Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC Optic

I switched back to a Cmore railway from the 510c. 510 dot was just to small for me, plus the Cmore dot clarity is the best Ive seen, and easily changed.

I will ad that my son got the 510c and his steel challenge scores really jumped up. His other dot was a tube style.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've enjoyed my Burris Fastfire 4 on my JP-GMH15.  Has 4 reticle options.  I use it Steel Challenge matches ( either the 11 moa dot or the 32 MOA circle dot); USPSA and IDPA matches using the 3 MOA dot.  

I'd been running a vortex UH1 for a good while, and recently switched to an Aimpoint T2.  I used to like eotech style reticle/window, but found I was picking up the red and sending it, sometimes it was the larger red circle instead of the center dot.  Now with the 2 moa dot of the T2, if I see the red somewhere near the A, its going to be in.  I wish Vortex made an option with just a center dot.  Plus side on the aimpoint is definitely no worry about battery life.     

Johnny  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 4:15 AM, Ner said:

Did anyone tried Prism x1 optics (Swampfox Blade for example) for fast Pcc target transitions end etc ?

I've tried a vortex spitfire 1x prism, I have a stigmatism so the etched reticle and choice between red or green is great.  I felt like reticle is just a bit too busy, wish they had a single dot option.  If you're going to be shooting out to distance (az pcc championship) the turret could come in quite handy.  

3 hours ago, Acespeedy said:

I've tried a vortex spitfire 1x prism, I have a stigmatism so the etched reticle and choice between red or green is great.  I felt like reticle is just a bit too busy, wish they had a single dot option.  If you're going to be shooting out to distance (az pcc championship) the turret could come in quite handy.  

I have already bought a PA x1 microprism. I like it more than my Holosun 510

1 hour ago, Boomstick303 said:

This optic interests me for PCC, why do you like it more than the 510C?

it's very bright even in sunny day. It's fast coz of the shape or reticle. It's auto on/off. Not afraid of rain. It's sharp&crisp with my astigmatism. Yes, it eats off some of the pov couse of being bigger but it's ok for me due to I use both of my eyes for targeting. No parallax coz of being prism. Win win i suppose. M.b. it's worth consider a new x1 Prism from Swampfox that is somewhat the same.

I have had good luck with the c-more railway.  Seems to be the right height for me.  Batteries are kinda different to load and seems like I go through them regularly.   I have had no point of impact change with it and have had it for some time now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 6:47 AM, Ner said:

I have already bought a PA x1 microprism. I like it more than my Holosun 510

Nice, It looks pretty interesting.  Might have to try one, they are pretty reasonable and then make good optics.

PA announced the GLx 1x prism and claims it has "near infinite" eye relief. Video from shot show . It looks very promising, available Q2. I had a 1x SLx and was annoyed with the eye relief so I sold it and replaced it with simple aimpoint T2 on a shorty AR.

I shoot a few casual knock down steel matches a year with my girlfriend and we've shared my franken PCC with a 510c that has been very satisfactory. We are changing things up this year with a new build for her and she'll get the 510c. I'm upgrading my PCC to a light weight inspired Maxamundi upper and decided to try the 507 comp on a Scalarworks mount. It should be about half the weight of the 510C which has the spacer installed. If I don't like it I might try the new PA GLx 1x when it becomes available If I catch the right sale.

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2024 at 10:04 PM, Haywizzle said:

PA announced the GLx 1x prism and claims it has "near infinite" eye relief. Video from shot show . It looks very promising, available Q2. I had a 1x SLx and was annoyed with the eye relief so I sold it and replaced it with simple aimpoint T2 on a shorty AR.

I shoot a few casual knock down steel matches a year with my girlfriend and we've shared my franken PCC with a 510c that has been very satisfactory. We are changing things up this year with a new build for her and she'll get the 510c. I'm upgrading my PCC to a light weight inspired Maxamundi upper and decided to try the 507 comp on a Scalarworks mount. It should be about half the weight of the 510C which has the spacer installed. If I don't like it I might try the new PA GLx 1x when it becomes available If I catch the right sale.

What height mount did you get on your 507 comp