Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ROMEO3XL controls not working at times

DVC1911

I am having a recurring issue with my 3XL.   Sometimes it does not want to turn on,  Sometimes it does not want to turn off.

There are times when I can not adjust the brightness.   It just gets stuck.

When is is working as designed I love the sight.  But I was at a match on the weekend and it took me a dozen tries and 10 minutes to turn it on.

At the end of the day, it would not turn off.  Six hours later it finally let me turn it off.  

Has anybody else run into these issues?

Thanks for your assistance with this.

My Max did the same thing.  I sent it in for "repair" and got a new one shipped to me a couple of days after the received it.  Process is relatively painless as long as you have a back up optic or gun.

question are you manually turning the scope on and off?

I have a Romero 3max that I turned on when I got it and and never turned off, I let do it shake awake and I’m still on the original battery

and so far so good

i know I just jinxed myself 

On 7/20/2022 at 1:29 PM, rishii said:

question are you manually turning the scope on and off?

I have a Romero 3max that I turned on when I got it and and never turned off, I let do it shake awake and I’m still on the original battery

and so far so good

i know I just jinxed myself 

This. Any dot that has the shake awake feature doesn’t ever really need to be turned off. Buttons aren’t an issue if you barely ever use them. 

I have had the same issues with this thing

they are fairly prompt and sending it back

i had not want to turn up at all and another one u gota push several times

but sig took care of it no questions 

• 1 month later...

I’ve lost count on how many I’ve sent in for this issue. It’s over 10. That said, I’ve been using them since they were released and have many thousands of rounds through them. 

I’d say that they tend to fail in the 10-25k range. Some last longer than others, but chance of failure is 100% over time.

one thing I’ve done to prolong the life of the buttons is, I no longer turn the optic off. With the Motion activated on/off, I haven’t noticed any difference in battery life. If you’re one of those guys that turns to dot on/off every stage, you’re greatly reducing the time between repairs.

all that said, they need to fix this. The optic has been out several years now, it’s scary to think about how many they warranty for this issue.

On 9/15/2022 at 9:40 PM, Rich406 said:

all that said, they need to fix this. The optic has been out several years now, it’s scary to think about how many they warranty for this issue.

I think their solution was to raise the price… they’ve gone up $100

Imo the dot isn’t worth the price.   I can’t run something that makes me question it’s reliability.   I’ve moved away from them and went to the ftp alpha dot.   With the price of the optic and the amount of reliability issues I’ve had I don’t see the point    I am constantly wondering when it will shift zero again or when it simply just won’t turn on.  

3 minutes ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

Imo the dot isn’t worth the price.   I can’t run something that makes me question it’s reliability.   I’ve moved away from them and went to the ftp alpha dot.   With the price of the optic and the amount of reliability issues I’ve had I don’t see the point    I am constantly wondering when it will shift zero again or when it simply just won’t turn on.  

I tried the FTP Alpha but the flicker on anything but max brightness distracts me too much. Same thing happens with Cmore RTS series. I wish they could use the same emitter/board (which ever affects the dot like that) as the Romeo 3XL. Then it would be a unicorn dot.

Edited by JM_

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

I tried the FTP Alpha but the flicker on anything but max brightness distracts me too much. Same thing happens with Cmore RTS series. I wish they could use the same emitter/board (which ever affects the dot like that) as the Romeo 3XL. Then it would be a unicorn dot.

I ran the cmore for a year before going to the romeo for about 6 months.  I’ve had two go bad on me in 6 months time.    I’ve never really noticed the “flicker” 

5 minutes ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

I ran the cmore for a year before going to the romeo for about 6 months.  I’ve had two go bad on me in 6 months time.    I’ve never really noticed the “flicker” 

Inside turn the dot to medium brightness and then wave the dot around a lot. You'll notice the dot isn't one continuous line, but a dotted line.

I wish the buttons on my Romeo3XL didn't work.  At the Oregon Open Sectional this weekend I somehow pressed the down button with my support thumb in the middle of a stage.  It was very strange going from a big red ball to a tiny speck of light.  

On topic, I currently have four R3XL's.  Two were replace because of the faulty switch early on.  No issues since.  

• 2 months later...