Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock OEM Performance Trigger Kit

Beelow

Just incase you guys haven't seen this. Glock has released a Gen5 specific complete trigger assembly that essentially replicates the Timney in that it fully tensions the striker. Here is a link to a JG video explaining it. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, GJM said:

I have shot about 400 rounds through this trigger and love it. The main difference is between the wall and trigger break -- the creep is gone. So far it has been reliable.

Are you comparing to Timney or stock Glock?

Took Glock long enough to come out with this - in the meantime many have gone elsewhere to improve their trigger - I love my glocks but, glock sure does leave the door open for many after market vendors.

On 1/18/2023 at 1:32 AM, sandflea316 said:

So are all the glock purest guys who crapped on the Timney because it changes how the method of operation going to say this is greatest thing ever?

But of course. 
But it will have a lot to do with how the trigger reset feels/works. If it works out, I’m going to need at least a couple of these. 

6 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

Anyone know if they will develop it for Gen 1-4?

That's a great question given how many Glocks are out there.  JG did state that the Glock Performance Trigger is basically a Timney.

On 1/18/2023 at 7:16 AM, GJM said:

I have shot about 400 rounds through this trigger and love it. The main difference is between the wall and trigger break -- the creep is gone. So far it has been reliable.

How’s the reset on it ? 

I find myself constantly having to adjust the tension on my connector to help reset. I am buying the extra power trigger return spring from JG to combat this. I currently use the red Timney spring, ZEV Pro connector, and Vex shoe

1 hour ago, Eli_a said:

How’s the reset on it ?

Its short and crisp.  I dont have any round count, but we were instructed on them in the armorer class as well as installing them in the G19s.  Its a step up and has the dot connector, not the minus but you can swap one in. It breaks nice and clean and resets nicely. I havent played with the Timney to compare.

I bought twos Timneys and loved the idea in concept. Triggers felt awesome, but proved unreliable over time. I didn't care for certain parts of the design (the set screw/U-washer that connect the housing to the Timney drop-in and the trigger return spring). Glock is certainly late to the game, but it's not the same design. Conceptually it accomplishes the same thing, but does it "Glock Perfection" style. Installation isn't difficult with the Timney, but there are a couple more steps than the stock parts. The Glock Performance trigger install requires removing the pins, swapping the entire trigger and replacing the pins.

For what it's worth (my opinion and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee) I've been shooting Glocks for 20 years and tried a lot of different combinations. I've bought a couple Zev kits, the Timneys, and various other racey parts. Up to this point, I've always come back to stock parts with either a minus or dot connector, polishing and some spring swaps. I'm sure I've spent over a grand on Glock trigger parts over the years. Oh well.

I have two gripes with the OEM polish/spring change setup I inevitably settled on. First, after trying the Timneys I found it hard to return to a dead trigger in dry fire. I like a little movement, but also like the first break, which you loose if you dry fire with the pistol slightly out of battery. Second, it was a very fine balance in getting the trigger weight down while still being 100% reliable on the varied primers I find myself using.

The Glock Performance trigger solved both those issues. It would be awesome if 34s started coming with it and even better if they came out with a Gen 3 version.

3 minutes ago, Slow250 said:

I bought twos Timneys and loved the idea in concept. Triggers felt awesome, but proved unreliable over time. I didn't care for certain parts of the design (the set screw/U-washer that connect the housing to the Timney drop-in and the trigger return spring). Glock is certainly late to the game, but it's not the same design. Conceptually it accomplishes the same thing, but does it "Glock Perfection" style. Installation isn't difficult with the Timney, but there are a couple more steps than the stock parts. The Glock Performance trigger install requires removing the pins, swapping the entire trigger and replacing the pins.

For what it's worth (my opinion and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee) I've been shooting Glocks for 20 years and tried a lot of different combinations. I've bought a couple Zev kits, the Timneys, and various other racey parts. Up to this point, I've always come back to stock parts with either a minus or dot connector, polishing and some spring swaps. I'm sure I've spent over a grand on Glock trigger parts over the years. Oh well.

I have two gripes with the OEM polish/spring change setup I inevitably settled on. First, after trying the Timneys I found it hard to return to a dead trigger in dry fire. I like a little movement, but also like the first break, which you loose if you dry fire with the pistol slightly out of battery. Second, it was a very fine balance in getting the trigger weight down while still being 100% reliable on the varied primers I find myself using.

The Glock Performance trigger solved both those issues. It would be awesome if 34s started coming with it and even better if they came out with a Gen 3 version.

Yeah I hope they do a Gen3 version. JG is modding them to work for Gen1-4 now I believe

2 hours ago, Slow250 said:

I'm curious about your experience with Timney becoming unreliable over time?

I have their new version with the dimpled trigger bar and Johnny Vex shoe and haven't had any reliability issues for around 1K rounds so far

9 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Now to find one in stock

This. And also one with an overtravel stop built into the housing. The JG Vex trigger shoe also looks like an interesting addition. 

I may wait a few months and see how everyone else likes them. I have a habit of jumping in too fast with my money and making some purchases I regret. 

with regard to Timney reliability, my Timney has been totally, reliably sitting on a shelf collecting dust since about a week after I bought it. 

12 hours ago, Slow250 said:

I've been shooting Glocks for 20 years and tried a lot of different combinations. I've bought a couple Zev kits, the Timneys, and various other racey parts. Up to this point, I've always come back to stock parts with either a minus or dot connector, polishing and some spring swaps. I'm sure I've spent over a grand on Glock trigger parts over the years. Oh well.

Nice summary of what a lot have gone through chasing Glock trigger perfection.

20 hours ago, CHuynh said:

I'm curious about your experience with Timney becoming unreliable over time?

I have their new version with the dimpled trigger bar and Johnny Vex shoe and haven't had any reliability issues for around 1K rounds so far

It was specific to the Gen 5 version, I had the set screw slip the U-washer a couple times. It also had a very weak reset. The company was very good in sending me some replacement parts (extra U-washers and a heavier trigger return spring) but after a couple issues with a glock trigger I tend to lose patience. It's hard to have confidence in something after a couple match failures. I have one in a Gen 3 24 as well, I haven't had any issues, but I don't shoot it often and am not currently shooting matches with a .40.

I don't have any Johnny Glock items, it's one avenue I never went with Glock.  I would have to check if there's a dimple, but I'm guessing no because I got it when they first came out. I think one of the reasons the Timney can have a stutter on reset in the Gen 5s is because of the ambi slide release puts more metal in a small space. There is also variation in some of the frames.

I ended up getting one of the Glock Performance ones fairly early and so far its been reliable.

I've got a few Timneys. 2 of them are fine, and 2 of them not. The two not fine - just really weak reset and random light strikes. I'm waiting for a couple of the Glock kits to see how they do replacing the two Alphas that aren't working well. As others pointed out -  Timney was good about sending parts, but in the end it's been a pair of constant project guns that get worked on far more than shot. And as someone also said, they reliably sit on the shelf other than to try the next batch of Timney parts they send. Patience has run out.