Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Assorted Mayhem

John Heiter

Dayummnn! Say a vid the other evening of a Navy deckhand sucked into an engine - Looked like a Warthog on the deck of a carrier. Did not go all the way into the engine but he did vanish from sight in the vid. Survived ....Somehow?

If that's the video i'm thinking of, he survived because his flashlight on his tool belt hung up on some piece of the engine before he hit the nasty bits. IIRC it was an a-6 intruder or something like that

so that's what happens to a C-130 when it hits a big hole in the runway and the landing gear is torn off......hmmmmm

Also, how would you like the be the passenger sitting next to the engine with the access cover being torn off???

Also, how would you like the be the passenger sitting next to the engine with the ac cess cover being torn off???

Pesky Gremlins! I told the stewardess it was out there. I warned them! They did not let me bring the Para in my carry-on. I'd have got them! B)

Edited by wide45

I'm seriously impressed!!!!!

I especially like the one where the plane's fuselage looks liked a sliced summer sausage :o

dj

Some of those are pretty old. Aviation being a rather small community I've met people that were present during some of them. The sliced summer sausage effect is obviously from another prop digging it up. I was on the ramp one day when a DC-3 jumped a chock and the prop hit the GPU sitting at the nose. No body got hurt, but it threw the GPU (ground power unit , about the size of a large garden tractor but really heavy) 80 feet or so. Just missing a 727 sitting infront of it.

Regarding the last picture with the F-16:

Q: What's the difference between 1500 feet AGL and 1500 feet MSL?

A: About $45 million and an Air Force career! :D:lol:

There's some great video footage of this, including some inside the cockpit stuff.

Edited by mpolans

so that's what happens to a C-130 when it hits a big hole in the runway and the landing gear is torn off......hmmmmm

Would you believe nobody was killed? Many were injured, but all are back on full duty.

Now whats left of that plane is in a hole just off the side of the runway. I had some more recent pics that I took a couple months ago, but cant find them.

And, they finally fixed the hole in the damn runway and put it in the NOTAMS that there was runway construction. Day late, dollar short. Time to call Lockheed and order another MC-130.