Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifieritis

• 3 weeks later...

On a slightly more serious note: stop worry about the classifier (easier said than done) and JUST SHOOT IT. Never reshoot a classifier (aside from situations covered by the rules) unless something really wonky happened. Some of my highest classifier scores were shot when I was utterly distracted - running the timer, then finding out I am on deck for example. No time to think about it and worry.

What is far more important than classifier scores is major match performance. Which is rich coming from a guy who never shoots to his classification percentage at majors, but that's a whole different discussion haha.

On 6/30/2022 at 7:55 AM, Bagellord said:

What is far more important than classifier scores is major match performance. Which is rich coming from a guy who never shoots to his classification percentage at majors, but that's a whole different discussion haha.

IMHO, it's fairly rare for people to shoot their percentage in a major match. it looks other than nils, only 1 guy (a junior who is pretty obviously underclassed in SS) shot at their classification percentage at ss nats.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:39 PM, motosapiens said:

IMHO, it's fairly rare for people to shoot their percentage in a major match. it looks other than nils, only 1 guy (a junior who is pretty obviously underclassed in SS) shot at their classification percentage at ss nats.

It was stated to me as a truism over 10 years ago by multiple super squad Prod shooters than most people shoot a Nats finish that is at least 10% below their classification. I believed it then and I still do today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I struggled with target panic in Archery at major events. My coach recommended With Winning in Mind, written by a long range Olomouc shooter. It’s a good read that’s helped me with classifier panic in shooting and archery. 

• 8 months later...

When i first started i hated them too

a guy told me shoot them like every other stage

thats what i do just for match points

when i was trying to make M the second i stopped trying it happened 

same in open and pcc

i even got close to gm in limited shooting them for match points

you will be pleasantly surprised when you just approach like any other stage

dont shoot hard or go hard just normal amount 

ive done testing in practice between going as hard as i can and shooting a bit hard and match pace

i found in match pace and pushing a tad hard results in not only better hits but close to same time the difference isnt staggering sometimes its even slower

good tip is make sure your shoulders are not tense just practice great reloads with a goal of 1 sec shot to shot and 1 sec consistent draw

you will blow right out of B

the other thing is B has the biggest spread

its a tough spot to leave for a lot of guys

dont let it get you down

put in 15 min of meaningful dryfire a day with a regiment like stoeger and check with live fire

set up some classifiers live just to see with no pressure where you are

you will be surprised 

tick tock and el prez are very easy to set up

• 6 months later...

I moved up from B class to M within a matter of months when I stopped caring about classifiers. I shot them like any other stage of the match. When you truly shoot like the class you want to be in, you will start match moding classifiers appropriately.