Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Only ONE GLOCK

baron45

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go with the G34. Suitable for USPSA Production (and other divisions if you're a "...punk who feels lucky today"), IDPA, GSSF, home defense and, yes, police service. A bit big for CCW but not impossible with the right holster.

I own 11 Glocks and my G34 is my favorite.

34 = legal for GSSF Competition and Unlimited only

17 = legal for everything in GSSF except Subcompact and MajorSub

Spend the money you save on some real sights and a tub of Slide Glide and you are good to go. The 17 handles and feels better anyway, but that's more subjective.

The G20 is the most versatile glock.  You can use it to hunt wild boar, whitetail deer, or you can use it for personal defense.  You can download it to make IPSC major and shoot Limited, limited 10, or you could load 125gr bullets in it so it will barely make minor and shoot production or GSSF.  

The G20 is the only one really suitable to hunt with...and it plays well.

I can shoot a G35 in about every class of competion and do well...the G22 is nearly the same and would likley be my all around choice.  The 40's make major and are also production and IDPA legal...and can be downloaded to minor.  The 9mm are only minor.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a medium sized guy so i find the model 20 difficult to conceal.  I find the model29 too small for a 10 mm.  If glock would make a midsized 10mm I would pick that as the one glock to have.  It is an incrediblely versitile round and much easier too shoot than people will admit.  Unfortunately glock does not seem to have an interest in producin a mid sized large frame.  I think the model 23 is the next best thing.  I only own one glock and I love my modle 23.

A 23 and a 29 are so close to the same dimensions it's barely worth mention, Shade. If the butt is a little short for you try a pinky mag extender or better yet a preban 15 rounder for a full size grip.

I like the G35. You can shoot IDPA SSP and ESP or IPSC Limited, Limited 10 and Production. A .40 downloaded to the 125 PF IMO shoots softer than a 9mm. I have a G34, but like the G35 better. 40 brass is actually cheaper than 9mm.

• 5 years later...

I've got a Gen II 20 that's been with me for almost 17 years, if you took away all the rest and just left me one, my 20 would be it. The brass is the only bad thing I can say about it. :angry: The feral hog population in south Arkansas tried to hire lobbyists get it banned. :devil:

G22

Download for production

normal loads throw a magwell on it and shoot in in L10 & Limited

can be used CCW (I'm 6'1" 270lbs)

But why would you ever limit yourself to just one? I have three myself G31 (with an extra 40 S&W barrel) G17 open,

& G23 CCW

The most versatile would be the G22, since .40 could be loaded to major so it would be somewhat competitive in USPSA Limited. But my personal choice would be a G35, since I don't plan on shooting much GSSF, mostly USPSA and a little IDPA.

BTW, what's with resurrecting all the 5 year old threads?

Edited by mpolans

Only one for fun and competition? 17, the most versatile of them all. Legal and competitive in USPSA Production, IDPA SSP and ESP, and all but a couple GSSF classes.

Agreed. Plus, Glock 17 gets you into IPSC Production Division, whereas the Glock 34 is banned.