Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Caliber do you roll size?

blue edge

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Were you getting a higher rejection rate when you did not roll size .223/5.56?

Yea. Once I started roll sizing them it took care of everything around the base and no longer have to mash the sizing die into the shell plate lol 

• 3 weeks later...

Okay…I gotta ask…

for you guys who are roll sizing .223 , .308 , and I guess even .300 Black Out, what do you gain by roll sizing bottle necked rifle brass?

In other threads, guys have said they still have to full length resize since a CasePro only squishes like maybe the bottom third of the case.

9 hours ago, Chills1994 said:

Okay…I gotta ask…

for you guys who are roll sizing .223 , .308 , and I guess even .300 Black Out, what do you gain by roll sizing bottle necked rifle brass?

In other threads, guys have said they still have to full length resize since a CasePro only squishes like maybe the bottom third of the case.

The same thing it does for pistol brass.  Squeeze the base of the case back where the die has a hard time getting to (particularly useful for mil brass shot from a machinegun) and uniform dings in the rim. I use a casepro.

Edited by caspian guy

6 hours ago, caspian guy said:

The same thing it does for pistol brass.  Squeeze the base of the case back where the die has a hard time getting to (particularly useful for mil brass shot from a machinegun) and uniform dings in the rim. I use a casepro.

Danke!