Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC WORLD SHOOT Results and Other Discussion

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/20/2022 at 10:41 PM, rowdyb said:

I was a physicist, I can do that math in my head haha. People love the competitor app, just not for me.

For my curiosity. Would you elaborate what issue(s) you have with the PractiScore Competitor app.

9 minutes ago, Blackstone45 said:

What do you mean?

I mean I scrolled through the top 50 or so of all the results and didn't see many US competitor names. Or is the match still going on and these are all preliminary still and the top guys are still down at the bottom because they don't have all their scores in?

Edited to add, never mind that does look to be the case. I just didn't scroll far enough

Edited by RJH

1 hour ago, RJH said:

I mean I scrolled through the top 50 or so of all the results and didn't see many US competitor names. Or is the match still going on and these are all preliminary still and the top guys are still down at the bottom because they don't have all their scores in?

Edited to add, never mind that does look to be the case. I just didn't scroll far enough

Yeah I think there have only been 2 (maybe 3 by now) days of shooting. 

12 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

Is that good or bad? Honest question 

I would think good if you shot that match, bad if you didn't. More so in ipsc where you can't pre walk stages. Imagine only getting 3-5 min to walk a 32 round stage with a 15 man. Meanwhile some guys not only walked the stage before but shot it once. 

Does it really matter probably depends on how many stages and what exactly "near" identical means. At a minimum it can give you a little boost of confidence having shot a stage before. Especially one with activators. Most IDPA clubs around here "test" their stages for majors several times leading up to the match. I know from experience being the first shooter on a stage with a tricky activator I've already shot was a lot less stressful then it would of been if it was the first time I'd seen it. 

Edited by Racinready300ex

Looking through the results that are PractiScore there are some suspicious scores.  How does IPSC handle those? For USPSA I'd call out rule 9.10.2 and it would be corrected if someone arbitrated.  

I'm looking at the Open scores for stage 16 with an impressive 60HF!

17 minutes ago, Unibrain said:

Looking through the results that are PractiScore there are some suspicious scores.  How does IPSC handle those? For USPSA I'd call out rule 9.10.2 and it would be corrected if someone arbitrated.

Even for USPSA, after scoresheet is signed off, by the letter of the rules, someone would need to fill in a formal 3rd party arbitration in that case.

There was a similar issue many, many years ago. There was some discussion about adding a function to the scoring software that would highlight anything that was significantly higher than a competitors average scores, or when compared to others on the same stage. 

I'm guessing it was never implemented.😀

33 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

There was a similar issue many, many years ago. There was some discussion about adding a function to the scoring software that would highlight anything that was significantly higher than a competitors average scores, or when compared to others on the same stage. 

Which scoring software are you referring to?
Even if it was missed at the stage, it is not a rocket science to check all 30 stages at the end of the day and look for abnormal times or scores...

3 hours ago, Unibrain said:

I'm looking at the Open scores for stage 16 with an impressive 60HF!

dude gamed it-ran the stage in less than 3 seconds...

15 hours ago, euxx said:

Which scoring software are you referring to?
Even if it was missed at the stage, it is not a rocket science to check all 30 stages at the end of the day and look for abnormal times or scores...

That seems to have happened. I don't see an unusual HF in the results for. Open Stage 16

21 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

PS does that, to bad they'll never just adopt that. 

7 hours ago, PhilTerry said:

That seems to have happened. I don't see an unusual HF in the results for. Open Stage 16

The next one is the top Stage 6 run in POL division from a pre-match - 5 sec better than best runs of the top Production guys...