Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Gun Do You Shoot In Ssp?

Chills1994

Im using a Para 18.9 LDA. It can be shot in SSP and ESP and i shoot Para guns in IPSC so it uses the same frame size. I love my 1911's

That may work at local and club matches but you may find the P18.9 LDA not allowed in larger matches. It is over the 39oz. SSP weight limit. It should be OK for ESP. I have a P18.9 single action I shoot in ESP and love it.

I agree that the 9mm LDA is an excellent gun. I intend on getting one for USPSA Production class someday.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im using a Para 18.9 LDA. It can be shot in SSP and ESP and i shoot Para guns in IPSC so it uses the same frame size. I love my 1911's

That may work at local and club matches but you may find the P18.9 LDA not allowed in larger matches. It is over the 39oz. SSP weight limit. It should be OK for ESP. I have a P18.9 single action I shoot in ESP and love it.

I agree that the 9mm LDA is an excellent gun. I intend on getting one for USPSA Production class someday.

I'm shooting my first next month. I'll probably use my S&W 5906 but have considerd my M66.

CZ 85 Combat ESP or SSP with a reworked trigger, fiber front, CZ hard rubber grips, grip tape on the straps. Worked well out of the box... Nothing wrong with a Glock or _______ I just have a inclination toward something different. The CZ works excellently.

I mostly shoot a G35, but have been playing with a G21 loaded to a 135 PF. Those 200 gr SWC lead bullets make a really nice hole. I figure I saved at least 2 seconds the one match I have shot it in due to the large holes. There were 4 or 5 shots that would have been -1's had I been shooting a 9 or .40.

I use my duty gun for both SSP and USPSA Production, a Beretta 92 FS. The only thing I have done to it is the D mainspring. I am thinking about going to the Elite IA because I hate the tiny front sight on my FS, but there is not much I can do about it.

A couple of years ago Bob Vogel won the WV state IDPA championship with a USP 45 i believe it was an Expert model.

Competition is only what you make of it. As long as what your doing aligns with your goals and makes you happy everyone else should be thrilled.

I was on that squad. What a pleasure it was to watch him shoot.

Oh, yeah, what do I shoot in SSP .....S&W 6906 PC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
A couple of years ago Bob Vogel won the WV state IDPA championship with a USP 45 ....................

W.V. has shootin' clubs & State Championships ???

Well color me corn-fused !!! :P

Oh yeah ................ 17 or 19

Edited by C.Keen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, i bought a new Sig P226ST for idpa, then the day after i picked it up, Wilson changed the rules on me, now its not legal for SSP (thanks Bill), so i just picked up a NIB P228 for the Calif state Championships, i hope i have time to break it in.

gunfighter, is your 226ST too heavy for SSP?

My 226ST .357 barely makes ESP weight... with either the factory plastic grips or Nills. (SIG's website says 42.2 oz with mag).

So this year I've just shot a Glock 35.