Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate or parrot?

Mlussoro

Simple as that which is the better deal? I’m set on either one of these my local gun store can get either for a decent price compared to what they used to sell for. Heck why not I’m leaning towards parrot just because of how weird they are lol. But I’d like to hear from the gurus

Parrots don’t come with the extra barrel and are usually $100-200 more expensive but are the exact same pistol mechanically. I have a parrot because thats what was available when I got mine locally. If I had my choice of the two I would get a czechmate that included the extra $200+ barrel so I could throat it for 9mm major which have an OAL longer than regular 9mm. 9 major will not chamber in a 9mm czechmate barrel you need to have that done or buy a throat reamer and do it yourself. 

1 hour ago, Mlussoro said:

I used to compete seriously a few years ago had an atlas chaos sold it and just want to enjoy shooting with buddies not really compete on a high level. So you’re saying just a regular Czechmate? 

Yes I'd just get a regular czechmate. The parrot has a different hammer and trigger shoe, but the rest is just color aside from what's included in addition to the gun.

The factory website shows the Czechmate is discontinued for 2023.

Time to buy or wait and see I guess.

The new Czechmate model has been seen and shot by some but not released yet.

I have the 2019 version and it easily makes major with the stock barrels.

6 hours ago, Dirty_J said:

Do your mags works reliably with ammo that long? 🤔 

Yup. I tuned the big stick using the info from @aandabooks

ETA: here’s the info:

Info from Aandabooks

For the control rib: 0.735” just above the mag catch hole

Feed lips: 0.365” in the rear, 0.375” in the front

I pinched the mag to those numbers and so far so good. No nosediving with PD 124 V1 or V2.

Edited by George16

1 hour ago, George16 said:

Yup. I tuned the big stick using the info from @aandabooks

ETA: here’s the info:

Info from Aandabooks

For the control rib: 0.735” just above the mag catch hole

Feed lips: 0.365” in the rear, 0.375” in the front

I pinched the mag to those numbers and so far so good. No nosediving with PD 124 V1 or V2.

Ya. I’m familiar with the tune process. 

I guess your load is only 0.006” over SAAMI max. Seeing 1.17 caught my attention tho! 😝 

5 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

Ya. I’m familiar with the tune process. 

I guess your load is only 0.006” over SAAMI max. Seeing 1.17 caught my attention tho! 😝 

What’s SAAMI 😝? It doesn’t apply for 9major so I don’t worry about SAAMI specs.

Just now, Dirty_J said:

I mean. Not for the powder charge. But they still gotta fit and feed out of the mag! Haha. 

You’ll be surprised to find out the max length you can get away with with the mags. I measured the mags and longest I can fit in was about 1.194”. However, the bullet might fall out at that length 😁.

The two barrel CM was a flop.  The two barrels would not shoot to the same POI.  Of the three friends who have/had one, two of them sold and went to 2011s.  The third still shoots his, but only through the major barrel.  Minor factory ammo works in that barrel and prints to the same POI.  Id exactly the same thing with my 2011 Open gun.  BTW, he did not have his barrel throated and loads to 1.150" OAL with Zero JHPs.

I've heard mixed commentary around the newer Czechmates coming with two barrels; seems like some do and some don't, so the regular Czechmate may or may not be a better deal in terms of the value of the box contents. In either case, I agree with everyone else that if you are serious about shooting then you will switch basically every anodized part on the Parrot. The grips offer almost no traction, the factory slide racker is horrible compared to aftermarket options, and most folks will switch out the CMore Slideride for a modern MRDS, which means no shiny blue mount. 

If you want a safe queen/conversation starter for shooting static targets at a typical stalled range, then go with the Parrot, otherwise go with whichever is cheaper. 

Same boat I had a czechmate for few years. Some of the new ones supposedly only come with one barrel. If you can find a 2 barrel czechmate. 

100% better deal than the parrot. The colored baseplates are easy to change. 
Colored grips you’ll likely change to lok grips or something like that. 
But if your options are both 1 barrel and price is the same go with whatever will entertain you more. 
But I would try to find a newer series 2 barrel czechmate for best bang for your buck

Thank you everyone, I picked up a regular CM 2 barrel black version steal if a price at $2695 see what happens!  Now the question is I have see guys with ape hanger slide rackers, and RTS2 mounds with thumb rests. Can’t find the slide rackers anywhere ??? 

8 hours ago, Mlussoro said:

Thank you everyone, I picked up a regular CM 2 barrel black version steal if a price at $2695 see what happens!  Now the question is I have see guys with ape hanger slide rackers, and RTS2 mounds with thumb rests. Can’t find the slide rackers anywhere ??? 

If you buy a carrot  you will   have both a CM  and  parrot/carrot 😉

enjoy new toy.

Unless you are geeting an incredible deal or really like all the colors. The regular Czechmate is a better buy because it comes with more spare parts.
If you are going to use the comp with standard ammo you will need to change the recoil spring .

On 1/19/2023 at 8:28 AM, Knight85 said:

Unless you are geeting an incredible deal or really like all the colors. The regular Czechmate is a better buy because it comes with more spare parts.
If you are going to use the comp with standard ammo you will need to change the recoil spring .

For curiosity sake did you use comp + box ammo and what recoil spring did you have to swap to?