Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best rifle / multigun matches in the country

Starting to plan my 2022 travel schedule.  I have to visit clients across the country, but the dates tend to be flexible. 

Background: I'm a high-B class USPSA shooter but have started getting into the rifle, PCC, 2-gun and 3-gun.  I'm mostly interested in practical type matches, not long range.  I would like to hit up a few where I can use my AK47.

What suggestions do you all have for the best matches I shouldn't miss in 2022?  Club level to majors, I'm open.  Bonus points if it takes place in Jan-March.  Is there anything in Vegas worth shooting around Shot Show?  Was considering going this year.  

Edited by mpmo

Winter Motherland AK match - December 18th - Clinton, SC

2022 will have, I think 3 AK matches at Clinton House. Check practiscore for dates. Also, they are hosting the USPSA multi gun nationals. I think there are a total of 4 major matches next year here. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2022 at 7:54 PM, Bostenelli said:

Anyone know of anything in northeast

nothing like a major in new england sadly. there's a few bigger matches in PA but we've gotta travel a lot farther than that now for anything i'd call a major match.  semi locally there's a few single day matches in RI, Wallum Lake being the most frequent, and Pemi 3g in NH

• 4 weeks later...

Woodland Brutality, May 14th and 15th at the Echo Valley Training center in West Virginia.

2 Gun match opens for public sign up tomorrow on Practiscore.

Search under InRangeTV.

You can see videos on YouTube of Desert Brutality and Finnish Brutality to see what is involved.

Rifle/pistol, or PCC, also AK-47 friendly.

Edited by Howlin Mad
added info

• 3 weeks later...

Hard as Hell Utah is back for this year!

Blue Ridge Mountain is moving to Clinton house and August- BRM has always been a great, challenging match.  

The only match in the NE I'm familiar with is the Topton 3 Man 3 Gun- which is also loads of fun.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 5:26 PM, Howlin Mad said:

Woodland Brutality, May 14th and 15th at the Echo Valley Training center in West Virginia.

2 Gun match opens for public sign up tomorrow on Practiscore.

Search under InRangeTV.

You can see videos on YouTube of Desert Brutality and Finnish Brutality to see what is involved.

Rifle/pistol, or PCC, also AK-47 friendly.

Do you have a link to this match?  I have searched for it and cannot find it anywhere on Practiscore or on the Echo Valley Training Center website.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shot the inaugural Battle for the South 3 Gun Championship last week. Wow, is all I can say! This is going to be one of the premiere events in the years  to come. We shot out of a SWAT van, moving trailer and a 727. I think there were 3 long range stages out to 570 and several more past 400. Go online and look at the videos and pictures. This is will be a "must go" for anyone that can make it to the NC next year.

On 4/14/2022 at 8:06 PM, Blaster said:

Stay away from USPSA multigun . Using a big long pistol rulebook for 3Gun does not work

Where you at the match? Kinda curious to hear from people that were. Should probably start a different thread though.

I was there First the positives Clinton House has unlimited possibilities to have great stages, rock castle on steroids and Shannon Smith designed challenging stages. But no safe areas(they said not enogh tables) you had to ask RO permission to touch pistol but could touch rifle and shotgun in staging areas No posted stage briefs. On the shotgun jungle run stage 12 I asked if I could start knelling RO said yes Shot stage Hit accept got receipt then one of the multiple range masters shows up saids I need to reshoot because start was supposed to be standing. I said I asked RO if I could start knelling I hit accept on score pad its done deal as far as I was concerned. So I ended up no score on that stage since I would not reshoot stage. 139 people shot match out of 180 openings 

17 hours ago, Blaster said:

I was there First the positives Clinton House has unlimited possibilities to have great stages, rock castle on steroids and Shannon Smith designed challenging stages. But no safe areas(they said not enogh tables) you had to ask RO permission to touch pistol but could touch rifle and shotgun in staging areas No posted stage briefs. On the shotgun jungle run stage 12 I asked if I could start knelling RO said yes Shot stage Hit accept got receipt then one of the multiple range masters shows up saids I need to reshoot because start was supposed to be standing. I said I asked RO if I could start knelling I hit accept on score pad its done deal as far as I was concerned. So I ended up no score on that stage since I would not reshoot stage. 139 people shot match out of 180 openings 

I'm not sure how that equates to USPSA rules not working for Multigun?  Sounds more like a range issue on not having safe tables and an RO problem with inconsistent officiating.  I've had to reshoot stages immediately after shooting it and up to a day later (2 whole squads) at several different matches using various 3 gun rule sets, so it isn't just USPSA.

Nolan

17 hours ago, Blaster said:

But no safe areas(they said not enogh tables) you had to ask RO permission to touch pistol but could touch rifle and shotgun in staging areas No posted stage briefs. On the shotgun jungle run stage 12 I asked if I could start knelling RO said yes Shot stage Hit accept got receipt then one of the multiple range masters shows up saids I need to reshoot because start was supposed to be standing. I said I asked RO if I could start knelling I hit accept on score pad its done deal as far as I was concerned. So I ended up no score on that stage since I would not reshoot stage. 139 people shot match out of 180 openings 

That does all sound less than optimal, and I understand your frustration, but I've seen similar things at all manner of outlaw and UML 3 gun matches, so it doesn't seem fair to blame it on USPSA.

• 1 month later...

Back from the 2022 American Defense MFG Tarheel Challenge. This needs to be on your list for next year if you like long stages and shooting out to 650+/- yards. Check out some of the videos posted on line for a sample of what it was like. Donnie Flowe of Stage Zero Shooting Supply has taken over the Tarheel name and and put a very unique match on the ground, I heard a few folks say it was a "hard as hell" light. I think there were about 70 targets over 200 yards and most everyone went through more than a flat of shotgun ammo. This type of match is not for everyone but if you want to be challenged, put this on your calendar for 2023.

• 5 months later...

Never had a chance to shoot Ft Benning, but always thought it looked pretty interesting. Seems like they got do some stages that you couldn't do else where. Didn't realize that it wasn't held this year.