Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Casefeeder - Brass Stops the Casefeeder Here

Hi, I continually have brass get stuck on this part of the casefeeder which stops the casefeeder plate from rotating. I have to remove 45 brass on this area before brass releases into the tube about every 10-15 pieces. What can I do to fix this?

3929-F8-F0-5-FA6-4-DCD-A6-B2-50-EE4-FC4-

Edited by Orion1

Mine began to have this problem due to a piece of brass snagging right there and bending/deforming that plastic lip. Once that happened, cases were sticking every 20 seconds it felt like. 

I spent about 5-10min hand sanding it down with 150 grit and it all but fixed it entirely 

16 hours ago, slavex said:

buy the DAA plate for the casefeeder, it comes with a really nice wedge that will stop this, and you get a better shellplate as a result too

My recommendation exactly!

Could forget about case feed problems after installing the DAA plate/wedge.........

On 2/20/2023 at 7:53 PM, slavex said:

buy the DAA plate for the casefeeder, it comes with a really nice wedge that will stop this, and you get a better shellplate as a result too

Yes, this is the easy fix.

9 hours ago, m700 said:

When I got mine this was happening to me so I bought the DAA setup with their shellplate. When I was installing that I realized its adjustable

Same here, not being one to RTFM. Mine started that with 40's and once you get a case mouth stuck it happens all the time. Then I got the DAA sit and noticed the deflector when down beside the shell plate.

I've since got three of the DAA's for both my presses and the rollsizer. When I first got the rollsizer I was having an awful time with jambs trying to keep up with all six pins and since the DAA setup it never jambs and I can run it at a slower speed, so I got them for my presses too.

• 2 weeks later...