Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mighty Armory Saami Spec Pistol Dies

WaynePatrick

Hi all, just an FYI, 

Our pistol sizing dies are Full Length.

it’s best to lightly spray a lube on your cases to eliminate any brass filings from getting caught between the case and bore and smearing when sizing dry. Unfortunately not all today’s pistol brass is chamfered. 
you can use which ever lube you prefer. We recommend PEG75 because it doesn’t require being wiped away. It’s not greasy. 
Feel free to contact us if you would like to know more about spec sizing and loading to spec. 
In keeping, undersize dies are a .125 ring, Mighty Armory Dies are at saami spec. They are .630 in length. 
If you choose to chamfer your cases you can dry size 100%. 

Wayne 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using Mighty Armory dies for a while also part of the team. Let me know of you have any questions on the dies or ability of the dies.  

Just a little but of information but last year at USPSA Open Gun Nationals, my velocities at the chrono stage were within 5fps of each other on the three rounds they fired.  The only thing different I had done to my reloads was started to use the Mighty Armory resizing die.  The made my ammo so consistent and also no ammo issues during the Match.  I was able to win B Class in Open at Nationals. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 7:32 PM, ar15rick said:

I have been using Mighty Armory dies for a while also part of the team. Let me know of you have any questions on the dies or ability of the dies.  

Just a little but of information but last year at USPSA Open Gun Nationals, my velocities at the chrono stage were within 5fps of each other on the three rounds they fired.  The only thing different I had done to my reloads was started to use the Mighty Armory resizing die.  The made my ammo so consistent and also no ammo issues during the Match.  I was able to win B Class in Open at Nationals. 

So do these dies eliminate the Dillon bulges and hourglass shape in 9mm brass??

8 minutes ago, esquared said:

So do these dies eliminate the Dillon bulges and hourglass shape in 9mm brass??

Yes they totally do.  The rounds come out as stock as possible. Also if you want a 10%off code for Mighty Armory send me an email at ar159915@gmail.com and I will send you my code.  

On 9/23/2022 at 4:42 PM, Dusty said:

What kind of neck tension are you getting?  I just got my 9mm die in and after sizing, before flaring the mouth, I can seat .355 fmj rounds with my finger tip. 

This is why I stop using MA dies 

1 hour ago, Furrly said:

This is why I stop using MA dies 

It was user error on my part. I didn’t have the die down far enough. Once I screwed down against the shell plate, it all fell into place. I have .005 neck tension now. 

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

It was user error on my part. I didn’t have the die down far enough. Once I screwed down against the shell plate, it all fell into place. I have .005 neck tension now. 

As a side note, when Wayne saw this post, he called me up on a Sat. To help me get it remedied. Can’t ask for better response than that. 

Can someone explain what these dies do that a regular set of steel dies would not do? 

For example, Redding 9mm steel dies are full length, and are SAMMI spec, and require lubing.   Steel dies should give you best possible sizing due to how they're made (full size without a carbide ring).    I'm trying to understand what these dies do that my Redding titanium carbide sizer does not do?  I don't get the coke bottle effect using them and I don't have any issues with rounds not going into the case gauge.    I'm using a rollsizer, so that would certainly help.

8 hours ago, 67isb said:

Can someone explain what these dies do that a regular set of steel dies would not do? 

For example, Redding 9mm steel dies are full length, and are SAMMI spec, and require lubing.   Steel dies should give you best possible sizing due to how they're made (full size without a carbide ring).    I'm trying to understand what these dies do that my Redding titanium carbide sizer does not do?  I don't get the coke bottle effect using them and I don't have any issues with rounds not going into the case gauge.    I'm using a rollsizer, so that would certainly help.

Nothing different!! 

10 hours ago, 67isb said:

since you’re using a roll sizer, nothing at all. 

The biggest thing I liked about this die was the De-capping part of it. I was running dillon dies in my 1050 and a mixed lot of 9mm brass. A couple of brands of brass would constantly have pull backs on the primer.  The de-capping system on these dies are working a lot better. I loaded @500 rds the other night and never had a pull back. 
lubing is an extra step, but it definitely makes the press run smoother. The bottle shape that I had before isn’t there anymore, but that was mainly a cosmetic issue. 

6 minutes ago, Dusty said:

The biggest thing I liked about this die was the De-capping part of it. I was running dillon dies in my 1050 and a mixed lot of 9mm brass. A couple of brands of brass would constantly have pull backs on the primer.  The de-capping system on these dies are working a lot better. I loaded @500 rds the other night and never had a pull back. 
lubing is an extra step, but it definitely makes the press run smoother. The bottle shape that I had before isn’t there anymore, but that was mainly a cosmetic issue. 

I will agree, their decapping system is better than any other die Ive tried, from Lee, Dillon, Lyman, even Redding. I do wish their made their die with a little tighter neck tension myself though.

29 minutes ago, Dusty said:

The bottle shape that I had before isn’t there anymore, but that was mainly a cosmetic issue. 

I truly do not understand the negative attitudes associated with the "coke bottle" shape.

There are no functional negatives and it is actually a good thing as it opposes bullet setback.