Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I don't get it.

I understand that some people are going to be offended no matter what the joke is so some will think it's funny and some won't. So you posted a joke and some thought it was funny and some thought it was a little borderline. I would guess that the reason it got taken down had more to do with the open invitation for everyone to crack on a group of people than it did with the single joke you posted but is that really worth boycotting the site over? I don't think anyone was saying you were a bad person or anything, they are just trying to preserve the perceived harmony of the site. I guess when it comes to freedom of speech, we all have to pick our battles. I'm just not sure I'd really be willing to give up all the good this forum provides to preserve my right to post lesbian jokes.

I agree w/ Merlin.... Geez...

You didn't miss anything, folsoml - Nolan's joke was fairly tame, but the followups were fairly sophmoric and, well, frankly, crude and in poor taste.

Nolan, I really don't know what you expected to happen ;) I saw the post title and made a bet with myself about how long the post would live....

+1 merlin

+1 XRE

Nolan.

While the original joke was I guess ok, the followups were borderline. While not offended by them I DO THINK they had no place on the forum. That is the rub.... The forum is open for all to see. More than men with that funny bone visit the site. There are several juniors and family that visit as well to whom that content would not have been appropriate.

I applaud the decision to remove the thread. It wasn't a personal attack on you or anyone that posted afterwards. Heck I even have told similar jokes but not in an open forum. If I quit and withdrew from every person/group that thought one of my jokes was bad or tasteless I would have to absorb myself into the internet and find faceless friends that didn't know me..

Heh wait a minute ...... :D

Soo if your leaving sorry to see ya go. You have added to the knowledge of the forum that will be missed. I think it is knee jerk but none the less it is your decision. Hope to see you on other forums or in real life sometime.

Steven

I do appoligize for the snack cracker remark in the criminal thread. I probably wouldn't tell that one to my Grandparents at Thankgiving dinner. It's that I only really know a couple good lesbian jokes, and it's not every day a guy sees "Tell us your Lesbian jokes" thread.

I just hope I can still wish everybody a MERRY CHRISTMAS without offending......oh wait....I don't care. :)

Let's get back to shooting.

Who here STILL can't Bill Drill 6 A's in under 2.00 seconds?

You all take care.

TD

Edited by TDean

Nolan, no one thought your joke was a problem. It was a very tasteful way to poke fun and fit the boundaries nicely. It was the followups that were a problem as was mentioned clearly in the thread. Your joke was clean and funny, truly a novelty nowadays. We love you man, don't go!

I'm not a moderator here but I am on other boards and maybe the proper action could have been to delete the inappropriate responses, lock the thread and let those with thicker skins enjoy the humor. I can't stand it when I go to the trouble of typing out a post and it gets deleted due to the abuse of others.

Edited by Bigbadaboom

I can't stand it when I go to the trouble of typing out a post and it gets deleted due to the abuse of others.

This was definitely an abuse of others situation. Nolan was good with his post, it's the others that burned the thread. I personally liked Nolan's joke. It was not only funny, but it was good clean fun too, a rare thing nowadays.

Please accept my apologies for my recent posts!

I’ve learned a couple of important lessons:

1. Do not post when you are so angry/depressed/frustrated over other ‘events’ in your personal/profession/competitive life that you let them color your responses to well intentioned actions of unrelated people. So again I apologize! I’ll do my best to put down the keyboard and back away until I cool off.

2. There are a lot more great people here than small people. Thank you all for the kind words in your emails, PM’s and posts, even if some are ‘damning with faint praise!’ :P This was never a battle, it just hit me the wrong way at the wrong time and I responded in the wrong way. There is no excuse even if I was in the second day of a migraine (3rd day today), or that I had just been backstabbed at work by someone I’ve trusted for 15 years, or that I’ve been stiffed for several hundred bucks in my side business, or that I’ve had another ‘KaBoom’ because the breachface failed, again. I would like to continue posting and reading here, so please consider my leaving as just for a short trip.

3. I managed to engage the keyboard without engaging my brain when I first posted the joke in question. I received that joke and several others from a family member who lives the ‘alternative lifestyle’ in question and was asked if I knew any more similar jokes, so I posted the request for more jokes. I should have just asked people to email me the jokes rather than post them, but to be honest it just never crossed my mind that other people would be so offended.

Nolan

Edited by Nolan

There are a lot more great people here than small people.

Thank you. I'm very glad to know that you're still with us Nolan!

And I'm sad to hear about the disturbing circumstances. I hope things smooth out for you soon.

be

Nolan,

dont ever apologize for joking about lesbians, if we cant talk about that sort of thing, then we are living in a world i dont want to know.

ask your doc about Maxalt, and try to get him to hook u up with an oxygen tank, or go find a scuba shop. Those are the migraine miracles I have found.