Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fix for Limited

HCH

With so many people abandoning the .40 in the world outside Limited, and Limited dropping in popularity, I propose the following fix:

-Allow 9mm to make Major

-Drop the PF floor for Major to 150

-20 rounds in a mag if claiming Major, 25 rounds in a mag if claiming Minor; no mag length restrictions. 

9mm could be competitive, while none of the .40’s that are out there now would be rendered obsolete. 

4 minutes ago, George Jones said:

Anyone want to volunteer to RO and count rounds to 25?

I can count on one hand the number of folks I have bumped to Open for having 11-12 rounds in a Production gun. 

That being said, do you check each shooter’s mags against a gauge at the Make Ready?

Cheaters will cheat, luckily there are few (that I’ve found anyway) in this game. 

Started in limited. Now in Open. Love my limited guns and would never sell them. Still practice and compete in locals with them.

Why does changing equipment rules seem like it will magically bring interest back into irons?? Optics are just better for people old and young. 

If you love limited please don't let others, or the lack thereof, in the divisions effect your participation. It's the competitors choice to not participate. They numbers have spoken and Carry Optics is king.

Personally, I would love for a separate Limited Nationals to be held every year. I would be the first to sign up for it in addition to Open. All the big dogs would shoot up too I think

Edited by Rnlinebacker

5 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

Started in limited. Now in Open. Love my limited guns and would never sell them. Still practice and compete in locals with them.

Why does changing equipment rules seem like it will magically bring interest back into irons?? Optics are just better for people old and young. 

If you love limited please don't let others, or the lack thereof, in the divisions effect your participation. It's the competitors choice to not participate. They numbers have spoken and Carry Optics is king.

Personally, I would love for a separate Limited Nationals to be held every year. I would be the first to sign up for it in addition to Open. All the big dogs would shoot up too I think

I still remember when people thought CO was a dumb idea… yet 5 years later, it’s the most popular division…

Limited, as the rules are now, is meant for .40 Major. .40 is no longer popular or relevant to most of the world outside Limited. I think Glock is the only major manufacturer producing .40 handguns anymore. Perhaps a slight rule change could bring more interest to the division. 

23 minutes ago, TaterHead said:

Dumb as sh?t ideas. Have you nothing better to do than think up stupid crap for people to argue about? That's the intent, right? Just argue?

Seems like you’re the argumentative one. 

If you have anything meaningful to add, please do. 

38 minutes ago, HCH said:

Seems like you’re the argumentative one. 

If you have anything meaningful to add, please do. 

i have something meaningful to add.  leave limited alone and go play with a rifle.  you can have a 5 foot long mag if you think that helps.

20 minutes ago, outerlimits said:

i have something meaningful to add.  leave limited alone and go play with a rifle.  you can have a 5 foot long mag if you think that helps.

I love Limited. It’s my go-to division. But there’s no denying that it’s dying. 

I don’t see how making it a more inclusive division would drive participation down… But, I figure we’re going to back to 2-3 divisions anyway. 

27 minutes ago, Kokeman said:

Leave it alone. If 40 ammo gets too expensive for you shoot 9 minor. 

I reload and cast my own bullets.  I’m not concerned about myself shooting it. 

My concern is the lack of participation in what was a very prominent division. 

2 hours ago, HCH said:

I still remember when people thought CO was a dumb idea… yet 5 years later, it’s the most popular division…

Limited, as the rules are now, is meant for .40 Major. .40 is no longer popular or relevant to most of the world outside Limited. I think Glock is the only major manufacturer producing .40 handguns anymore. Perhaps a slight rule change could bring more interest to the division. 

No, it won't. Everybody and their mom is in some optic division. Compete with what you like and have fun. Like everyone else is lol

19 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

No, it won't. Everybody and their mom is in some optic division. Compete with what you like and have fun. Like everyone else is lol

You’re probably right. The division preference is definitely moving that direction. Maybe I’m just behind on the times 🤣

35 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

wrong. for sure some agencies are catering to women and sissies who can’t shoot grown-up guns but many agencies still issue 40 to everyone.

So that explains why all the magazine articles keep praising the advancement of the .40 S&W and every gun manufacturer lists the .40 as their top selling gun…

Oh wait… 

4 hours ago, HCH said:

If CO had stayed a 10rnd division as originally conceived I doubt it’s popularity would be where it is today,  not to mention the multiple equipment rule tweaks made over those 5 years. 

2 hours ago, HCH said:

My concern is the lack of participation in what was a very prominent division

As technology advances things become irrelevant. I do not think changing rules to keep divisions relevant is going to do anything. The saving Production thread is like 50 pages deep or something but somehow I do not think there is any rule changes that have been discussed in that tread are going to bring Production back which was also a predominant division. 

I would love love to see major lowered to a PF of 150 minimum. This would allow open guns to last a lot longer and more guns play in open that could not play in that division currently. I do not ever see that happening but I would think it would be cool.  I imagine many others think otherwise. Doing so would not save any division. 

1 hour ago, HCH said:

So that explains why all the magazine articles keep praising the advancement of the .40 S&W and every gun manufacturer lists the .40 as their top selling gun…

Oh wait… 

i’m not a 12 year old girl so, i don’t read magazine articles about trendy cartridges. anyway you didn’t claim that 40 wasn’t trendy, you claimed that it wasn’t important or relevant which is plainly false.

Edited by motosapiens