel probably 10 years ago and it shoots and runs fantastic.  In fact, it's the best shooting 2011 I've ever had, including my own builds and several by SV.  I don't think the added barrel length or weight really helps or hurts.  But the gun does balance and handle well.  And shoots like a .22 with 135pf loads.  I think if you built one on an XWF frame or something big and heavy like that, all the extra weight would really be a detriment.  Even a bull barrel 5" might be a bit much.  But, there are lots of ways to get a good result.  And I bet we'll see a lot of variations in slide/barrel configurations once this takes off.

IMG_0180.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 11:08 PM, Boomstick303 said:

I agree with the 4.6 cycles faster and returns dot on target faster.  I would go venom or mclearn tho.  Atlas prices are a lil for the quality.  To many fb peeps complaining about dumb stuff.

On 3/31/2023 at 9:44 PM, ltdmstr said:

And I bet we'll see a lot of variations in slide/barrel configurations once this takes off.

I couldn't agree more.  It will be an interesting division to observe and shoot.  I think you will see some shoot minor 40 in there as well.  

On 4/22/2023 at 11:04 PM, Bakerjd said:

My D2C LO gun is awesome. I'd go with them or Venom. 

Pics?  How is the glock sight plate holding up?  That is the only thing stopping me.  I saw a vudoo priest love how low the optic is mounted but dont know much about them.

On 4/26/2023 at 1:56 AM, Dfehr401 said:

Pics?  How is the glock sight plate holding up?  That is the only thing stopping me.  I saw a vudoo priest love how low the optic is mounted but dont know much about them.

Sight plate is good to go. 

FB_IMG_1676065890816.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 4/26/2023 at 10:42 AM, Maximis228 said:

Just sent parts over to Don at venom to build me a fat pig of a LO gun. Cheely XWF, SV SS Grip and a hybrid 5 inch barrel.  My guess is it will weight somewhere around 51-53 Oz empty. 

Sounds like a sick build keep us posted when its done.  Don is the man