Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ichiro Nagata revolver

StanJ

I saw a picture last year, I think from the Steel Challenge, of what looked like a really heavily modified S&W revolver.  It had a real Buck Rogers look to it and I believe it was done by Ichiro Nagata.  But I can’t for the life of me find that picture anywhere on the internet.  Has anybody seen this photo floating around? 

2 hours ago, StanJ said:

I think it was built by Ichiro Nagata.  

Far as I know he wasn't a gunsmith.  He was the main photographer for American Handgunner magazine for many years and did most of the cover photos and layouts.  Top quality work.  But as for the revolver, I'm pretty sure someone built it for him.

24 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

Far as I know he wasn't a gunsmith.  He was the main photographer for American Handgunner magazine for many years and did most of the cover photos and layouts.  Top quality work.  But as for the revolver, I'm pretty sure someone built it for him.

Yep I never heard of him being gunsmith.  Great photographer.

23 hours ago, motosapiens said:

if i remember, ill ask him about it tomorrow.

ichiro said he designed the gun, and it was built by a gunsmith friend, probably don golembieski like carmoney suggests below? i didn’t ask him to spell it for me lol.

Edited by motosapiens

On 4/29/2022 at 6:39 PM, 38super said:

Possibly someone in San Jose,  JM or J&M.  Jim O'Young might know.  Nagata used to bring over the Steel Challenge AirSoft guys from Japan, most shot revolver.

It was Jim McMahon, (aka JM Custom) a local gunsmith in San Jose, who originally got his start at the now, long-gone Powder Horn gun shop. He built some really nice guns (both pistols & wheelguns) in the late 80s- early 90s.

I lost contact with him and have no idea of his current situation.

• 1 month later...